Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ku Klux Klan makes it official

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The KKK is the military arm of the democrats. When they lost out they decided to entire politics as the dixiecrats enacting sharecropping and jim crow. They pushed against the civil rights bill of 1964 and in their hayday attempted to silence and censor folks like Frederick Douglass and William Wilberforce.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
      The KKK is the military arm of the democrats. When they lost out they decided to entire politics as the dixiecrats enacting sharecropping and jim crow. They pushed against the civil rights bill of 1964 and in their hayday attempted to silence and censor folks like Frederick Douglass and William Wilberforce.
      . . . and evolved into the Republican Party of today.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
        Keyword - EVOLVED. The platform does not include slavery or racism.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
          The KKK today doesn't much care for Republicans or Democrats.

OTOH, the Communist Party USA has quit nominating their own candidates and has been throwing all of their support behind Democrats since 2008.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Comment

That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Multiple times.
                Where did he do so?

The first time there seemed to be an endorsement of Trump by the KKK he gave a sort of non-answer to it, saying he didn't know enough about the group to make much of a statement regarding it. Now perhaps he's been more forceful since then and I'm unaware but I'd be interested in seeing where and what he said.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                  Silly. Did I trigger you? Why would I feel shame that anyone supports an American politician? I'm not American, and I'm never going to vote in an American election.
                  Doesn't matter, you're still grouped in with those who support Trump whether you're an American citizen or not.
                  Your high-school girly point-and-shriek tactics are amusing, though. Meh Gerbil has you pinned - if any party has connections to the KKK, and policies that hurt the black community, it's the Democrats.
                  Amazing how the brains of conservatives work. The racist KKK endorses Trump, the republican, and have always supported republicans in general. Republicans try to inhibit the ability of blacks to participate in the electoral process, it was conservatives, the dixiecrats, aka republicans, who fought to uphold segragation, and Jim Crow laws, and to you're mind that means that blacks should support republicans. I guess you people just think that black people in general are just stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                    Good fit how Jim? Be specific. And I guess Black nationalists would be a good fit for Hillary.
                    Why do you think that the alt right, the KKK, the white nationalist movement is supporting Trump?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                      Of course he has, you idiot. See the CNN story I posted above where the Trump campaign denounced the endorsement of the paper.

As for David Duke, Trump explicitly denounced him months ago:

Source: CNN

(March 2016) Donald Trump issued a crystal clear disavowal Thursday of former Ku Klux Klan Grand Wizard David Duke after stumbling last weekend over a question about the hate group leader on CNN.

"David Duke is a bad person, who I disavowed on numerous occasions over the years," Trump said on MSNBC's "Morning Joe."

"I disavowed him. I disavowed the KKK," Trump added. "Do you want me to do it again for the 12th time? I disavowed him in the past, I disavow him now."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/03/politi...kkk/index.html

© Copyright Original Source

He had to be forced into his denunciation of the racists. His first answer was "I don't know anything about these people, never heard of David Duke." Do you really believe Trump is that stupid? He knows exactly who his base is, and he made sure that they knew that he was forced into denoucing them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Meh Gerbil, don't you dare presume to speak for black people! Let JimL do that instead.

The point is that they can and do speak for themselves and they don't need the likes of you, or Meh Gerbil, telling them that they are to dumb to know which party has their best interests at heart.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          Doesn't matter, you're still grouped in with those who support Trump whether you're an American citizen or not.

Amazing how the brains of conservatives work. The racist KKK endorses Trump, the republican, and have always supported republicans in general. Republicans try to inhibit the ability of blacks to participate in the electoral process, it was conservatives, the dixiecrats, aka republicans, who fought to uphold segragation, and Jim Crow laws, and to you're mind that means that blacks should support republicans. I guess you people just think that black people in general are just stupid.
                          Wow. Guilt by association much?

If the KKK had a lick of sense, they'd vote straight Democrat.
                          Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

And your point is what?

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              Which would be why your governor has busily been granting ex-cons the right to vote this year.
                              And? You don't think that ex convicts should have the right to vote?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                And? You don't think that ex convicts should have the right to vote?
                                Voting is a privilege. Commit a felony, lose the privilege.

Universal sufferage is a terrible idea anyway. You get idiots voting for the white guy 'cause he's white, or the woman 'cause she's a woman, etc. Such people have no business determining who runs the country.
                                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                                sigpic
                                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment