Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Karen O'Reilly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

I haven't thought about the guy in years, so I did a tiny bit of checking and it looks like his media footprint is a podcast now. Looking over recent podcasts, I ran into this one from April 15:

The Famous Jesus, JetBlue Silent on Their Mistreatment of Passengers, a Covid Update, and More
    Listen on Apple Podcasts
    Tonight’s rundown:

A special Talking Points on Jesus, the most famous human being
    JetBlue is staying quiet when it comes to answering questions regarding the mistreatment of airline passengers
    The latest on Covid-19, and where things stand
    Biden extends the travel mask mandate but ends an important immigration policy
    This Day in History: Operation Baby Lift concludes
    Final Thought: Bill's Solution to stress

JetBlue mistreating passengers. Color me intrigued.

So I tuned it up to 2x speed and started flashing through it, but the potted Jesus history with O'Reilly redactions ... did you know Jesus was actually a stonecutter, not a carpenter? ... was too much so I starting bumping the +30 button to get to the end of the package and check the rest of it. Then backed up and tried again, and again.

The third time I got to his mask package without hearing anything about JetBlue, I gave up. It's all over the description, and featured in the url too. It was there. He scrubbed it, I figure, just can't figure when other than definitely before today and probably since the Daily Fail story.

Anybody who can find the JetBlue segment, post a timestamp for me, please.
    I think O'Reilly has gone full Bonkers. He was always on my list of "too far right" conspiracy promoters on Fox, Along with Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingram and Sean Hannity. He has been reduced to an old man yelling at clouds (or in this case Jet Blue)

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      You have more patience than I.

Btw, the stone mason interpretation is hardly a new one: https://leadership.lifeway.com/2017/...-a-stonemason/
      I read long ago -- I have no idea where -- that the term could include carpentry, stone work, even metal work, and the primary meaning depended somewhat on the location of the practitioner.
      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I think O'Reilly has gone full Bonkers. He was always on my list of "too far right" conspiracy promoters on Fox, Along with Tucker Carlson, Laura Ingram and Sean Hannity. He has been reduced to an old man yelling at clouds (or in this case Jet Blue)
        Hannity is definitely far right, but he's the complete opposite of Tucker. Hannity is a partisan hack, but he's 100% in defense of trust in the establishment and the last person to ever promote conspiracy theories, even conspiracies that are plausibly against the political left he'll deny. From what I recall, O'Reilly was the same, though I admittedly have seen far less clips of him than Hannity.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

Hannity is definitely far right, but he's the complete opposite of Tucker. Hannity is a partisan hack, but he's 100% in defense of trust in the establishment and the last person to ever promote conspiracy theories, even conspiracies that are plausibly against the political left he'll deny. From what I recall, O'Reilly was the same, though I admittedly have seen far less clips of him than Hannity.
          Yeah, those four are all on the "right," but they're all different. O'R was (speaking of his time at FNC, which is all I know of him) never as "right" as the others, and was not an ideologue. There were always rumors that he disliked Hannity and had an unfriendly rivalry with him, but Hannity was the first guy to have him back on FNC as a guest a few months after his departure.

Tucker, Hannity, and Laura were always best buds, but there were always ideological differences. Those became more apparent in regard to Covid, then the war in Ukraine, and most recently with Bad Orange Man's endorsement of Meh. In all three cases, Hannity is sort of the odd man out. I can't help but wonder if that has something to do with the fact that FNC has just in the past month or so almost totally abandoned the direct host-to-host handoffs between shows in primetime.
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            Wasn't he fired for sexual harassment?
            One of several. Others included Eric Bolling and Roger Ailes. (Ok, technically those two may not have been "fired," but strongly pushed to resign.) Ailes was a brilliant and in some ways great man, but a notorious horn-dog.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

FWICT. O'Reilly wasn't a conservative (he held several "liberal" views on things), but a "populist." He isn't the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree but tended to think he was.

He actually thinks that tides are an unexplainable phenomena

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Speaking of melt-downs... looks like Trump had one during an interview with Piers Morgan

Dramatic moment Donald Trump storms off explosive Piers Morgan interview raging ‘you’re a DISLOYAL FOOL’

‘You Lost!’ Piers Morgan and Trump Trade Vicious Insults in Preview For Upcoming Interview

Morgan's take: How all hell broke loose after my fiery showdown with Trump over his stolen election claims

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Or, rather, Piers Morgan's producers created a deceptively edited video to make it appear that President Trump had a meltdown during the interview.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...ding-in-promo/
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Yeah, those four are all on the "right," but they're all different. O'R was (speaking of his time at FNC, which is all I know of him) never as "right" as the others, and was not an ideologue. There were always rumors that he disliked Hannity and had an unfriendly rivalry with him, but Hannity was the first guy to have him back on FNC as a guest a few months after his departure.

Tucker, Hannity, and Laura were always best buds, but there were always ideological differences. Those became more apparent in regard to Covid, then the war in Ukraine, and most recently with Bad Orange Man's endorsement of Meh. In all three cases, Hannity is sort of the odd man out. I can't help but wonder if that has something to do with the fact that FNC has just in the past month or so almost totally abandoned the direct host-to-host handoffs between shows in primetime.
                    Sparko called Tucker "far right," but that just isn't so. Tucker's definitely conservative, but he's a guy that isn't at all mainstream right like Hannity, is not afraid to criticize and call-out Republicans, and asks difficult and uncomfortable questions about our government. Hannity does neither of those things and who I'd definitely consider "far right" and is as mainstream-y right as you get. "Mainstream right" is a person I consider a gatekeeper of information and one who's in charge of keeping conservatives on the establishment plantation, meaning they protect the establishment narratives and don't want conservatives asking too many unconformable questions about government.

One thing I also notice; isn't it interesting that Hannity, in spite of how much of a partisan hack he is, doesn't get even a fraction of criticism and attacks as Tucker gets from the left. That's more proof Tucker is as far from mainstream right as you can get.

Comment

I tried listening to Hannity years ago, but he seems to talk about the exact same thing show after show. Very little variety. He also has a terrible habit of refusing to let his guests speak. It's like for every one minute his guests talk, he talks for three.

I don't know if I've ever seen Bill O'Reilly in anything but the odd YouTube clip.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Somehow, inexplicably, this.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                          Somehow, inexplicably, this.
                          Really. King was around, like, forever. Then maybe I'm combining his years on the radio with his TV shows.

Comment

Really. King was around, like, forever. Then maybe I'm combining his years on the radio with his TV shows.
                            King’s cable record is for same show, same host, same time slot, and I don’t see anyone beating that anytime soon. FOX credits Hannity for passing him by adding in the years with Alan Colmes and migration from slot to slot in the schedule.

Not that I cared much for Larry King, a sentiment shared with his seven ex-wives, or eight if you count the one who divorced him twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                              King’s cable record is for same show, same host, same time slot, and I don’t see anyone beating that anytime soon. FOX credits Hannity for passing him by adding in the years with Alan Colmes and migration from slot to slot in the schedule.

Not that I cared much for Larry King, a sentiment shared with his seven ex-wives, or eight if you count the one who divorced him twice.
                              After looking at the Fox lineup, it looks like Hannity is still in the same time slot as he was when it was Hannity and Colmes.

I met Hannity not long after he moved to Atlanta from Alabama (?) to host a radio show. My impression in two words: boy scout.

Comment

After looking at the Fox lineup, it looks like Hannity is still in the same time slot as he was when it was Hannity and Colmes.
                                Fox News Primetime Shakeup: Hannity Goes To 10 PM, Megyn Kelly Gets 9 PM Slot & Greta At 7 PM

Laura Ingraham set to take over Fox News' 10 p.m. slot

I met Hannity not long after he moved to Atlanta from Alabama (?) to host a radio show. My impression in two words: boy scout.
                                I met Jerry Springer when I was doing media in Chicago. Brilliant guy, poison to advertisers. I talked to brand guys who didn’t even want their spots running adjacent to him. He was too smart for his own good, an accusation that will never be leveled at Hannity. They went to a lot of trouble to find someone who could stand up next to him without making him look foolish, or more foolish anyway.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidCorn...50368137633792

David Corn, just btw, is the real thing, an actual leftist, the Washington Bureau Chief for Mother Jones, and in the running at one time for the position filled by Alan Colmes. Full disclosure, I’ve never watched either Hannity or Hannity and C, just the occasional clip on Youtube and occasional gaffe reel. I’m into long form journalism. Broadcast is too lightweight.

On an unrelated boonies note, google thinks I’m living in Atlanta because I’m so far out I have to use a Verizon cellular plan for internet, and looks like I’m dependent on a single cell tower so I can’t be triangulated the normal way.

Comment