Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Candace Owens Suspects Moon Landing Fraud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Candace Owens Suspects Moon Landing Fraud

Candace Owens has expressed doubt of anthropogenic climate change, vaccines, and now the moon landing.

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2022/...g-conspiracist

I’m pretty sure she reject evolution, too. There is no evidence she’s a flat earther, though. Not yet, anyway.

Originally posted by whag View Post
    Candace Owens has expressed doubt of anthropogenic climate change, vaccines, and now the moon landing.

I’m pretty sure she reject evolution, too. There is no evidence she’s a flat earther, though. Not yet, anyway.
    That's nice for her, I guess. Why should we care?

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

That's nice for her, I guess. Why should we care?
      Oh wow. Asking the big philosophical questions there. Why should we care about anything?

Comment

Oh wow. Asking the big philosophical questions there. Why should we care about anything?
        So you just wanted to share a random factoid about someone that I doubt anyone here particularly cares about? I see.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

So you just wanted to share a random factoid about someone that I doubt anyone here particularly cares about? I see.
          I’d be proud of a group that determined her opinions not particularly relevant.

Comment

This is so disappointing, I liked her so much. :(
            "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Well, I have to admit Daily Kooks is right in saying she's an "influential pundit and a rising young star in the conservative movement." More typical of their retarded wrongness is calling her a "leader in the conservative push to kill as many fellow conservatives as possible" because of her personal vax choices.

She is, unfortunately, too eager to give "hot takes," like her speculations about Bob Saget.

I note that she did call her moon landing tweet "light-hearted fun," so I'm not too bent out of shape over it.
              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by myth View Post

This is so disappointing, I liked her so much. :(
                Yeah, she was born 20 years after, but... yeah.

Weirdly enough, this isn't terribly unpopular with some younger adults who have a great distrust for the government.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Candace Owens has expressed doubt of anthropogenic climate change, vaccines, and now the moon landing...
                  I can appreciate her skepticism, she's learned to distrust government in an age where that is justified. But she just needs a bit more science savvy to see the error of her ways.

Besides, she's cute.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Weirdly enough, this isn't terribly unpopular with some younger adults who have a great distrust for the government.
                    Science skepticism IS terribly unpopular with most young adults. They distrust the economic system more than scientific achievements like NASA missions and medical advancements, which are epistemically provable. The money system, not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

I can appreciate her skepticism, she's learned to distrust government in an age where that is justified. But she just needs a bit more science savvy to see the error of her ways.

Besides, she's cute.
                      Yes. Definitely cuter than the SNL chick who spoofed her.

I always enjoyed science, even though my actual education in it is not extensive and not current. The last two years have really soured my view.
                      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                        I always enjoyed science, even though my actual education in it is not extensive and not current. The last two years have really soured my view.
                        The problem is that scientists have become very politicized. This politicization has come in the form of self censorship (for example, epidemiologists staying quiet about the BLM protests) because they'd rather support their tribe than spout their science. It also comes in the form of spinning results to match the politics. Take something like cloth masks. The underlying science about how well they work hasn't changed. But the spin/explanation of it has. Basically cloth masks haven't ever been good. But the explanation was "nearly useless" to "Wearing a cloth mask could protect you, here's how to make the best one possible" to "least useful covering". None of those really change the numbers, but the spin behind them (and therefore the impression of their effectiveness) changes based on the politics.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Source: Moon landing hoax? US millennials believe NASA faked the Moon landing and UFOs visit Earth

NASA landed the first man on the Moon 50 years ago this month on July 20, 1969. The Apollo 11 mission saw astronauts Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins fly to the Moon and back. But half-a-century later, conspiracists still doubt NASA with one-in-10 Americans accusing the space agency of faking the Moon landing. A new poll conducted ahead of the 50th Apollo 11 anniversary has found the highest number of these so-called truthers fall within the millennial age bracket.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

I guess this should be expected with the government and MSM increasingly trying to gaslight everyone

Still disappointed with Owens though. She's otherwise very intelligent.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Science skepticism IS terribly unpopular with most young adults.
                            Can you expound upon that, please?
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

The problem is that scientists have become very politicized. This politicization has come in the form of self censorship (for example, epidemiologists staying quiet about the BLM protests) because they'd rather support their tribe than spout their science. It also comes in the form of spinning results to match the politics. Take something like cloth masks. The underlying science about how well they work hasn't changed. But the spin/explanation of it has. Basically cloth masks haven't ever been good. But the explanation was "nearly useless" to "Wearing a cloth mask could protect you, here's how to make the best one possible" to "least useful covering". None of those really change the numbers, but the spin behind them (and therefore the impression of their effectiveness) changes based on the politics.
                              "Social justice is more important than social distancing" was the cry in 2021.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment