Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Woman reveals ‘nightmare’ of being ‘gang raped’ in virtual reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

OK, totally new to this --- couldn't she just take off the mask or shut off the game?
    Of course she could, which is what makes this story rather silly.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I've heard there has been some talk about criminalizing sending unwanted explicit photos to people (especially strangers) in the UK. That might be similar on some levels.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Same thing in World of Warcraft. You would have high level characters just waiting around to kill lower level solo players, just for fun. It was called "ganking" (gang killing)

Still while it is not actually rape, I can see how it would be upsetting to a woman being virtually assaulted and harassed by a gang of jerks. I sure wouldn't want any young boys or girls having to go through that online.
        Same thing happens in GTA 5, only they call it "griefing." It's something gamers have always had to deal with as part of online gaming. Which is why I think this whole thing is so dumb, and why I don't get the whole "metaverse" craze, like it's something novel, and how it's any different than what any other open-world online video game has been doing for years now.

Comment

And that's why I just stick to single player mode games. Or games that are safe enough for children. No gross stuff then.
          If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

game of chess.jfif
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

We know folks nowadays don't think that way. The world revolves around THEM, therefore, it's the world that needs to change or cater to their vulnerabilities and needs. And I'd be real surprised if this wasn't a typical lefttard.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post

We know folks nowadays don't think that way. The world revolves around THEM, therefore, it's the world that needs to change or cater to their vulnerabilities and needs. And I'd be real surprised if this wasn't a typical lefttard.
                Yeah, and unless (trying to be delicate here) there was some physical apparatus attached to or in contact with certain parts of her body, it's all a mind game.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

well from what I can tell, she didn't call it rape, that's the MSN's interpretation of what she said.

eta never mind, she did say "gang raped"

Source: https://nypost.com/2022/02/01/mom-opens-up-about-being-virtually-gang-raped-in-metaverse/

“Within 60 seconds of joining — I was verbally and sexually harassed — 3-4 male avatars, with male voices, essentially, but virtually gang raped my avatar and took photos — as I tried to get away they yelled — ‘don’t pretend you didn’t love it’ and ‘go rub yourself off to the photo,’” Nina Jane Patel, 43, recalled in a Medium post recounting the “nightmare” she experienced as a beta tester on the VR platform Horizon Worlds, created by Meta, the company formerly known as Facebook.

“A horrible experience that happened so fast and before I could even think about putting the safety barrier in place,” the London-based mother wrote, referring to Meta’s Safe Zone feature,

© Copyright Original Source

I'm curious if the game actually allows one player to virtually penetrate the other, or whether she just doesn't understand what "rape" means.
                  "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Originally posted by myth View Post

I'm curious if the game actually allows one player to virtually penetrate the other, or whether she just doesn't understand what "rape" means.
                    I think it's akin to when a woman said he visually raped me.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yeah, and unless (trying to be delicate here) there was some physical apparatus attached to or in contact with certain parts of her body, it's all a mind game.
                      Nothing would surprise me -- and I mean NOTHING -- if we start hearing a slew of these stories on metaverse and the Dems attempt to intact policy against online "bullying" and/or "harassment." This is something you'd normally read in the Babylon Bee, but this is perfectly plausible now.

Comment

Nothing would surprise me -- and I mean NOTHING -- if we start hearing a slew of these stories on metaverse and the Dems attempt to intact policy against online "bullying" and/or "harassment." This is something you'd normally read in the Babylon Bee, but this is perfectly plausible now.
                        Yup! Would not surprise me in the least.

Comment

Same thing in World of Warcraft. You would have high level characters just waiting around to kill lower level solo players, just for fun. It was called "ganking" (gang killing)

One of my favorite South Park eps is about that kind of scenario in WoW.
                          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

I don't think we're quite at "Ready Player One" technology yet.
                            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by norrinradd View Post

one of my favorite south park eps is about that kind of scenario in wow.
                              the sword of truth
                              "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Same thing happens in GTA 5, only they call it "griefing." It's something gamers have always had to deal with as part of online gaming. Which is why I think this whole thing is so dumb, and why I don't get the whole "metaverse" craze, like it's something novel, and how it's any different than what any other open-world online video game has been doing for years now.
                                Yeah there have been virtual worlds for decades (e.g. second life). The only thing "new" here is using a VR headset instead of a monitor. I think the whole "meta" thing is facebook 1> trying to find a way to become relevant again and 2> sell more Oculus headsets.

Comment