Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ku Klux Klan makes it official

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    And your point is what?
    That your party caters to criminals, hence they nominated a crook.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

And? You don't think that ex convicts should have the right to vote?
      No I don't.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Multiple times.

Has Hillary ever renounced the pledge of support from the Communist Party USA? Has the MSM (now essentially an unofficial wing of the Democrat Party) ever even asked her to?
        Why should she, they gave a pretty good list of reasons why they prefer her over Trump. Climate change, Diplomacy, foriegn policy, womens issues, equal pay, abortion, birth control rights, child care, parental leave, health care. Just because some people subscribe to communism doesn't make them deplorable.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          Voting is a privilege. Commit a felony, lose the privilege.

Universal sufferage is a terrible idea anyway. You get idiots voting for the white guy 'cause he's white, or the woman 'cause she's a woman, etc. Such people have no business determining who runs the country.
          Yeah, I guess we she leave that decision up to the perfectly pure amongst us like yourself.

Comment

Yeah, I guess we she leave that decision up to the perfectly pure amongst us like yourself.
            I'll assume you meant "should" not "she". I am nowhere close to being perfectly pure. I just wish that people would vote on the issues rather than what is irrelevant. What chromosomes you have or the amount of melanin in your skin should have nothing to do with anything.
            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
              Where did he do so?

The first time there seemed to be an endorsement of Trump by the KKK he gave a sort of non-answer to it, saying he didn't know enough about the group to make much of a statement regarding it.
              It wasn't a non-answer at all. When asked about Duke's endorsement, Trump said, "I don't know anything about what you're even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists. So I don't know. I don't know -- did he endorse me, or what's going on? Because I know nothing about David Duke; I know nothing about white supremacists." His intended meaning seems pretty clear: He was disavowing any personal knowledge of David Duke and white supremacist groups, and it's obvious, too, that he wasn't even aware that Duke had endorsed him until asked about it during the interview. Really, that should have been the end of it, and by all accounts, it was vastly superior to Obama's "He's just some guy in my neighborhood" non-answer when asked about his relationship with his close friend and mentor the terrorist William Ayers. But of course the media gleefully reported Trump's response as a "stumble" which prompted Trump (probably with an eye-roll) to make an even more explicit disavowal, but the original deceptive narrative seems to have stuck in some people's minds.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                Voting is a privilege. Commit a felony, lose the privilege.

Universal sufferage is a terrible idea anyway. You get idiots voting for the white guy 'cause he's white, or the woman 'cause she's a woman, etc. Such people have no business determining who runs the country.
                I still think our Founding Fathers had the right idea restricting voting privileges to property owners. People who have some skin in the game tend to be better informed.

Comment

Because it's the only existence you get.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
                    Because it's the only existence you get.
                    Now all you need to do is connect the dots from "You only live once" to "Therefore, you ought to live virtuously".

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Now all you need to do is connect the dots from "You only live once" to "Therefore, you ought to live virtuously".

Good luck.
                      What makes you think I want to connect those dots, even if I could?

Comment

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
                        What makes you think I want to connect those dots, even if I could?
                        Um... you presented "You only live once" as an answer to Jeffry Dahmer asking why people should attempt "to modify your behavior to keep it within acceptable ranges". But if you can't connect the dots, and you've basically conceded that you can't, then Dahmer's rhetorical question stands.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          Um... you presented "You only live once" as an answer to Jeffry Dahmer asking why people should attempt "to modify your behavior to keep it within acceptable ranges". But if you can't connect the dots, and you've basically conceded that you can't, then Dahmer's rhetorical question stands.
                          For me personally, what gives my life meaning is that everything I know is finite, and that I influence those things. It's up to me whether it's a good influence or a bad ones at the end of the day. I can't speak for other naturalists but when you think "this is it" your life feels like an emergency often. I realize I'm only going to see the people I love here, I only get one chance to be good for the world, there are long lasting consequences for negative behavior. This is the only Earth I get so I have to treat that good too. Other things like sick people, the weak being taken advantage of, and other forms of suffering and injustice impact me longer.

That's just me. Pick it apart if you wish.

There's no philosophy that's going to change people like Dahmer. People like that can't be talked to. God or no god, those people will always be destructive - they don't care.

Comment

The point is that they can and do speak for themselves and they don't need the likes of you, or Meh Gerbil, telling them that they are to dumb to know which party has their best interests at heart.
                            Telling folks that they're too dumb to know which party has their best interests at heart is a Democrat tradition. Ever here of the book What's the Matter with Kansas? It was a must-read among Democrats (often discussed at length by them of C-Span, NPR and brought up on panel discussion shows) for several years as they shook their heads and clucked about Middle America not knowing where their best interests lay.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Comment

Why do you think that the alt right, the KKK, the white nationalist movement is supporting Trump?
                                Because like the rest of us they hate the criminal Hillary? Because they see their jobs being sent overseas or taken by illegals?
                                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment