Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Shock troops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seer View Post

He should have done that the first time around...
    I've never been convinced he thought he'd actually win. I'm 99.99 percent certain he entered the race as a publicity stunt and had no clue that he'd win the nomination let alone the general election. Once he did win, it was a game of catch-up and panicked attempts to adjust to the new reality.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

Gaetz is more than just "some idiot", he is thought of as Trump's preferred Speaker. This can't be dismissed all that easily.
      Thought of by who? You? Not me, I've never even heard of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

I've never been convinced he thought he'd actually win. I'm 99.99 percent certain he entered the race as a publicity stunt and had no clue that he'd win the nomination let alone the general election. Once he did win, it was a game of catch-up and panicked attempts to adjust to the new reality.
        As we have seen, Trump loves to campaign and hold rallies. I think he'll run again if he can get the financing - even if he doesn't have much of a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

As we have seen, Trump loves to campaign and hold rallies. I think he'll run again if he can get the financing - even if he doesn't have much of a chance.
          He is working very hard at getting Staci Abrams elected governor in Georgia.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

Gaetz is more than just "some idiot", he is thought of as Trump's preferred Speaker. This can't be dismissed all that easily.
            It likely reflects the same bombastic rhetoric as Pelosi calling Republicans "enemies of the state," or the DoJ and FBI apparently wielding their power for political reasons. It reflects the general antagonistic political environment we're currently in. Instead of focusing on individual rhetoric, it might be best to be concerned about why such hostile rhetoric is occurring on both sides in the first place.

Comment

At first blush, it seems like reckless rhetoric for a guy under subpoena in regard to Jan. 6. But it would not shock me if Bannon was speaking that way as a middle finger to the Jan 6 Committee.
              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                At first blush, it seems like reckless rhetoric for a guy under subpoena in regard to Jan. 6. But it would not shock me if Bannon was speaking that way as a middle finger to the Jan 6 Committee.
                It is pretty obvious that the remarks were meant for public consumption, or else they wouldn't have purposely said them into a live radio mic.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  It is pretty obvious that the remarks were meant for public consumption, or else they wouldn't have purposely said them into a live radio mic.
                  A page from Trump's playbook: It can't be illegal if you do it in front of everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post

A page from Trump's playbook: It can't be illegal if you do it in front of everyone.
                    I know this might be a bit hard for you to grasp but people don't plan an insurrection by broadcasting their plans as they make them over the air.

Comment

Posting many years ago on another board, several infidels got their panties in a wad over violence-inciting passages like Rom. 13:12; 2 Cor. 6:7; 10:4; Eph. 6:11-13. They were appalled that the Bible contained such language and thought pastors should be super-emphatic that it's not to be taken literally.

I'm certainly not equating Bannon's or Bad Orange Man's words with Scripture, or either of them with good examples of Christian leadership. But the situation immediately called up that memory.
                      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment