Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

What are the real concerns surrounding CRT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

That has already been addressed, In that respect the USA is no different from many other countries.
    Ah, an actual response!!!! YAY!!!!! (Though, you at first indicated you thought it was "the state" that funded and operated schools -- we'll let that one slide)

At this point, I think there's only ONE person who doesn't realize you've fried yourself in your own fat, and that's you -- so I'll leave you to your misery.

(You can pretend you've won)
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Ah, an actual response!!!! YAY!!!!! (Though, you at first indicated you thought it was "the state" that funded and operated schools -- we'll let that one slide)

At this point, I think there's only ONE person who doesn't realize you've fried yourself in your own fat, and that's you -- so I'll leave you to your misery.

(You can pretend you've won)
      Premised on that reply I suspect Sparko would contend that you have:

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

lost this debate and have turned to childish one-liners in some lame attempt to save face.

"It ain't necessarily so
      The things that you're liable
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

Sportin' Life
      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Premised on that reply I suspect Sparko would contend that you have:

Oh, no, ma'am! You've won fair and square!!! You are the winner!

You started yet another "Texas Bounty Hunter" thread in which you ask for responses you will feverishly reject and dismiss.

You win!!!

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I think the task is beyond him.
          I was referring to your hand wave of a... I wouldn't even classify your offering as a response...
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Ah, I see you edited your post to include THIS little cow plop of stupidity....

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
            ....One could of course opine that the taxpayer IS the state in that respect.
            Here, debate yourself...

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
            Take statement and provide supporting evidence for it and then compose it all into a coherent piece of prose
            Dingbat!

Comment

We, brother, are going to go to environmental heck.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Especially the monochrome ones!
                But they had two color... oh, yeah. never mind

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I am waiting for another "adult" to present their own counter-argument. So far I appear to be in a virtual elementary school playground.
                  My favorite subject back then was recess.

Followed by lunch. Although recess may have followed after lunch. smiley hmm.gif

Comment

I am waiting for another "adult" to present their own counter-argument. So far I appear to be in a virtual elementary school playground.
                    Why should anyone put forth effort to discuss with you when you will find a way to dismisswhat they say, likely without actually addressing any real points, or you'll derail the conversation.

"Thats thier opinion."
                    "You are appealing to status"
                    "you need to tell us what the definition of 'is' is"

At the end of the day people you desperately want to have reasoned discussions with, are no longer assuming you debate in good faith, and treat your posts as such.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      But they had two color... oh, yeah. never mind
                      Since you brought it up, smartypants, I HATED the "amber" monitors - not enough contrast. And the "green" monitors --- why? Just WHY?!?!?!

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Why should anyone put forth effort to discuss with you when you will find a way to dismisswhat they say, likely without actually addressing any real points, or you'll derail the conversation.

"Thats thier opinion."
                        "You are appealing to status"
                        "you need to tell us what the definition of 'is' is"
                        You're on a roll, brother, until this....

At the end of the day people you desperately want to have reasoned discussions with,
                        I think you know that's a lie on her part...

are no longer assuming you debate in good faith, and treat your posts as such.
                        bingo.jpg

Comment

• Last month in schools in Fairfax County, Virginia they introduced "Privilege Bingo"

Given how Christians are viewed by secular society these days I'm not too sure what "privilege" it carries and cannot even fathom the "privilege" being a military kid bestows.

Parental outrage resulted in it getting pulled and an apology issued, but did anyone hear of it? None of the broadcast network News mentioned it and FWICT the NYT and WaPo were silent as well. Keep in mind these were the same folks who repeatedly insisted that things like CRT were nothing but a myth despite the fact that 'Critical race theory' appears multiple times on Virginia Department of Education website. See HERE for just one example, that encouraged teachers to "embrace Critical Race Theory" in "order to re-engineer attitudes and belief systems."

The 2019 memo from Superintendent of Public Instruction James Lane endorsing "Foundations of Critical Race Theory in Education" to "further spur developments in education" and another one which both promoted CRT as well as the idea of "white fragility" have been removed from the website (I had to use the Internet Archive Wayback Machine to get the one document that I linked to)[1]. Yet even though their websites have been scrubbed as the "Privilege Bingo" demonstrates, that does not mean that the educrats haven't stopped trying to insert it into the criteria.

1. I just found one of the memos but it is in pdf
                          Last edited by rogue06; 02-11-2022, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Last month in schools in Fairfax County, Virginia they introduced "Privilege Bingo"

Given how Christians are viewed by secular society these days I'm not too sure what "privilege" it carries and cannot even fathom the "privilege" being a military kid bestows.

Parental outrage resulted in it getting pulled and an apology issued, but did anyone hear of it? None of the broadcast network News mentioned it and FWICT the NYT and WaPo were silent as well. Keep in mind these were the same folks who repeatedly insisted that things like CRT were nothing but a myth despite the fact that 'Critical race theory' appears multiple times on Virginia Department of Education website. See HERE for just one example, that encouraged teachers to "embrace Critical Race Theory" in "order to re-engineer attitudes and belief systems."

The 2019 memo from Superintendent of Public Instruction James Lane endorsing "Foundations of Critical Race Theory in Education" to "further spur developments in education" and another one which both promoted CRT as well as the idea of "white fragility" have been removed from the website (I had to use the Internet Archive Wayback Machine to get the one document that I linked to)[1]. Yet even though their websites have been scrubbed as the "Privilege Bingo" demonstrates, that does not mean that the educrats haven't stopped trying to insert it into the criteria.

1. I just found one of the memos but it is in pdf
                            Keep the above in mind when supposed "fact checkers" like PolitiFact maintain "Critical race theory is not mentioned in the Virginia Department of Education’s curriculum"

Comment

Keep the above in mind when supposed "fact checkers" like PolitiFact maintain "Critical race theory is not mentioned in the Virginia Department of Education’s curriculum"
                              So, we know that CRT is INDEED being taught in our shools.
                              We know that our schools are FAILING (documentable).
                              If they can't do a good job teaching the BASICS of EDUCATION, why do we need social engineering like CRT?
                              We know that the LIBERALS are in charge of our public schools.
                              We know that it's TEACHERS UNIONS that they use to control the public schools.
                              We know that the TEACHERS UNIONS donate overwhelmingly to Democrat candidates and causes.

So, what's the solution?

Throw the bums out!!!

Comment

Take each of those statements and provide supporting evidence for each of them and then compose it all into a coherent piece of prose
                                I love it. another Hypatianism to throw back in your face at a later time.

Comment