Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why did the Republican Party chose Trump?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did the Republican Party chose Trump?!?!?

This is a question that has puzzled me since the primaries started. From the beginning this choice was problematic, because of the lack of a broad base of support for Trump outside his core, not even considering his self inflicted wounds. Trump's history was never a conservative Christian view, and most of his views were contrary to the general Republican agenda. I may provide some references, but it should make an interesting discussion.

Also, how does this choice change the Republican Party in the future?

Any thoughts to get started?
    Last edited by shunyadragon; 11-08-2016, 11:37 AM.

Really, I think it was because he was the most well-known candidate running. As well as the most loud-mouthed. He kept himself in the news. "Brand recognition" they call it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Really, I think it was because he was the most well-known candidate running. As well as the most loud-mouthed. He kept himself in the news. "Brand recognition" they call it.
      Sort of disagree in part, because this view is highly insulting of the Republican voters. Most of the candidates were well known.

Comment

Because of how he was attacked by both political sides. The angry populace saw how much he rattled the establishment of whom the populace has grown to despise.

Comment

The Republican establishment made Trump possible. They sold the middle class out on immigration and trade. The Republican House did next to nothing, using the purse strings, to counter the Obama agenda, and we were just tired of Political Correctness.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
            This is a question that has puzzled me since the primaries started. From the beginning this choice was problematic, because of the lack of a broad base of support for Trump outside his core, not even considering his self inflicted wounds. Trump's history was never a conservative Christian view, and most of his views were contrary to the general Republican agenda. I may provide some references, but it should make an interesting discussion.

Also, how does this choice change the Republican Party in the future?

Any thoughts to get started?
            Can I please, please, PRETTY PLEASE fix the thread title for you?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I think it's because he knew how to tap into the "tired of politics as usual" and "the same old crap". In the beginning, he was very much anti-PC, which had BROAD support.

Plus, he was running against the MSM.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Why did the Democrats choose Hillary?

Oh, yeah. ...They didn't. never mind.

Comment

Why did the Democrats choose Hillary?

Oh, yeah. ...They didn't. never mind.
                  Choice of Hillary was more an establishment choice within the Democratic Party. Trump is the puzzle. were the Republican voters really that pissed off with Republican establishment?

Comment

Choice of Hillary was more an establishment choice within the Democratic Party. Trump is the puzzle. were the Republican voters really that pissed off with Republican establishment?
                    The establishment in general.

Comment

Not just the Reps, but everyone. The right and left. The Reps for selling them out politically, and the left for the nauseating PC culture they shove down their throats. The more crass Trump was, the better his appeal. But, though Hillary will win, the anger won't go away. In fact, it's going to fester in society even more than before when Obama was in office. This will also affect the left when they discover that Hillary will care about them even less than Obama did.

Comment

The choice of Hillary was clearly done by cheating the people of their vote and the DNC rigging the nomination and sidelining Sanders. It was already admitted on national TV. The people didn't choose Hillary. The DNC did.

Comment

The choice of Hillary was clearly done by cheating the people of their vote and the DNC rigging the nomination and sidelining Sanders. It was already admitted on national TV. The people didn't choose Hillary. The DNC did.
                          They're just going back to their roots! That's the way the candidate used to be chosen.
                          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            They're just going back to their roots! That's the way the candidate used to be chosen.
                            Well that's pretty much the core doctrine of the DNC anyway. They know better than the people what is best for them, so sit back and let us take care of you. Oh and give us all your money, cuz you don't need it anyway.

Comment

Sort of disagree in part, because this view is highly insulting of the Republican voters. Most of the candidates were well known.
                              A few had been heard of before but I wouldn't say they were well known.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment