Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump calls for Republican boycott of upcoming elections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

A clear example, Jim - the claim that a Capital Police Officer was bludgeoned to death with a fire extinguisher. No proof whatsoever of that, it was debunked within a day, yet the media kept repeating it, and so did the Democrats as they were preparing impeachment documents. An outright lie.

That's one solid example, but there are others.
    It's not a solid example CP. The man died, he died most likely as a result of what happened, but not from being hit with a fire extinguisher. That was a misleading early report that was later shown to be false.

So, how do you explain the vast number of Democrats who regret voting for Biden. Sure, they hated Trump, but as they are getting to know things many of us already knew about Biden, they're regretting their votes. Had the media done it's job and been as honest about Biden as they were brutal about Trump, things may have been much different.
    Well first I don't know ANY democrats that regret voting against Trump. Dissatisfaction with Biden after the fact does not equate to wishing they had not voted for Biden, or wishing they HAD voted for Trump. That said, I'd be curious what information it is you are interpreting as implying "vast numbers of Democrats that regret voting for Biden".

And the Russian Collusion thing --- that continues to crumble as we speak. That was promoted by the media and suppressed by Big Tech. Can you honestly dispute that?
    No it doesn't CP. Only strawman versions of it 'crumble as we speak'. Trump was willing to accept help from them and even asked for it openly. And I for one do not find an unwillingness to prosecute him for it any sort of vindication. Further, what Trump did in trying to force another country to be involved in finding dirt on Biden was itself criminal. And he should have been removed from office for it. What he did in terms of trying to overthrow the election and violently stop it on Jan 6 was treasonous, and at the very least he should be banished from ever being involved in politics again for it. This is what the reality is.

Leave a comment:

• firstfloor
    replied
    Originally posted by seanD View Post
    My takeaway is that either Trump is an idiot or he's working for the Democrats.
    It means that your esteemed leader has a head full of mashed potato, not that it matters to his followers. Stop the steal.

All this is doing massive damage to the ailing USA.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    It's not media hype CP.
    A clear example, Jim - the claim that a Capital Police Officer was bludgeoned to death with a fire extinguisher. No proof whatsoever of that, it was debunked within a day, yet the media kept repeating it, and so did the Democrats as they were preparing impeachment documents. An outright lie.

That's one solid example, but there are others.

And I've never seen you ask that question of me before (which means I just missed it, not that you didn't ask it).

So my answer is: No, I don't believe the media and bit tech helped drag Biden to victory. I think Biden won because Trump is so bad that there was a large number of registered republicans that could see that even progressive liberals were less of a danger to our nation that what Donald Trump is cooking. And with Jan 6, our concerns were shown to be valid on a scale close to worst case (If the military had not pushed back and said no to Trump's desire to use them, we would not have a republic any longer). We came way to close with Trump I. If we ever see Trump II, it's over.
    So, how do you explain the vast number of Democrats who regret voting for Biden. Sure, they hated Trump, but as they are getting to know things many of us already knew about Biden, they're regretting their votes. Had the media done it's job and been as honest about Biden as they were brutal about Trump, things may have been much different.

And the Russian Collusion thing --- that continues to crumble as we speak. That was promoted by the media and suppressed by Big Tech. Can you honestly dispute that?

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Jim, so much of the media hype about January 6, Russian collusion, and other big events are coming to light as not quite what they were portrayed to be.

I asked you before (and please forgive me if I missed your answer) if you recognize that the media and bit tech actually helped drag Biden over the line to victory.
    It's not media hype CP. We saw what happened. What boggles my mind is that so many are so willing to be consoled by the soothing voices of their preferred oracles into believing it "was't that bad".

As for the Biden question, I've never seen you ask that question of me before (which means I just missed it, not that you didn't ask it).

So my answer is: No, I don't believe the media and bit tech helped drag Biden to victory. His margin of victory was way too large for that. The turnout was way too large for that. What I thing is that Biden won because Trump is so bad that there was a large number of registered republicans that could see that and were stronly motivated by the fact that even progressive liberals were less of a danger to our nation that what Donald Trump is cooking. And with Jan 6, our concerns were shown to be valid on a scale close to worst case (If the military had not pushed back and said no to Trump's desire to use them, I believe it very likely we not have a republic any longer). We came way to close with Trump I. With the unwillingness of Republican leadership to jettison that baggage, and them even continuing to feed it, we are still in very grave danger. WE need to ditch him and move back to a two party system where neither party is a cult of a single person. We do not need or want a king.
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 10-14-2021, 11:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

If you can say things like that in light of Jan 6, his attempts to get the military involved, his continued attempts to stoke doubt about the election - then we just don't have any common ground for discussion.
    Jim, so much of the media hype about January 6, Russian collusion, and other big events are coming to light as not quite what they were portrayed to be.

I asked you before (and please forgive me if I missed your answer) if you recognize that the media and bit tech actually helped drag Biden over the line to victory.

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied
    Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

What? When did President Trump ever attempt "to use force to get the election result he wants"?

As for Joe, he's not even a viable choice for running a hotdog stand and is apparently doing everything in his power to burn this country to ground, although I'm not certain if it's through intent, or if he is so far gone mentally that he simply has no idea what's really going on.
    If you can say things like that in light of Jan 6, his attempts to get the military involved, his continued attempts to stoke doubt about the election - then we just don't have any common ground for discussion.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied

The choices are not good. But given the alternative is a person comfortable with trying to use force to get the election result he wants, Biden is the only viable choice at this point.
    What? When did President Trump ever attempt "to use force to get the election result he wants"?

As for Joe, he's not even a viable choice for running a hotdog stand and is apparently doing everything in his power to burn this country to ground, although I'm not certain if it's through intent, or if he is so far gone mentally that he simply has no idea what's really going on.

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied

That you would liken President Trump to a malevolent space entity that feeds on anger and hostility is hilariously delusional. As Ted Cruz famously said during one of the Republican presidential debates, "No, Donald Trump is not a cartoon villain." I honestly can not wrap my head around the fact that you can look at the utter mess Joe has made, and think that the four years of peace, prosperity, and competent leadership under President Trump was somehow worse.
    The choices are not good. But given the alternative is a person comfortable with trying to use force to get the election result he wants, Biden is the only viable choice at this point.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied

The ability to quickly think of and utter a bald faced lie is hardly an admirable trait.
    Makes one think it's a normal kind of response! "Lie on command".

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied

Now that was a derogatory slam for no apparent purpose - But the principle - recognizing the danger to both sides and taking the action necessary to rid OURselves of that danger applies. This is how allegorical stories are told to make meaningful points. Star Trek has always done that, and in this case - the point very much needs to be made.
    That you would liken President Trump to a malevolent space entity that feeds on anger and hostility is hilariously delusional. As Ted Cruz famously said during one of the Republican presidential debates, "No, Donald Trump is not a cartoon villain." I honestly can not wrap my head around the fact that you can look at the utter mess Joe has made, and think that the four years of peace, prosperity, and competent leadership under President Trump was somehow worse.

Leave a comment:

• oxmixmudd
    replied

At least that's how liberals like you are choosing to read it.

Meanwhile, our country is falling apart under Joe's incompetent and disinterested leadership, but all you care about is that President Trump is not in the White House. It's a rather sad state of affairs, but then I'm talking to a guy who apparently gets his political insights from a Star Trek episode where the antagonist was defeated by literally laughing at it until it gave up and left, so this may be a hopeless cause.
    Now that was a derogatory slam for no apparent purpose - But the principle - recognizing the danger to both sides and taking the action necessary to rid OURselves of that danger applies. This is how allegorical stories are told to make meaningful points. Star Trek has always done that, and in this case - the point very much needs to be made.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Partisan impeachments that failed because they had no legs.
    Well, no, the impeachments succeeded in the sense that an impeachment is nothing more than an indictment or formal accusation, but it doesn't mean what ox suggests because, as I like to point out, everybody who has ever been found not guilty in a court of law was formally accused at some point, and as the Babylon Bee headline hilariously put it, "Donald Trump: Most Exonerated President In US History".

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

I stand corrected on the source, while declining to join in on your misogyny.
    Whether by mistake or as an intentional attempt to deflect from the swearing on live television, Ms Stavast told Mr Brown that the crowd was cheering him on with chants of "Let's go, Brandon".

Contrary to your characterization, that was quick thinking.
    This isn't the first time fans have chanted something obscene at a sporting event. The crews that cover them are old hands at dealing with it. First of all, they don't acknowledge it but continue talking making it difficult to make out. But this ditz thought it would be a bright idea to pause a couple times to make sure that the fans at home could clearly hear the chant Then she sought to cover it up with her laughably lame explanation.

You might call that quick thinking but I call it stupidity to have ignored standard protocol and let the fans hear the chant clearly and be put in the situation of trying to explain it away. And not very well

These are not the same because "Let's go, Brandon," is, as you insist, and I agree, a direct substitution for Edited by a Moderator which is not the case with "fudge" or "fiddlesticks."

(That's an invitation to escalate the issue to ownership.)
    And you will certainly get it. As stupid a move as the NBC reporter in question

And yes "fudge" and "fiddlesticks" are substitutes for the f-bomb. Just like saying "darn it" or "shoot" are substitutes for bad language.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied

Whether by mistake or as an intentional attempt to deflect from the swearing on live television, Ms Stavast told Mr Brown that the crowd was cheering him on with chants of "Let's go, Brandon".

The ability to quickly think of and utter a bald faced lie is hardly an admirable trait.

Leave a comment:

• Ronson
    replied

Normally, such chants would be ignored.

These are not the same because "Let's go, Brandon," is, as you insist, and I agree, a direct substitution for which is not the case with "fudge" or "fiddlesticks."

(That's an invitation to escalate the issue to ownership.)

Good for you, but only if you don't think these things through. I don't care if you change the rules to allow f-bombs, to allow disguised f-bombs, or even to have a carve-out just for disguised f-bombs directed at Joe Biden. In fact, I kind of like the latter, as it makes y'all juicier targets.

But ya don't get away with insisting "Let's go, Brandon" is a disguised f-bomb and then claiming it's not.

Cause that would be lying.
    Isn't "f-bomb" a disguise for profanity? I used something similar here, an "s" followed by random characters and was dinged for it. So it appears it's all be open to interpretation by the mods.

Leave a comment: