Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Is there any way Clinton could win your vote?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
    Relevance? I did not read through that page. Narrow it down for me and perhaps . . .
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
      Relevance? I did not read through that page. Narrow it down for me and perhaps . . .
      You could move to Canada.
      Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
        as a refugee.
        Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
        1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
        -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
          People voting on personality are the ones that seem foolish. Still a lot of campaign stuff is just that. Policy, foreign, domestic and economic, is the only valid support for a vote.

If there was a chance that Gary Johnson would win I would vote for him; not that I really like him all that much. I will vote Libertarian on all local and state issues, except for one "non-aligned" candidate.
          I'm probably going with Gary Johnson because he most closely aligns, but I expect it to be a Clinton landslide. The state and local issues are really interesting here, and I'm not sure yet where I fall on a lot of them. I need to read through the booklet again probably.
          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
            I'm probably going with Gary Johnson because he most closely aligns, but I expect it to be a Clinton landslide. The state and local issues are really interesting here, and I'm not sure yet where I fall on a lot of them. I need to read through the booklet again probably.
            I feel astounded every time I read the plank on his campaign website where he freely admits that global warming is a major problem but that he plans on doing nothing about it. Few people are that upfront.
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Canada is at least as bad off as the US. Worse off in the area of rights. Freedom of speech is less, gun control is stronger, just as a start. It would be like moving to California, or even worse. Of course Canada does have mossrose so . . .
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

If only there was a way to move to the New Jerusalem. Without dying first. And we can't actually move there until the new Creation exists.
                If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  I feel astounded every time I read the plank on his campaign website where he freely admits that global warming is a major problem but that he plans on doing nothing about it. Few people are that upfront.
                  Agreed. Fortunately, 67% agreement leaves me a lot of room to call him a moron.
                  I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                    If only there was a way to move to the New Jerusalem. Without dying first. And we can't actually move there until the new Creation exists.
                    The scary thing is both of them claim to be Christian. So they might both be waiting for us there asking us to vote for them as Mayor of Heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      The scary thing is both of them claim to be Christian. So they might both be waiting for us there asking us to vote for them as Mayor of Heaven.
                      Really?

Hilary/Donald: How many cities do we get to rule?

Jesus: None.

Comment

It doesn't. I'm just curious. Most people who are repulsed by one candidate or the other seem to be repulsed by a whole suite of problems, not just a few. If there's anyone on this forum who actually could see themselves being swayed to vote for Clinton (and not just against Trump), I'm be curious about their thought process and what their sticking points are.
                        Fair enough.
                        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                          No, not without her totally reversing herself on multiple issues. Her politics are simply too different from mine on too many matters that I care about.

Like OBP, there are things she could do to win my respect - but she'd have to be running against Genghis Khan to win my vote. If then...

Wut's rong with conquering Canada and Mexico? We cood be the biggest country by land area.
                          Find my speling strange? I'm trying this out: Simplified Speling. Feel free to join me.

"Nature has placed mankind under the governance of two sovereign masters, pain and pleasure. It is for them alone to point out what we ought to do, as well as to determine what we shall do."-Jeremy Bentham

"We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by stfoskey15 View Post
                            Wut's rong with conquering Canada and Mexico? We cood be the biggest country by land area.
                            We tried to conquer Canada once, but that didn't work out so well. We conquered Mexico once, but decided we didn't want to keep all of it.
                            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              We tried to conquer Canada once, but that didn't work out so well. We conquered Mexico once, but decided we didn't want to keep all of it.
                              Wasn't that because of the UK? And we don't want Mexico. Too many drug cartels to clean up.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                                Wasn't that because of the UK? And we don't want Mexico. Too many drug cartels to clean up.
                                Yeah, Canada was still part of the British Empire at the time.
                                Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                                sigpic
                                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment