Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

World War Three?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

And seeing how the west has poured endless billions into that debacle, I don't see them letting it go, nor does it seem Russia is keen on any sort of negotiation apart from complete capitulation of Kiev.
    Yep. We are likely far past the point where this conflict can be resolved with peaceful negotiation. Just think of how many lives could have been saved if the US hadn't fed Zelinsky's ego with the false hope that Ukraine could actually prevail (not to mention feeding his bank account with billions of US taxpayer dollars).
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
      Attacks begin: https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/report-iran-begins-attack-on-israel-launching-dozens-of-drones-thatll-take-hours-to-arrive/
      Biden probably told them it was OK as long as it was just a little attack.

Comment

It would be a shame if one of those drones inadvertently slammed into the Dome of Rock shrine.
        Even if there was a video of it coming in and striking, and pieces were positively identified as being from an Iranian drone or missile, it would never be accepted that it was the case.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Even if there was a video of it coming in and striking, and pieces were positively identified as being from an Iranian drone or missile, it would never be accepted that it was the case.

As far as the Muslim world goes, I'm pretty sure they don't care at this point. The only global bodies they may (and that's a big "may") care about are their western allies and possibly the UNSC majority. As long as the Muslim world keeps sending in drones and missiles, they've got perfect cover in that regard.

Comment

Macron won't stop saber-rattling about deploying troops in Ukraine (though we know western forces are already there). My feeling that NATO will intervene at some point that Ukraine starts showing obvious signs of defeat is getting stronger and stronger. I can't see Russia marching on Kiev without an irresistible impulse for the west to react. It would just be far too embarrassing and disastrous for them to let that happen.
            Macron reaffirms possibility of sending troops to Ukraine

The Economist said Macron gave the interview after delivering a keynote speech last week where he declared that Europe is "mortal" and could "die" partly due to the threat posed by Russian aggression after its February 2022 invasion of Ukraine.

"I'm not ruling anything out, because we are facing someone who is not ruling anything out," said Macron when asked if he stood by comments earlier this year not excluding the sending of Western troops that sent shockwaves around Europe.

Some analysts believe that Russia could be on the verge of launching a major new offensive in Ukraine.

Macron said "if Russia decided to go further, we will in any case all have to ask ourselves this question" of sending troops, describing his refusal to rule out such a move as a "strategic wake-up call for my counterparts".

He described Russia as "a power of regional destabilisation" and "a threat to Europeans' security".

"I have a clear strategic objective: Russia cannot win in Ukraine," Macron said.

"If Russia wins in Ukraine, there will be no security in Europe.

"Who can pretend that Russia will stop there? What security will there be for the other neighbouring countries, Moldova, Romania, Poland, Lithuania and the others?" he asked.

Russia "winning" is inevitable -- they're slowly advancing as we speak -- so it's down to whether or not Macron is bluffing. Being that the world seems to be under a pro-war spell, it seems he's unlikely bluffing. Personally I don;t think even France will make much of a difference, unless he drags other NATO countries with him.

Comment

Macron reaffirms possibility of sending troops to Ukraine

The Economist said Macron gave the interview after delivering a keynote speech last week where he declared that Europe is "mortal" and could "die" partly due to the threat posed by Russian aggression after its February 2022 invasion of Ukraine.

"I'm not ruling anything out, because we are facing someone who is not ruling anything out," said Macron when asked if he stood by comments earlier this year not excluding the sending of Western troops that sent shockwaves around Europe.

Some analysts believe that Russia could be on the verge of launching a major new offensive in Ukraine.

Macron said "if Russia decided to go further, we will in any case all have to ask ourselves this question" of sending troops, describing his refusal to rule out such a move as a "strategic wake-up call for my counterparts".

He described Russia as "a power of regional destabilisation" and "a threat to Europeans' security".

"I have a clear strategic objective: Russia cannot win in Ukraine," Macron said.

"If Russia wins in Ukraine, there will be no security in Europe.

"Who can pretend that Russia will stop there? What security will there be for the other neighbouring countries, Moldova, Romania, Poland, Lithuania and the others?" he asked.

Russia "winning" is inevitable -- they're slowly advancing as we speak -- so it's down to whether or not Macron is bluffing. Being that the world seems to be under a pro-war spell, it seems he's unlikely bluffing. Personally I don;t think even France will make much of a difference, unless he drags other NATO countries with him.
              It sounded like he was establishing the conditions for deploying French troops in Ukraine.

If they want to get their ASAP it seems likely they will have to drive backwards to get a higher speed.

That's because French tanks only have 1 forward gear and 8 for going in reverse.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It sounded like he was establishing the conditions for deploying French troops in Ukraine.

If they want to get their ASAP it seems likely they will have to drive backwards to get a higher speed.

That's because French tanks only have 1 forward gear and 8 for going in reverse.

French military prowess has been ebbing since its high tide outside of Moscow 200 years ago.
                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  French military prowess has been ebbing since its high tide outside of Moscow 200 years ago.
                  During WWI they were still a force to be reckoned with and pretty much taught the Americans and Brits how to fight trench warfare.

Comment

During WWI they were still a force to be reckoned with and pretty much taught the Americans and Brits how to fight trench warfare.
                    Don't you mean French warfare?
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Don't you mean French warfare?
                      drum-monkey.gif

Small units moving quickly and "haphazardly" rather than marching in lines straight into machine gun fire like the Brits were still insisting upon.

Comment

drum-monkey.gif

Small units moving quickly and "haphazardly" rather than marching in lines straight into machine gun fire like the Brits were still insisting upon.
                        They learned that from fighting with Indians (oops! I meant Native Americans) during the French and Indian War (oops! I meant the French and Native American War).

Comment

• While Kharkiv appears to be the next major Ukrainian city to fall to the Russians, Blinken jams with a band in Kiev.

(WARNING some graphic language in the tweets that the following article references):

Blinken Rocks Out In Kiev As Kharkiv Burns

This is probably as close as you're going to get to the expression "fiddling while Rome burns."

Comment

While Kharkiv appears to be the next major Ukrainian city to fall to the Russians, Blinken jams with a band in Kiev.

This is probably as close as you're going to get to the expression "fiddling while Rome burns."
                            Typical clueless disconnect from this Biden group. I'm surprised they weren't having a $1,000 plate gala luncheon in Kyiv in support of Zelensky.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Typical clueless disconnect from this Biden group. I'm surprised they weren't having a $1,000 plate gala luncheon in Kyiv in support of Zelensky.
                              Even worse, the ZH article references a Martina Boguslavets who's claiming the recent funds were embezzled through Ukrainian shell companies, though I don't know how credible that story is of yet. "Bogus" is an interesting name.

Comment

Even worse, the ZH article references a Martina Boguslavets who's claiming the recent funds were embezzled through Ukrainian shell companies, though I don't know how credible that story is of yet. "Bogus" is an interesting name.
                                She appears to be legit, as well as her name. But I am unable to read the story that was referenced.

Comment