Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

What is the issue over paid maternity leave?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria;n1338001Perhaps you could present a cogent and reasoned argument for why you are opposed to paid maternity leave for all working American women given the benefits that [as research indicates
    would accrue to both themselves and their infants and young children from such a policy.
    Perhaps you could stop being such a miserable and look at the cogent and reasoned arguments I have already posted.

I suspect, however, you'll simply continue your ing tactics.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

On the contrary. From the tenor of various posts made by some individuals on this thread and others I have started [or to which I have offered comments] I often get the distinct impression that several of you only really wish to engage in a slanging contest.

I therefore leave you to your own devices.
      Looks like someone hit a nerve so she's taking her ball and running away from her own dang thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post
        Looks like someone hit a nerve so she's taking her ball and running away from her own dang thread.
        I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you. And Stunned!

She always manages to turn it into emotional drivel, and avoids the actual topic. She engages in tactics, then blames others.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The US collection of data is not "superior" it is merely different, and once you are overly preoccupied with the collection of such data.

That discrepancy may be a possible reason for the differences but it is not the sole reason, despite some here wishing it to be so.
          Given that it includes many infant deaths that European data ignore and discard to make themselves look better? US collection of data is by far superior.

That's like telling a geologist like myself to only collect soil samples from a few specific areas instead of from the entire site being investigated, and then claiming that getting data points from the entire site is not "superior" even though it gives a better look at the entirety of the site instead of a few locations that can easily miss a swelling clay that will Crack your foundation, or a slumping silt that will cause your foundation to slip.

Comment

On the contrary. From the tenor of various posts made by some individuals on this thread and others I have started [or to which I have offered comments] I often get the distinct impression that several of you only really wish to engage in a slanging contest.

I therefore leave you to your own devices.
            I seem to have this affect on you - I don't put up with your dishonesty and hypocrisy, and try to drag you back kicking and screaming to the actual matter at hand.

INCAPALBLE of dealing with the matter at hand without ing, you run away and hide.

This pretty much proves what a miserable little you are.

If you SHOUD decide to engage in honest interelectrocution*, I'm here!

*shocking

Comment

I am still waiting for someone to put forward a cogent and reasoned argument as to why they are opposed to working women being federally mandated to receive paid maternity leave.

The points made in the link provided by Mountain Man indicate that paid parental leave and a nationwide programme of home visits by qualified medical staff would go some way to alleviate the IMR in many parts of the USA.

However, remarks posted to this thread seem more concerned with individual's wallets [as in how much tax they may have to pay] as well as eccentric notions of "freedom" such as the facts you have outlined without any consideration as to the other fact that [for myriad reasons] those opportunities may not always be available to working women across your country.
              You've ignored numerous cogent and reasoned arguments, and even a proposal made by MM to help you out with your ignorance of how such a thing could be paid for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Perhaps you could stop being such a miserable and look at the cogent and reasoned arguments I have already posted.

I suspect, however, you'll simply continue your ing tactics.
                You have yet to post any recognisable cogent and reasoned argument on this thread to explain why you are opposed to paid maternity leave for all working American women given the benefits that [as research indicates] would accrue to both themselves and their infants and young children from such a policy.

That you appear unable [or unwilling to do so] suggests a degree of pusillanimity and hence you deflect and offer personal abuse, which might be construed as you simply "running away" from addressing the point at issue.
                "It ain't necessarily so
                The things that you're liable
                To read in the Bible
                It ain't necessarily so
                ."

Sportin' Life
                Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

I am still waiting for someone to put forward a cogent and reasoned argument as to why they are opposed to working women being federally mandated to receive paid maternity leave.
                  This actually exposes the sheer HYPOCRISY of the Abortion Industry in America calling themselves "Planned Parenthood".

Actual planning would include - if I get pregnant, how am I going to care for the baby while working?
                  Can I AFFORD to take care of this baby without holding down a job?
                  Have I actually PLANNED this out to where my employer has such a PLAN that I can take paid time off from work?

It's not "Planned Parenthood" at all --- it's "let's get pregnant, and make everybody else pay!"

Comment

Perhaps you could present a cogent and reasoned argument for why you are opposed to paid maternity leave for all working American women given the benefits that [as research indicates] would accrue to both themselves and their infants and young children from such a policy.
                    Why stop there? Why not federally mandate all businesses provide 30 days of personal leave and 30 days of sick leave every year? Why focus in on females with recently born infants? Heck, why not just federally mandate salaries while we are at it, eh comrade?
                    That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

You have yet to post any recognisable cogent and reasoned argument on this thread to explain why you are opposed to paid maternity leave for all working American women given the benefits that [as research indicates] would accrue to both themselves and their infants and young children from such a policy.

That you appear unable [or unwilling to do so] suggests a degree of pusillanimity and hence you deflect and offer personal abuse, which might be construed as you simply "running away" from addressing the point at issue.
                      Numerous people including CP have posted cogent and reasoned arguments. That you cannot "recognize" it, is reflective of your (lack of) abilities.

Comment

You have yet to post any recognisable cogent and reasoned argument on this thread ...
                        I have, but it takes intelligent life to recognize them.

And I thought you promised you were going away.

Now, let's see if you can actually maintain dialogue without all the ish sidetracking.

I have posted my arguments - go find them and respond cogently and reasonably.

Comment

Numerous people including CP have posted cogent and reasoned arguments. That you cannot "recognize" it, is reflective of your (lack of) abilities.
                          Bingo!

Comment

To show what a lying little you are, lemme show you just ONE example where I attempted to engage you in honest debate...

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            I'm simply trying to get back on track with actual facts.
                            • Fact: In the US, workers can apply to work for whatever company they wish.
                            • Fact: IF that company provides them a job, it is stated up front as to the expectations and compensations.
                            • Fact: IF that employee is not satisfied with the compensations, they are free to apply to work somewhere else.
                            • Fact: The VAST majority of business in the US are operated as "small businesses", with "labor" generally being the greatest expense.
                            • Fact: IF a small business is forced to pay for the 12 weeks of nonproductive employment of an individual, they often have the additional expense of hiring temporary workers to do the job that person is not doing.
                            • Fact: Unless the government provides the money for doing this (our taxes) it is a clear example of an unfunded mandate.
                            Which of those facts are in dispute?
                            Perhaps you missed that?

Comment

As I noted to rogue06 I left the boys to enjoy their online chitchat that occurred a few pages back and adopted the line used by Marjorie Main's character of Lucy in The Women [1939] "Oh leave 'em enjoy their-selves"
                              "It ain't necessarily so
                              The things that you're liable
                              To read in the Bible
                              It ain't necessarily so
                              ."

Sportin' Life
                              Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

As I noted to rogue06 I left the boys to enjoy their online chitchat that occurred a few pages back and adopted the line used by Marjorie Main's character of Lucy in The Women [1939] "Oh leave 'em enjoy their-selves"
                                Actually, all you're doing is demonstrating, yet again, what a dishonest little you are.

Comment