Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Carrier air to stay in Indiana, at tax payors expense!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    yeah, I forgot.

Heck we should move all jobs to Mexico! That would also solve the illegal immigration problem, since mexicans would not want to come here since all the jobs are down there! But then I guess Mexico would have the immigration problem as American started sneaking into Mexico to get the jobs there.
    Mexico is not very welcoming to illegal aliens.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Source: Investor's Business Daily

http://www.investors.com/politics/ed...-vote-in-2016/

© Copyright Original Source

I see that IBD didn't get the memo that this study has been "discredited" by absolutely neutral parties who have no motivation to dispute its results.
      Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Jaecp View Post

2. Protest /= Rioting. I fully support police removing violent protesters which, as you know, are a small minority of the people at these things and the peaceful ones don't want the violent ones to be there either.
        Generally, when the left engages in a protest it soon becomes indistinguishable from a riot as cars gets vandalized, windows smashed and fires set followed by all of the bottles, bricks... getting thrown at police.

We still get told how extremist and potentially psychopathically violent those who participated in Tea Party demonstrations were but when you compare their rallies to even the most placid left-wing demonstration the former positively looks like a church picnic.

3. You never actually watched the speech, did you? She described 2 groups, the deplorables (aka: the White Nationalist part of Trump's supporter base) and the people who aren't deplorable (everyone else). As for who carries on with the derogatory labeling? Oh my, I'm so sorry that she called a bunch of white nationalists deplorable and then the white nationalists on reddit pretended that she was calling all of Trumps supporters that
        I saw it and I heard where she estimated that half of Trump's supporters -- over 31.3 million Americans (not counting millions more who didn't vote) -- are irredeemably deplorable. And the leaked emails revealed a disdain for even those who normally can be counted on to vote Democrat. Openly mocking Catholics and what they called "needy Latinos" for instance.
        Last edited by rogue06; 12-02-2016, 12:37 PM.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          I see that IBD didn't get the memo that this study has been "discredited" by absolutely neutral parties who have no motivation to dispute its results.
          By fabricating a strawman misrepresentation of the methodology employed and attacking it rather than the study.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Why is this not surprising? Are you going to be one of the paid thugs, or did you get fooled into doing this for free? And "national" veterans? You mean THIS group?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19900[/ATTACH]
            It shouldn't be surprising. I take my convictions seriously

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
              Don't you gotta wonder just why so many people so thoroughly wanted to stick a finger in the establishment's face that they voted for someone like Trump, warts and all? And yet large chunks of the left persist in doubling down on the name-calling, distortions, bullying tactics.. ..just what helped Trump get elected in the first place.
              Trump won because Americans can't tell the difference between reality TV and actual reality - that's why they elected one of reality TV's stars. People loved his show and it's staged antics, so it shouldn't be a surprise they'd support him. It's funny that the right-wing whines about celebrities and yet, they keep giving the public these movie stars and reality TV hosts as candidates. It's honestly embarrassing to be an American and watch these side show acts win.

I'm waiting for the GOP to nominate one of the Kardashians.
              Last edited by Sea of red; 12-02-2016, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
                Trump won because Americans can't tell the difference between reality TV and actual reality - that's why they elected one of reality TV's stars. People loved his show and it's staged antics, so it shouldn't be a surprise they'd support him. It's funny that the right-wing whines about celebrities and yet, they keep giving the public these movie stars and reality TV hosts as candidates. It's honestly embarrassing to be an American and watch these side show acts win.

I'm waiting for the GOP to nominate one of the Kardashians.
                I hope you and the liberal establishment keep on believing that fantasy - that will help keep your side nicely out of touch, and less likely to be in power.
                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

It shouldn't be surprising.
                  It's not surprising - perhaps you missed CP's sarcasm.
                  I take my convictions seriously
                  That's evident. I have wondered what you do with your time between campaigns, as that seems to be your main line of work.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    I hope you and the liberal establishment keep on believing that fantasy - that will help keep your side nicely out of touch, and less likely to be in power.
                    I hope you and the conservative circus will continue to vote for these side show acts that provide all the evidence I need to demonstrate my point.

Comment

I don't get what's to be angry about here? The company is staying. There's less taxes on them without it costing the state more. It's a good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                        I don't get what's to be angry about here? The company is staying. There's less taxes on them without it costing the state more. It's a good deal.
                        Consider who the OP is.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          So much for Trumps threats to be tough on manufacturers that leave the country for cheaper labor, instead he had VP Pence hang on to his governorship in Indiana long enough to stick the tax payors of the state with a $700,000 a year bribe to Carrier if they would please not move to Mexico.
                          You know I don't mind him breaking, or rather softening his promises when it means he's doing good stuff. Wake me up when he's done something bad.

Comment

so 800 union jobs paying probably at least 50K per year. at 25% tax rate that is $10 million per year in tax revenue. for a tax break of 700K per year for the corporation. that is a 930K gain in taxes for the government. sounds like a pretty sweet deal for everyone. the company wins. the employees win, and the government wins.

Go Trump!

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
                              I hope you and the conservative circus will continue to vote for these side show acts that provide all the evidence I need to demonstrate my point.
                              Keep this attitude up and you'll soon be saying 'president Trump' for 8 years instead of 4.
                              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                                Keep this attitude up and you'll soon be saying 'president Trump' for 8 years instead of 4.
                                I lived through the Bush regime, I can live through this.

Facts are still facts, people in general are ignorant.

Comment