Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Interesting Tidbit on Covid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Tidbit on Covid

For those who never heard of him, Cohen is a reality-TV host who lives in NYC. This guy is either a fluke with rotten luck, or a scary harbinger.

https://people.com/tv/andy-cohen-say...through-covid/

Andy Cohen Says He's 'All Better Now' After Contracting COVID-19 for the Second Time

Andy Cohen, who is vaccinated, previously tested positive for the coronavirus at the start of the pandemic last year

Andy Cohen has contracted and recovered from COVID-19 for the second time.

On Monday, the Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen host, 53, confirmed that he had the virus when replying to a fan on Twitter who was asking about why reruns of the nightly talk show had been airing over the past week.

"Andy, did you get the covid and was that why all the WWHLs were reruns?" the fan asked, to which Cohen responded, "Yes! All better now."

TMZ was first to report the news of Cohen's COVID diagnosis, citing sources that said the Bravo producer tested positive two weeks ago, quarantined at home and has since tested negative.

A rep for Cohen did not immediately respond to PEOPLE's request for comment.

On Monday, Cohen said he "got pretty sick" and recalled his experience of quarantining. "I am so happy I could cry right now," he began. "I had COVID. That's why we were gone all last week. And the best news is I woke up this morning to a negative PCR test. This is day 10. I get to be reunited with Ben. I'm negative, I feel so much better. ... I thought that I was sick from the booster, that I was having a reaction to the booster. And then two days later, I was like, 'Wait a minute, this is quite a big reaction.' "

Cohen, who is vaccinated, first battled COVID-19 in March 2020, when the pandemic initially hit the U.S...

So Cohen is not only naturally immunized, he is fully vaccinated with a booster, and still got re-infected and "pretty sick." Holy cow.

Pandemic of the vaccinated.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

It's becoming more and more apparent that the jabs don't do anything -- best case scenario. In fact, they might even be making folks more reckless whereas they'd be more cautious without the jab.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
        For those who never heard of him, Cohen is a reality-TV host who lives in NYC. This guy is either a fluke with rotten luck, or a scary harbinger.

Andy Cohen Says He's 'All Better Now' After Contracting COVID-19 for the Second Time

Andy Cohen, who is vaccinated, previously tested positive for the coronavirus at the start of the pandemic last year

On Monday, the Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen host, 53, confirmed that he had the virus when replying to a fan on Twitter who was asking about why reruns of the nightly talk show had been airing over the past week.

"Andy, did you get the covid and was that why all the WWHLs were reruns?" the fan asked, to which Cohen responded, "Yes! All better now."

TMZ was first to report the news of Cohen's COVID diagnosis, citing sources that said the Bravo producer tested positive two weeks ago, quarantined at home and has since tested negative.

On Monday, Cohen said he "got pretty sick" and recalled his experience of quarantining. "I am so happy I could cry right now," he began. "I had COVID. That's why we were gone all last week. And the best news is I woke up this morning to a negative PCR test. This is day 10. I get to be reunited with Ben. I'm negative, I feel so much better. ... I thought that I was sick from the booster, that I was having a reaction to the booster. And then two days later, I was like, 'Wait a minute, this is quite a big reaction.' "

Cohen, who is vaccinated, first battled COVID-19 in March 2020, when the pandemic initially hit the U.S...

So Cohen is not only naturally immunized, he is fully vaccinated with a booster, and still got re-infected and "pretty sick." Holy cow.
        Sounds like the booster hadn't had time to take effect.

But it is a bit strange that it affected him so much, given that he was pretty sick the first time, too.

My money is on "fluke with rotten luck".

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

Sounds like the booster hadn't had time to take effect.

But it is a bit strange that it affected him so much, given that he was pretty sick the first time, too.

My money is on "fluke with rotten luck".
          It happens. Some people get hit with things like the measles or chicken pox etc multiple times. Personal immune systems vary.
          1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
          ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
          Scripture before Tradition:
          but that won't prevent others from
          taking it upon themselves to deprive you
          of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

This is an excellent case study and yes eek holy cow indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

It happens. Some people get hit with things like the measles or chicken pox etc multiple times. Personal immune systems vary.
              That right there.... Also an effective argument against vaccine mandates.
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

I know a bloke who walked away from a traffic accident with only a couple of slight bruises: if he had been wearing a seat belt, he would have been killed. The claim that his experience is an effective argument against mandatory wearing of seat belts would be equally valid.
                1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                Scripture before Tradition:
                but that won't prevent others from
                taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

I know a bloke who walked away from a traffic accident with only a couple of slight bruises: if he had been wearing a seat belt, he would have been killed. The claim that his experience is an effective argument against mandatory wearing of seat belts would be equally valid.
                  Mandatory seatbelt laws are a relic.
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

My greatest (selfish) concern here is the strength of natural immunization, especially as my bout with covid was from the same timeframe as Cohen. I was counting on that. My natural immunization may be expired.

If his second round was with Omicron, then perhaps these "jabs" aren't doing their job either since this is supposed to lessen the effects, and Cohen said he got "pretty sick." This isn't even considering the booster.

We're all doomed.

Comment

I was in a roll over wreck in 2019. The vehicle was struck broadside where I was sitting. Knocked the door in 10" to 12". The doctor reading the report said he expected broken or dislocated shoulder, a broken arm and a fractured hip. The only injury I had was a tiny scrape on a knuckle and a small bruise on the hip that wasn't next to the door that got pushed in -- and from the seatbelt digging in while I hung upside down.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

We're all doomed.
                        Well yeah, so far only two people have bypassed death when getting beyond this life.
                        Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          I was in a roll over wreck in 2019. The vehicle was struck broadside where I was sitting. Knocked the door in 10" to 12". The doctor reading the report said he expected broken or dislocated shoulder, a broken arm and a fractured hip. The only injury I had was a tiny scrape on a knuckle and a small bruise on the hip that wasn't next to the door that got pushed in -- and from the seatbelt digging in while I hung upside down.
                          Glad you were so relatively unscathed. I was in a roll over crash on holiday in 1978. I was one of three in the back of a rear seatbeltless two door ford capri, which skidded on wet leaves, climbed a low bank and rolled onto its roof. The door frames were deformed and the doors were jammed. Luckily, the car following us stopped, four guys got out, wrenched open the doors and dragged my four friends and me out. Had fuel leaked out, the consequences are obvious. There was a mixed bag of bruises, cuts and one sprained wrist for us back seaters. Other than shock, the seat belted two in the front emerged without a scratch between them.
                          When inventing a god, it is imperative to claim that it's; invisible, inaudible and imperceptible in every way. Otherwise - when it appears to no one, is silent and does nothing - intelligent people are liable to become sceptical.
                          - Anonymous

When asked why Omniscient and Omnipotent God, chose to burn alive the children of two Middle Eastern cities, came the reply;
                          “His hands were tied.” - DaveTheApologist

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

The CDC claims that two doses of the measles vaccine are about 97% effective. Mandatory vaccination totally eradicated small pox from the world. Hiding behind the herd immunity of the vaccinated majority has always struck me as selfish and wrong.
                            When inventing a god, it is imperative to claim that it's; invisible, inaudible and imperceptible in every way. Otherwise - when it appears to no one, is silent and does nothing - intelligent people are liable to become sceptical.
                            - Anonymous

When asked why Omniscient and Omnipotent God, chose to burn alive the children of two Middle Eastern cities, came the reply;
                            “His hands were tied.” - DaveTheApologist

Comment

Originally posted by Markus River View Post

Glad you were so relatively unscathed. I was in a roll over crash on holiday in 1978. I was one of three in the back of a rear seatbeltless two door ford capri, which skidded on wet leaves, climbed a low bank and rolled onto its roof. The door frames were deformed and the doors were jammed. Luckily, the car following us stopped, four guys got out, wrenched open the doors and dragged my four friends and me out. Had fuel leaked out, the consequences are obvious. There was a mixed bag of bruises, cuts and one sprained wrist for us back seaters. Other than shock, the seat belted two in the front emerged without a scratch between them.
                              All in all just abrasions, contusions and a sprain isn't too bad.

And leaking fuel still needs something to ignite it.

I was taken to the trauma center (sort of the emergency room in an emergency room) for a few hours and released. The bill was over $40,000.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment