Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Pope Warns: Don't Eat Poop!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    For a real trip into the Twilight Zone, the ultimate faker of news, Brian Williams, was on MSNBC's "The 11th Hour" two days ago bemoaning the influence of "fake news"

And now the Washington Post has been forced to recant a much criticized story they published back in November () because, well, they cannot "vouch for the validity" of their source's information. IOW, the story on fake news was fake.
    wow. that's rich. I think the "clue" it was fake was trying to blame the Russians for all of the fake news sites. Man them Russians are everywhere! They hack the DNC, run wikileaks, own all those fake news sites, hack the voting machines, have Trump in their pocket.

It's getting as bad as back in the 50's when McCarthyism was going strong and everyone was a communist. Except this time it's the liberals instead of the conservatives that have gone paranoid.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      For a real trip into the Twilight Zone, the ultimate faker of news, Brian Williams, was on MSNBC's "The 11th Hour" two days ago bemoaning the influence of "fake news"

And now the Washington Post has been forced to recant a much criticized story they published back in November () because, well, they cannot "vouch for the validity" of their source's information. IOW, the story on fake news was fake.
      Yup, that's all the establishment news sources have been perpetuating lately is fake news -- i.e. fake election polls, fake sexual harassment stories, fake stories about Trump's base falling apart, fake Russian hacking stories, fake public sentiments pre-election, fake public sentiments post-election, etc. -- much less for decades now, which is why it's so insanely Orwellian.

And the fact this pope would use such a nasty description as a comparison makes him exceptionally degenerate and insidious on top everything else he stands for.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
        Yup, that's all the establishment news sources have been perpetuating lately is fake news -- i.e. fake election polls, fake sexual harassment stories, fake stories about Trump's base falling apart, fake Russian hacking stories, fake public sentiments pre-election, fake public sentiments post-election, etc. -- much less for decades now, which is why it's so insanely Orwellian.

And the fact this pope would use such a nasty description as a comparison makes him exceptionally degenerate and insidious on top everything else he stands for.
        And for even more delicious irony, Barack Obama went to Rolling Stone magazine to complain about the prevalence of fake news stories. You know, the same magazine that was just found guilty of defaming a former University of Virginia associate dean in an article about sexual assault on campus that included an account of a fraternity gang rape that was shown to be a hoax.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          wow. that's rich. I think the "clue" it was fake was trying to blame the Russians for all of the fake news sites. Man them Russians are everywhere! They hack the DNC, run wikileaks, own all those fake news sites, hack the voting machines, have Trump in their pocket.

It's getting as bad as back in the 50's when McCarthyism was going strong and everyone was a communist. Except this time it's the liberals instead of the conservatives that have gone paranoid.
          Speaking of McCarthyism, this interview is really weird. And the look on Congressman Adam Schiff's face as he's speaking in a gaslighting way throughout the whole interview is both funny and eerie at the same time...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            You know I had respect for the last two Popes, but this guy - I just don't know.

... "I think the media have to be very clear, very transparent, and not fall into - no offence intended - the sickness of coprophilia, that is, always wanting to cover scandals, covering nasty things, even if they are true," he said.

"And since people have a tendency towards the sickness of coprophagia, a lot of damage can be done."
            I wonder how he feels about Mozart. Though Mozart (meaning THE great composer) was both heterosexual and quite fruitful (six children in ten years between marriage and death seems like he knew what marriage debt was about), he was also into coprophilia.

Does Bergoglio hate Mozart?

H/T to Ann Barnhardt for bringing up the fact that the words have other meanings than the current ... er .... simile? ... of Bergoglio tends to give them:

http://www.barnhardt.biz/2016/12/09/...l-fetish-post/
            http://notontimsblogroundhere.blogspot.fr/p/apologetics-section.html

Thanks, Sparko, for telling how I add the link here!

Comment