Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

CDC Says It Overestimated Omicron Spread By More Than 200%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

They keep changing their advice. They did a study last year that showed that asymptomatic carriers do not spread the disease, then later they were claiming that they do, and just recently they started saying they don't again, for example. That's what I have a problem with. Why listen to them if they keep changing their "expert" advice?
    One of CNN's doctors is now declaring that cloth masks have never been appropriate for any variant of covid and should not be used.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

One of CNN's doctors is now declaring that cloth masks have never been appropriate for any variant of covid and should not be used.
      im-wearing-this-mask-to-keep-the-virus-out-of-my-body-im-building-this-fence-to-keep-the-mosquitos-out-of-my-yard.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
        Try here and here.

Both are warning though that data reporting is incomplete over the holiday period and won't return to normal until early Jan.
        No, you're missing her point -- it used to be trumpeted from the rooftops - now you have to go hunt for the information.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

That's..... just downright embarrassing.

If I was off by such a large amount at something that important in my field of work, I wouldn't have a job very long. Apparently the Holy Science Pope and his Bishops of Branch Covidianism get far more lenient treatment.
          Same way they run the public school system -- total disaster, but we keep paying them and promoting the idiots.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

That would make a lot of sense, if the situation had been static for two years.
            It has been. CDC hasn't changed its morphology, crit periods, etc much at all from around Feb 2020. This is the stuff public health actually uses to assess public health risk and do the epidemiology. Also, this is FAR from our first rodeo - yet ninety percent of public health standards were tossed or ignored as if all the rules were somehow different - which it wasn't and that is becoming apparent even to those not in public health.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

I'm sure many more Americans dead would have been much preferred, by some.
              Sure, the left would have loved the excuse for even more draconian and ineffective 'public health' measures. They sure tried hard enough early on by throwing sick people into nursing homes with the extremely vulnerable.

And yes, nearly 100 years of public health experience HAD taught us much better than do that.
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                It has been. CDC hasn't changed its morphology, crit periods, etc much at all from around Feb 2020. This is the stuff public health actually uses to assess public health risk and do the epidemiology. Also, this is FAR from our first rodeo - yet ninety percent of public health standards were tossed or ignored as if all the rules were somehow different - which it wasn't and that is becoming apparent even to those not in public health.
                No, the situation hasn't been static. The virus has been changing, treatments have improved, we have a number of different vaccines, and the number of people who are immune and the level of immunity have been constantly changing.

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                  That I have seen there are two reported deaths attributed to omicron - and at least one of them is in question. Two total - one in Australia and the other supposedly in the US.

In a sufficiently weak individual the common cold can kill - evidently that's what it takes for omicron to do the same.
                  As of 12/18/21, Reuters and Forbes were each reporting 7 confirmed "omicron-related" deaths in the UK alone.

Still, in the absence of info about cormorbidities, preexisting conditions, the extent to which they died "from" omicron as opposed to omicron being more or less incidentally present when they died, this number is not all that meaningful.
                  Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment