Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Latest "Second Class Citizens" - the Unvaccinated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seer View Post
    So I just heard that only 31 percent of blacks in NYC are fully vaccinated. What will that look like when blacks are turned away from stores and businesses?
    oops...Boston Mayor Likens NYC’s Vaccination Mandate to Slavery

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...te-to-slavery/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post

It doesn't take a "conspiracy scenario" to be concerned about a digital system determining whether we can or can't function in society. It takes someone with just a smidgen of common sense (which you apparently have none) to see how potentially dangerous that is. You were the one adamant we would never even have digital verification in the first place, remember that?
      We won't have a digital database that just anyone can access your information on, is what I said. Your medical information is already in various databases, including your doctor's, your insurance company's, etc. And if you had the vaccine both the CDC and your insurance company already has it in their databases. What I said was that the data will not be out there for anyone such as shopkeepers or apps to access. Now if you download an app and TELL it your vaccine status, then sure, it will know. Or if you say give an app permission to get test results from your lab or doctor.

You are getting pretty upset. I don't want mandated vaccines or vaccine passports. I am merely talking about what is possible and what is not. I am not on "any side" of the argument to be on the wrong side of as you keep accusing me of being.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

We won't have a digital database that just anyone can access your information on, is what I said. Your medical information is already in various databases, including your doctor's, your insurance company's, etc. And if you had the vaccine both the CDC and your insurance company already has it in their databases. What I said was that the data will not be out there for anyone such as shopkeepers or apps to access. Now if you download an app and TELL it your vaccine status, then sure, it will know. Or if you say give an app permission to get test results from your lab or doctor.

You are getting pretty upset. I don't want mandated vaccines or vaccine passports. I am merely talking about what is possible and what is not. I am not on "any side" of the argument to be on the wrong side of as you keep accusing me of being.
        I suspect the process would be similar to how credit reports (generally) work.

You have to opt-in to have your Covid vaccine status shared with the digital database, and as part of that, you agree to make it available for "public" (i.e. business) consumption. Then businesses then simply say that if they don't get a hit, and that his shows a vaccine, they won't do business with you.

Theoretically, that authorization would cover the database provider.

But, again, not knowing the specifics of HIPAA, it's possible blanket authorizations like that may not be allowed.

Comment

• Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

I suspect the process would be similar to how credit reports (generally) work.

You have to opt-in to have your Covid vaccine status shared with the digital database, and as part of that, you agree to make it available for "public" (i.e. business) consumption. Then businesses then simply say that if they don't get a hit, and that his shows a vaccine, they won't do business with you.

Theoretically, that authorization would cover the database provider.

But, again, not knowing the specifics of HIPAA, it's possible blanket authorizations like that may not be allowed.
          the way I think it might work is you would download a vaccine passport app, and when you get vaccinated the CDC emails you a verification certificate. You add that to the app and then when you go into a store you have to show it at the door to get in. Or show your paper reciept you got from the CDC. That way it is entirely voluntary and nobody who doesn't need it will have access to it. Not even the app maker. And each is easily spoofed if you really want to. People are selling fake vaccine certificates already. https://www.wral.com/college-studnet...ties/19808133/

Comment

No, you said we would never have digital verification at all.

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            There won't be any digital verification, etc when a vaccine comes out. Once there is a vaccine, it will be treated like any other disease with a vaccine like the flu. They will urge you to get the yearly shot. If you are at risk, your doctor will insist you get it. But it will be up to you.

That is my "prophesy"
            You were wrong then, and you're likely wrong now.

Comment

No, you said we would never have digital verification at all.

You were wrong then, and you're likely wrong now.
              Wow you have to dig back that far (over a year!) to try to prove me wrong in what I said in this thread. Amazing. LOL

Your initial claim what what I was saying in this thread and it was wrong.

Carry on Sean. I am done with ya.

Comment

Wow you have to dig back that far (over a year!) to try to prove me wrong in what I said in this thread. Amazing. LOL

Your initial claim what what I was saying in this thread and it was wrong.

Carry on Sean. I am done with ya.
                That might be best before you end up with even more egg on your face than is necessary.

Comment

That might be best before you end up with even more egg on your face than is necessary.
                  Riiight.

Comment