Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

OK, The Clown Thing...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    So if a black person is a clown and wears white make up isn't that akin to being in white face?
    e4c2b9f94da422d0cfd532242bef1359.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Source: Knife-Wielding Clown Menaces Subway Riders, Chases Teen out of Station: NYPD

On Tuesday, the White House said law enforcement takes creepy clowns seriously...A school district in Connecticut has banned clown costumes during the Halloween season

© Copyright Original Source

What a strange world we live in. Could anyone ever predict something this ridiculous 30 years ago? 20? 10? Just so bizarro.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
        What a strange world we live in. Could anyone ever predict something this ridiculous 30 years ago? 20? 10? Just so bizarro.
        I think humankind is slowing going mad...
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

There's a report from Chicago that a clown tried to kidnap a 1 year old from his mother's arms.

If this was to be a publicity stunt it's gotten out of hand.

EDITED: forgot to say I'm not linking to the story yet because I'm skeptical.
          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            I think humankind is slowing going mad...
            Slowly? Let's see: Gay Wedding Cakes, Transgender bathrooms, self-identifying race and gender forms, killing police, bombings in the streets, riots with black people protesting the killing of black people by burning down and looting black neighborhoods and businesses. All within the last couple of years. I say the world has gone mad and did it fairly quickly.

Comment

Here's a article in Rolling Stones. Apparently this is not the first time we had creepy clowns.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/...merica-w442649
              Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                Apparently this is not the first time we had creepy clowns.
                I keep hearing people say that, but I certainly don't remember any incidences. Certainly none that led to this amount of paranoia by normal folks. Maybe Darfius is right and this is just another cog in the Great Delusion!!

Comment

Originally posted by Adrift View Post
                  I keep hearing people say that, but I certainly don't remember any incidences. Certainly none that led to this amount of paranoia by normal folks. Maybe Darfius is right and this is just another cog in the Great Delusion!!
                  Then there is this:

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    Slowly? Let's see: Gay Wedding Cakes, Transgender bathrooms, self-identifying race and gender forms, killing police, bombings in the streets, riots with black people protesting the killing of black people by burning down and looting black neighborhoods and businesses. All within the last couple of years. I say the world has gone mad and did it fairly quickly.
                    Well, this is all here; don't confuse America with the world.

Of course, there's plenty of craziness going on elsewhere....
                    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

While there's certainly been enough media to fuel 'clowns as scary', that doesn't begin to account for kids that already find clowns (and other costumed people) scary despite a complete lack of exposure to that media.

Even people dressed up as beloved characters can be scary to kids. My daughter is that way. Real people in dress up clothes she's cool with. People in huge mascot-esque body suits she doesn't like at all.

All clowns aren't created equal, either. The rodeo clown with rags and face paint is a far cry from the caricatured features of those with wigs, giant shoes and over-sized clothing.
                      I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Even Stephen King is weighing in.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...g-it-pennywise

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Just shows that memes are getting weirder and weirder.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
                            While there's certainly been enough media to fuel 'clowns as scary', that doesn't begin to account for kids that already find clowns (and other costumed people) scary despite a complete lack of exposure to that media.

Even people dressed up as beloved characters can be scary to kids. My daughter is that way. Real people in dress up clothes she's cool with. People in huge mascot-esque body suits she doesn't like at all.

All clowns aren't created equal, either. The rodeo clown with rags and face paint is a far cry from the caricatured features of those with wigs, giant shoes and over-sized clothing.
                            I can understand that. Masks hiding identities can be scary because of how surreal/uncanny valley it is, but there does seem to be a cultural zeitgeist at the moment that sees clowns as lurid, even for people directly unfamiliar with media that portrays them as such.

Comment

There were 2 sightings in my town last night. One kid (along with his Mommy) turned himself in this morning.

There was also a threat from clowns at a school in the Big City this morning. Police are not amused.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

If you don't think clowns are creepy, I could point you to a short story or two that might change your mind....
                                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment