Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Obamacare Implosion Exposes Web of Lies and Deceit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    you know, we worry so much about sticking the wrong person in office for 4 years, when we actually put people like Pelosi in office for YEARS and DECADES. What the heck is wrong with us?
    Unfortunately, San Fran Nan is only answerable to the land of fruits and nuts.
    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
      Unfortunately, San Fran Nan is only answerable to the land of fruits and nuts.
      yeah but the rest of the country elects people nearly as bad, and keeps them there forever. I really think we need term limits for congress. the problem is it will take a constitutional amendment and the fox in in the henhouse. Congress has to pass it on themselves and that ain't gonna happen.

Comment

you know, we worry so much about sticking the wrong person in office for 4 years, when we actually put people like Pelosi in office for YEARS and DECADES. What the heck is wrong with us?
        When Trump builds the wall, I say he continues right up the California border, and we cede that state to Mexico.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

The presidency is a much more powerful position than any position in congress. While I think the Legislative Branch on the whole has more power than the Executive Branch, it's also dispersed among a lot of different people whereas the President personally wields almost all the power in the Executive Branch.

yeah but the rest of the country elects people nearly as bad, and keeps them there forever. I really think we need term limits for congress. the problem is it will take a constitutional amendment and the fox in in the henhouse. Congress has to pass it on themselves and that ain't gonna happen.
          Well, we did get the 27th Amendment passed. Though that did have the benefit of having technically already been proposed and it was just forgotten about for 200 years until someone noticed it was on the books as a suggested and tried to get it passed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            When Trump builds the wall, I say he continues right up the California border, and we cede that state to Mexico.
            At least the southern part.

Hmmmm... just looked at the map. Not sure where you would draw the line.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              At least the southern part.

Hmmmm... just looked at the map. Not sure where you would draw the line.
              I don't think anyone would miss anything south of Sacramento
              We know J6 wasn’t peaceful because they didn’t set the building on fire.

Comment

you would have to give it all to Mexico. They don't call it the Left Coast for nothing. But I don't think Mexico would want it.

I do think they should split California into about three states though. It is too huge and has way too many electoral votes as it is. Divide and conquer. Oh and carve LA and make it an island and just disown it altogether.

Comment