Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Karen O'Reilly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karen O'Reilly

The phenomenon of entitled people berating the working class is interesting from a sociological perspective. Entitltedness at this level has always existed. Omnipresent smartphone cameras are only capturing an always-extant human problem.

Witness Bill O'Reilly--much revered conservative commentator for FOX NEWS and champion of the callous-handed--not being able to grasp that a blue collar worker has no control over flight delays.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ed-flight.html

Originally posted by whag View Post
    The phenomenon of entitled people berating the working class is interesting from a sociological perspective. Entitltedness at this level has always existed. Omnipresent smartphone cameras are only capturing an always-extant human problem.

Witness Bill O'Reilly--much revered conservative commentator for FOX NEWS and champion of the callous-handed--not being able to grasp that a blue collar worker has no control over flight delays.

when was the last time Bill o'reilly was relevant? Wasn't that about the same time that Keith olbermann was?

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

when was the last time Bill o'reilly was relevant?
      And when was he ever revered?
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

And when was he ever revered?
        Good point. Let's use Trump standard that ratings equal respect and greatness.

Or we can just ditch revered altogether and just say it's another example of a person who claims to be smart not knowing anything about the working class.

Comment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I know several women actually named Karen. Why should they not be offended by having their name attached to some people who may act against what the liberals, who actually do the same thing and much more than this example, say is naughty?

Or is this just Kevin whag projecting his glee at the supposed misbehaviour of somebody that nobody cares about..........

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

He's not much of a factor these days. (See what I did there? Huh? See?)

I guess he still has several irons in the fire, but he's been off Fox for about five years this month. While he was there, he was a big ratings guy, but not always "revered." I happened to prefer him to Hannity, mainly because his show was more varied in content.

I'm not shocked that he acted like an ass.
              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Who?

I haven't heard of him for years. What is his relevance today? None that I know of.

Comment

O'Reilly is the same dufus who went ballistic in the studio when he couldn't understand the wording on a teleprompter. The clip has been available on Youtube forever. Expletives galore. Not sure why you'd think anyone would be surprised by his new meltdown.

Comment

Wow someone lost their temper at an airport. It doesn't mean he is an elite who doesn't understand the working class. It just means he is a jerk. You can find dozens of videos of people losing their temper at the airport, and most of them are just ordinary people.

What I find funny is how 'far the mighty have fallen.' Bill O'Reilly having to fly Jet Blue? That's funny.

Wasn't he fired for sexual harassment?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      Wow someone lost their temper at an airport. It doesn't mean he is an elite who doesn't understand the working class. It just means he is a jerk. You can find dozens of videos of people losing their temper at the airport, and most of them are just ordinary people.

What I find funny is how 'far the mighty have fallen.' Bill O'Reilly having to fly Jet Blue? That's funny.

He did. It was funny. Liberals had been trying to get him kicked off the air for years. When this came up they were suddenly "Oh, it's all about conduct. We never tried to get him kicked off"

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I haven't thought about the guy in years, so I did a tiny bit of checking and it looks like his media footprint is a podcast now. Looking over recent podcasts, I ran into this one from April 15:

The Famous Jesus, JetBlue Silent on Their Mistreatment of Passengers, a Covid Update, and More
                        Listen on Apple Podcasts
                        Tonight’s rundown:

A special Talking Points on Jesus, the most famous human being
                        JetBlue is staying quiet when it comes to answering questions regarding the mistreatment of airline passengers
                        The latest on Covid-19, and where things stand
                        Biden extends the travel mask mandate but ends an important immigration policy
                        This Day in History: Operation Baby Lift concludes
                        Final Thought: Bill's Solution to stress

JetBlue mistreating passengers. Color me intrigued.

So I tuned it up to 2x speed and started flashing through it, but the potted Jesus history with O'Reilly redactions ... did you know Jesus was actually a stonecutter, not a carpenter? ... was too much so I starting bumping the +30 button to get to the end of the package and check the rest of it. Then backed up and tried again, and again.

The third time I got to his mask package without hearing anything about JetBlue, I gave up. It's all over the description, and featured in the url too. It was there. He scrubbed it, I figure, just can't figure when other than definitely before today and probably since the Daily Fail story.

Anybody who can find the JetBlue segment, post a timestamp for me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

I haven't thought about the guy in years, so I did a tiny bit of checking and it looks like his media footprint is a podcast now. Looking over recent podcasts, I ran into this one from April 15:

The Famous Jesus, JetBlue Silent on Their Mistreatment of Passengers, a Covid Update, and More
                          Listen on Apple Podcasts
                          Tonight’s rundown:

A special Talking Points on Jesus, the most famous human being
                          JetBlue is staying quiet when it comes to answering questions regarding the mistreatment of airline passengers
                          The latest on Covid-19, and where things stand
                          Biden extends the travel mask mandate but ends an important immigration policy
                          This Day in History: Operation Baby Lift concludes
                          Final Thought: Bill's Solution to stress

JetBlue mistreating passengers. Color me intrigued.

So I tuned it up to 2x speed and started flashing through it, but the potted Jesus history with O'Reilly redactions ... did you know Jesus was actually a stonecutter, not a carpenter? ... was too much so I starting bumping the +30 button to get to the end of the package and check the rest of it. Then backed up and tried again, and again.

The third time I got to his mask package without hearing anything about JetBlue, I gave up. It's all over the description, and featured in the url too. It was there. He scrubbed it, I figure, just can't figure when other than definitely before today and probably since the Daily Fail story.

Anybody who can find the JetBlue segment, post a timestamp for me, please.
                          You have more patience than I.

Btw, the stone mason interpretation is hardly a new one: https://leadership.lifeway.com/2017/...-a-stonemason/

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

http://www.greekdoc.com/bible/lexicon/tek.html#tektwn

τέκτων
                            • Parse: Noun: Nom Sing Masc
                            • Meaning: carpenter, mason, craftsman, workman, artisan, artificer, technician
                            • Forms:
                            Masculine
                            NOM τέκτων τέκτονες
                            GEN τέκτονος τεκτόνων
                            DAT τέκτονι τέκτοσι(ν)
                            ACC τέκτονα τέκτονας

Nothing exciting there. According to BDAG (also allowing that tekton could refer to either working with stone or wood) the Didache claims that Joseph made ploughs and yokes: stone seems to be an unlikely material to use for those implements. LSJ gives any craftsman working with any material (including ivory) but usually not a smith.
                            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                            Scripture before Tradition:
                            but that won't prevent others from
                            taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                            of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              You have more patience than I.
                              FYI, the final word, “dealing with stress” segment is still there. He advises folks not to act like a victim.

Be still my heart.

Comment