Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

World War Three?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

Given that my article mentioned Tokyo Rose I await your defence of their broadcasts [more than one woman was involved] and what crime you consider those women committed [if any]? Likewise Lord Haw Haw.
    You keep dodging the question and trying to deflect. I'm not playing that game.
    Assuming the accusation is true, what is the crime that he is committing?

Comment

Would you care to offer a similar defence of Toyko Rose or Lord Haw Haw?
      The former case apparently involved Japanese citizens, so there is no crime. The latter worked on behalf of an enemy state that was at war with allied countries - and was a citizen (Joyce anyway) of one or more of those allied countries. Seeing as the U.S. is not at war with Russia, there is a big difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

The former case apparently involved Japanese citizens, so there is no crime. The latter worked on behalf of an enemy state that was at war with allied countries - and was a citizen (Joyce anyway) of one or more of those allied countries. Seeing as the U.S. is not at war with Russia, there is a big difference.
        Given that Kaltenbach was a mouthpiece for German propaganda before the USA entered the war, what are you views on him?
        "It ain't necessarily so
        The things that you're liable
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life
        Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

You keep dodging the question and trying to deflect. I'm not playing that game.
          I am not the one dodging the question.

However, I suspected you would attempt to deflect and refrain from answering my question because to do so would risk putting you in an invidious position.
          "It ain't necessarily so
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I am not the one dodging the question.

However, I suspected you would attempt to deflect and refrain from answering my question because to do so would risk putting you in an invidious position.
            You only responded to my question by deflecting to other cases. You never actually answered mine. I will not respond to your deflecting questions until you actually respond.

Comment

You only responded to my question by deflecting to other cases. You never actually answered mine. I will not respond to your deflecting questions until you actually respond.
              Likewise

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post
              Assuming the accusation is true,
              What accusation?
              "It ain't necessarily so
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Likewise

What accusation?
                Let's ignore your derail. I'm going to assume, for sake of argument, that Tucker is a Russian Propagandist on Fox news. What's the crime? It may be distasteful, it may be unethical, but what is the actual crime committed? What exactly will the DOJ investigate him for?

Comment

Given that Kaltenbach was a mouthpiece for German propaganda before the USA entered the war, what are you views on him?
                  Granted, I only know of him what I've just quickly read. But in principle (as a US citizen): His broadcasts prior to Germany declaring war on the US were not crimes, but his continuance to do so afterwards were crimes. If he had surrendered his US citizenship it would be different, but I don't know if he did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Fox News correspondent Steve Harrigan returns from Ukraine with a somber message about the situation and likely future. Harrigan notes that Russian victory in Ukraine is a foregone conclusion – Ukraine will be flattened if needed. However, that outcome comes at a serious cost.

The war inside Ukraine will wage on for years as an insurgency against Vladimir Putin. The western alliance will spend trillions if needed. NATO will kill as many Ukrainians and mercenary units as needed in order to battle Vladimir Putin in a proxy war. The industrial war machine will gleefully churn out the material needed for the DC based political war machine to purchase.

[...]

Harrigan is correct, however, he missed the biggest tell-tale sign of all. Where are the peacekeepers? Where are the diplomatic voices, the ranks of the prudent and pragmatic political voices who focus on stopping the death? Where are those voices? Where is the faith-based voice asking for leaders to stop, breathe, meet and seek a solution without further war?
                    Those voices are silent because the western motive is to create a long-term insurgent war in Ukraine. The geopolitical system views this as an existential battle against Russia. Both sides in this conflict view this as a zero-sum contest. The NATO alliance doesn’t view Volodymyr as a hero, he’s a tool.

If Zelenskyy were to walk toward a negotiated ceasefire, the bullet that kills him would come from the rear. That’s how corrupt this conflict is.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...the-situation/
                    And like the Emperor Palpatine, Xi and the Chicoms are sitting back going "Good...good"

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Let's ignore your derail. I'm going to assume, for sake of argument, that Tucker is a Russian Propagandist on Fox news. What's the crime? It may be distasteful, it may be unethical, but what is the actual crime committed? What exactly will the DOJ investigate him for?
                      You realize that every answer response you get will avoid answering while demanding answers to questions she poses, right?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        You realize that every answer response you get will avoid answering while demanding answers to questions she poses, right?
                        Oh, I know. I like how she accused me of deflecting he questions when all of her questions were just deflections from the one I asked.

Comment

No he didn't. He gave his opinions. An opinion is not a summary.
                          Your forgot to respond to this part of my post:

As for the article you posted, I'm not sure how Russian propaganda taking Tucker Carlson out of context proves anything.

Comments?
                          Last edited by Mountain Man; 03-15-2022, 07:16 AM.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Granted, I only know of him what I've just quickly read. But in principle (as a US citizen): His broadcasts prior to Germany declaring war on the US were not crimes, but his continuance to do so afterwards were crimes. If he had surrendered his US citizenship it would be different, but I don't know if he did.
                            While not technically constituting a crime [given that prior to the end of 1941 the USA was not actually at war] in what manner do you think Kaltenbach's pre war broadcasts assisted the situation?
                            "It ain't necessarily so
                            To read in the Bible
                            It ain't necessarily so
                            ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Your forgot to respond to this part of my post:

As for the article you posted, I'm not sure how Russian propaganda taking Tucker Carlson out of context proves anything.
                              Comments?
                              What do you want to prove?
                              Last edited by Hypatia_Alexandria; 03-15-2022, 07:17 AM.
                              "It ain't necessarily so
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Read the actual articles seanD listed.
                                "It ain't necessarily so
                                To read in the Bible
                                It ain't necessarily so
                                ."

Sportin' Life

Comment