Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Universal Basic Income and Labor Shortage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I remember reading about one supposedly successful version of the experiment which deliberately selected people who were already actively looking for work, and then the study authors crowed about how they had proven that UBI didn't stop people from seeking employment. But, as you say, the locality chose to end the program as soon as the experiment was over.
    Now, if liberals ever came up with a plan where they THEMSELVES kick in all the money.... There are obviously enough rich liberals to do that, but they always want OPM*.

*I've always been amused that "OPM" (other peoples' money) sounds amazingly similar to Opium. The liberals are ADDICTED to OPM.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Now, if liberals ever came up with a plan where they THEMSELVES kick in all the money.... There are obviously enough rich liberals to do that, but they always want OPM*.

*I've always been amused that "OPM" (other peoples' money) sounds amazingly similar to Opium. The liberals are ADDICTED to OPM.
      Most of the richest Billionaires are democrats, like Bezos. Surely they can afford to fund a UBI? Maybe even just in their own liberal state of California? Not sure if Musk is a democrat but he sure put the kibosh on the UN asking him for money to help the poor.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Most of the richest Billionaires are democrats, like Bezos. Surely they can afford to fund a UBI? Maybe even just in their own liberal state of California? Not sure if Musk is a democrat but he sure put the kibosh on the UN asking him for money to help the poor.
        I think they all realize that all they'll accomplish is making a target of whatever municipality or state or region in which they would try to institute UBI - people would flock from all over the rest of the nation to suck up the free money.

I vote California!!! Make it the official "all you freeloaders move here and suck up free money" state!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I think they all realize that all they'll accomplish is making a target of whatever municipality or state or region in which they would try to institute UBI - people would flock from all over the rest of the nation to suck up the free money.

I vote California!!! Make it the official "all you freeloaders move here and suck up free money" state!
          Judging by all of the homeless camps there and poopie sidewalks, I think they are already there.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Judging by all of the homeless camps there and poopie sidewalks, I think they are already there.
            But for FREE!

Comment