Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Prepubescent "Transgender Activist"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
    In the US, I would guess 99%. From what I've read, trans people need to pass multiple tests in order to qualify for even hormone therapy.
    wow
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

We should do whatever a person's doctor thinks is best if it coincides with either the best practices involving whatever malady is involved or a promising new solution that doesn't result in a Hippocratic Oath violation.
      This is why liberals are insane...
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

You don't know that it's not a mutation or birth defect.

Surgery for to address mental illness, which is not related to trans issues, already exists and is successful. Transitioning has been determined to be medically necessary and successful.
        surgery to address mental illness. Yeah to FIX the mental illness, not to humor it. Removing tumors, or electro shock treatment, etc is used to STOP the mental illness and return the person to normal, NOT to surgically make their body match their mental illness.

All of them, probably. Their genes don't fully push them to the male or female side of the spectrum.
        No. NONE of them.

Please, just

You are just embarrassing yourself now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Why would that make him stop? I've always figured that his user name refers to his posts being so shockingly dumb.
          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

surgery to address mental illness. Yeah to FIX the mental illness, not to humor it. Removing tumors, or electro shock treatment, etc is used to STOP the mental illness and return the person to normal, NOT to surgically make their body match their mental illness.
            That's not true. If someone has tremors and uses a deep brain stimulation implant, they aren't cured. They still have tremors. They just have treatment. That's no different than hormone replacement therapy or sexual reassignment surgery.

No. NONE of them.

Please, just

I don't think you, or really anyone who has been Amening your posts, know what genes are or how they work. I would like you to explain in your own words what genes are and how they result in someone being a man or woman.

Comment

That's not true. If someone has tremors and uses a deep brain stimulation implant, they aren't cured. They still have tremors. They just have treatment. That's no different than hormone replacement therapy or sexual reassignment surgery.
              It is completely different. They treat them to remove the tremors, not cause them. They are curing the illness not coddling it.

I don't think you, or really anyone who has been Amening your posts, know what genes are or how they work. I would like you to explain in your own words what genes are and how they result in someone being a man or woman.
              Really? I think it is you who don't have a clue about DNA, Genes, and Chromosomes are.

Genes are made up of DNA molecules, and Chromosomes are made up of genes. Genes are basically "programs" that determine how various functions in cells work and physical characteristics of an organism. Each person has 2 copies of each gene. One from their mother and the other from their father.

Comment

It is impossible for you to know this.

That's why it's important for doctors to provide treatment based on the best of modern medical knowledge.
                Mutilating genitals is not medical treatment. It is witch doctoring.
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                  This is why liberals are insane...
                  No, this is how liberals are insane. Well one way anyhow.
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                    There's no such thing as a female brain, Jim.
                    Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot that conservatives don't believe in the usefulness of science when coming to their conclusions.They already know the answers.

Comment

Genes are made up of DNA molecules, and Chromosomes are made up of genes. Genes are basically "programs" that determine how various functions in cells work and physical characteristics of an organism. Each person has 2 copies of each gene. One from their mother and the other from their father.
                      Mitochondria are the powerhouse of the cell.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot that conservatives don't believe in the usefulness of science when coming to their conclusions.They already know the answers.
                        Sorry, science is not on your side. You would know this if you had paid attention to this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                          Sorry, science is not on your side. You would know this if you had paid attention to this thread.

Btc's link is not conclusive of anything. That the majority of brains are a mosaic of male and female brains only tells us that the majority of brains are not the same and leaves the door open to ones brain not corresponding to ones physical gender.
                          There are many scientific studies supporting the idea that dysphoria is biologically based.
                          Last edited by JimL; 01-06-2017, 06:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            I posted a scientific study. That it doesn't follow your script isn't my problem.
                            That's what
                            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                              Mitochondria are the powerhouse of the cell.

For PM, a nice diagram of the relationship of Chromosomes, Genes and DNA

Comment

It is completely different. They treat them to remove the tremors, not cause them. They are curing the illness not coddling it.
                                Treatment isn't the same as a cure. Just as a DBS implant treats tremors, HRT and SRS treats gender dysphoria. They are analogous in that they both reduce suffering.

Really? I think it is you who don't have a clue about DNA, Genes, and Chromosomes are.

So if you know how genes work, what is your issue with the idea of abnormal genetic expressions resulting in the body of one sex and the identity of another?

Comment