Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Latest "Second Class Citizens" - the Unvaccinated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

They aren't trying to lose business, so there would be no reason to make such a mandate. They could just leave the groceries in your garage or porch. Heck that is what they have been doing anyway since COVID started. There are also many 3rd party shopping/delivery services out there too, like Door Dash.
    You have to pay additional fees and tips. De Blasio won't be able to virtue-signal his leftist BLM advocacy when the poorer classes (the classes, btw, that are the least vaccinated) get hit with this the hardest.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

You have to pay additional fees and tips. De Blasio won't be able to virtue-signal his leftist BLM advocacy when the poorer classes (the classes, btw, that are the least vaccinated) get hit with this the hardest.
      Or you could get the vaccine, or just fake a vaccine card.

Kroger and Meijers both have free pickup if you spend more than $35. And I see free delivery coupons from time to time. I have been using delivery and pickup myself since last March and I actually find it much easier and convenient than wandering through a grocery store.

Comment

Kroger and Meijers both have free pickup if you spend more than $35. And I see free delivery coupons from time to time. I have been using delivery and pickup myself since last March and I actually find it much easier and convenient than wandering through a grocery store.
        Yes, this would obviously be a way for government to slyly get around the constitution and make it compulsory to folks that choose not to get it.

Comment

Yes, this would obviously be a way for government to slyly get around the constitution and make it compulsory to folks that choose not to get it.
          What in the constitution says the government can't mandate a vaccine if the health and safety of the citizenry is at stake? I already posted a link to a SCOTUS case from 1905 where they ruled that is it entirely constitutional to do so regarding the smallpox vaccine.

Comment

What in the constitution says the government can't mandate a vaccine if the health and safety of the citizenry is at stake? I already posted a link to a SCOTUS case from 1905 where they ruled that is it entirely constitutional to do so regarding the smallpox vaccine.
            SCOTUS isn't always right. That's why decisions get overturned. That one should be.
            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Government didn't have a digital system in 1905. All that was required as proof was a paper document. We don't want a digital system determining whether we can shop or not. Think social media and communication.

Comment

• Interesting point was made while I was in the waiting room at my doctor --- they had Fox News on.

The Democrats try to make EVERYTHING about race.

But this "pandemic of the unvaccinated" is particularly troubling for them, because anywhere from 66% to 75% of persons of color are resistant to the vaccination.

They are avoiding "race" on this like the plague!
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Interesting point was made while I was in the waiting room at my doctor --- they had Fox News on.

But this "pandemic of the unvaccinated" is particularly troubling for them, because anywhere from 66% to 75% of persons of color are resistant to the vaccination.

This would be the answer of the pro-compulsory vax crowd...

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Comment

Duh. Amendment X of the Bill of Rights restricts the US Government from any power not explicitly granted it.

Also, as I understand the state powers -- that they only have jurisdiction over state matters. The people in general should just be subject to courts that settle disputes involving harm by one party against another. However, this aspect of common law is very difficult -- so there are some benefits to having statutory laws to simplify the process.

At least in the decision which I think you refer to ... it was a choice of taking a shot or paying a fee.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      Interesting point was made while I was in the waiting room at my doctor --- they had Fox News on.

This article notes that it's the "young and secular," i.e. the "nones," that are least-vaxed.

If true, the two least-vaxed groups -- the young and secular, and the black and brown -- are two of the Left's major constituencies.

(The details in the article are more nuanced than the title would suggest.)
                      Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

This article notes that it's the "young and secular," i.e. the "nones," that are least-vaxed.

If true, the two least-vaxed groups -- the young and secular, and the black and brown -- are two of the Left's major constituencies.

Yeah, somebody at supper just pointed that out!
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

I don't think that will make much difference as far as elections are concerned. When push comes to shove, they'll just bend to the whims of their leftist overlords like they've been doing. The emphasis should be put on the sheer hypocrisy of De Blasio and his phony virtue-signalling when it's convenient for him to do it, but then willing to shun and segregate black and brown folks from society when it comes to serving the statist establishment agenda. But then maybe we're all so numb to blatant leftist hypocrisy it doesn't really matter anymore.

Comment

• It appears the FDA is planning to rush full approval of the Pfizer vaccine. Current timetable is for Labor Day, so just about one month from now. Typically it takes years of study and testing before a vaccine can be approved. According to the Department of Veteran Affairs, "It usually takes about 10 years for a drug to be developed and approved for prescription."

This just doesn't feel right to me.
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Government didn't have a digital system in 1905. All that was required as proof was a paper document. We don't want a digital system determining whether we can shop or not. Think social media and communication.
                              You didn't answer my question, where in the constitution does it say they can't mandate vaccinations? There is nothing in the constitution about digital databases either. And we wouldn't even be in any database that shopowners could access. HIPAA laws prevent that. Best they could do would be to ask you for a piece of paper to prove you had a vaccine, just like in 1905.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post

Duh. Amendment X of the Bill of Rights restricts the US Government from any power not explicitly granted it.

Also, as I understand the state powers -- that they only have jurisdiction over state matters. The people in general should just be subject to courts that settle disputes involving harm by one party against another. However, this aspect of common law is very difficult -- so there are some benefits to having statutory laws to simplify the process.

At least in the decision which I think you refer to ... it was a choice of taking a shot or paying a fee.
                                I don't want them to make the vaccine mandatory either. And I don't think they can do anything as long as it is experimental anyway. But part of the job of government is to make laws to protect the well-being of its citizens. That is why we have laws against stealing, murder, etc. So a law requiring a vaccine to protect the well-being of the citizens would be legal also.

Comment