Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Carrier air to stay in Indiana, at tax payors expense!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not even President yet and he is already making America great again.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post
      Not even President yet and he is already making America great again.
      And annoying the #$!@! out of the liberals!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
        Probably lib Jim thinks unemployment benefit for those 1k workers is not at taxpayer's expense too
        More likely he fell for the B.S. that unemployment benefits, in the words of Nancy Pelosi, "creates jobs faster than almost any other initiative you can name."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          So much for Trumps threats to be tough on manufacturers that leave the country for cheaper labor, instead he had VP Pence hang on to his governorship in Indiana long enough to stick the tax payors of the state with a $700,000 a year bribe to Carrier if they would please not move to Mexico.
          Jimmy, I must admit - you're getting more efficient! You've managed to pack far more stupid into one run-on sentence than I've seen you do in quite some time.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Hey guys, Trump was going to get tough on company's that want to move out of the country for cheaper labor, remember. He did't say that he was going to have the taxpayers footing the bill ( ten million over ten years) for the cost of labor in order to mollify the employer. Thats not a lowering of corporate taxes, its a raising of your taxes. At least when Obama saved the auto industry, saving thousands of jobs, the auto industry paid back the loan with interest. And if I remember correctly, you republicans hated that deal remember? Besides that, of all of the jobs that Carrier was going to send to Mexico, only half of them are being saved, the other half are still going to Mexico.

Comment

Obama saved the auto industry...

That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Hey, you Russian commie spy - the election is over, what are you still doing here?
                I know, I know...but it's not over until it's over!! (until electors cast votes and Trump wins)
                Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                  I know, I know...but it's not over until it's over!! (until electors cast votes and Trump wins)
                  The libs are still trying to steal it from him.

Comment

Even Cenk from TYT commended Trump for the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                      Well Cenk, in my opinion, is wrong. What about Trumps promise to get tough with these corporations? Carrier is a very profitable company, they made 7 billion in profit last year and Trump just gave them 10 million payed for by the tax payers in order that they keep just half of the 2000 some odd jobs in Indiana. The other half are still going to Mexico. Is that what Trump calls being tough, is that how he is going to save jobs, or bring back jobs. What Trump just did is to incentivise multi billion dollar companies to threaten to move their business off shore to see what they can get out of Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                        When? Before or after we knew the full story? The details only came to light within the last couple days, but we've been hearing about this supposed "Saving" of like 800 jobs for how long?

Let's be perfectly clear here, while campaigning Trump made fun of bribing companies to stay in the US. He said it didn't work. He said he was going to put taxes, although I think he meant Tariffs, on companies bringing in products that they had previously made in the US. He made fun of those cheap loans, the tax abatements, and all those forms of bribery.

Meanwhile, he does that exact thing that he said didn't work and doesn't do what he said did work. Yall got duped.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          Are you being deliberately misleading, or are you obtuse? They're getting a tax break, not a handout. They're still ultimately going to pay more in taxes than they would have if they moved their entire operation to Mexico, not to mention the taxes paid by the roughly 1000 workers who get to keep their jobs
                          There are some details lacking in the deal I would like to see. I believe the actual proposed job loose was higher, 1,800(?), and the actual supposed job saved is about 800 (?). Where did the lost jobs go?

I do not believe this deal was unusual, and planned to be a bogus PR move. Pence was already negotiating a tax break, and not Trump's phone call.
                          Last edited by shunyadragon; 12-02-2016, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
                            When? Before or after we knew the full story? The details only came to light within the last couple days, but we've been hearing about this supposed "Saving" of like 800 jobs for how long?

Let's be perfectly clear here, while campaigning Trump made fun of bribing companies to stay in the US. He said it didn't work. He said he was going to put taxes, although I think he meant Tariffs, on companies bringing in products that they had previously made in the US. He made fun of those cheap loans, the tax abatements, and all those forms of bribery.

Meanwhile, he does that exact thing that he said didn't work and doesn't do what he said did work. Yall got duped.
                            Duped or not, it's still fun seeing your angst. Well worth it.

On top of that, we got to see the left-wing media hacks makes fools of themselves, and expose just how unprofessional and dishonest they are.

As a bonus, the progressive narrative has been shot full of holes.

And - icing on the cake - Hillary lost.
                            ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                              There are some details lacking in the deal I would like to see.
                              Ah, talking about that rotten Iran "deal", eh? Me too! And all that ransom money paid in CASH.....

(And that was 1.3 BILLION CASH MONEY, Jimmy, not tax breaks!)

Comment

Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
                                Meanwhile, he does that exact thing that he said didn't work and doesn't do what he said did work.
                                More like he used more effective combination of carrot and stick!!

In this side of anti-Trump lala-land, angst about Trump using 'bribery at taxpayer's expense', and deal only working because he bribed. In other side, Trump is getting blasted for armtwisting Carrier:

You guys need to coordinate on narrative: is Trump being too nice or too mean???
                                Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment