Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

'Basket of Deplorables'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanD View Post
    Not everyone. Just you. You're a complete moron. It would be more productive discussing economics with a monkey.
    Like I said, must have been Obamas fault, right genious?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
      Like I said, must have been Obamas fault, right genious?
      It's GENIUS!!!! If you're going to call somebody a name insulting their intelligence, at least SPELL IT CORRECTLY!!!!

And Obama would have an apostrophe, indicating the "fault" was his.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        It's GENIUS!!!! If you're going to call somebody a name insulting their intelligence, at least SPELL IT CORRECTLY!!!!

Pastor CP. loves to point out the faults in others. Makes him feel superior I guess. See if you can check your lesser character CP and answer to the content of the post rather than pointing out spelling errors. Makes you look like a jerk.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Uhmm, it was JimL after all.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Pastor CP. loves to point out the faults in others. Makes him feel superior I guess. See if you can check your lesser character CP and answer to the content of the post rather than pointing out spelling errors. Makes you look like a jerk.
            There was no other content to that post.
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              Well she said half of Trump supporters, that is a lot of hard working middle class Americans.
              Keep in mind that this is from the folks who sneer at the middle-class (especially those in "fly over country") as people bitterly clinging to guns and the Bible. Their disdain is palpable.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Oh yes, because Barbara Walters uses that metaphor then Obama supporters must have actually believed him to be the messiah. She was just parroting the conservative propagandists definition of Obama supporters.
                Riiiiiight.

So that's what Newsweek editor Evan Thomas was doing when he declared on MSNBC'sThe American Prospect that,

he too was "just parroting the conservative propagandists definition of Obama supporters."

And, naturally, when Mark Morford, columnist and culture critic for the San Francisco Chronicle
                "many spiritually advanced people I know (not coweringly religious, mind you, but deeply spiritual) identify Obama as a Lightworker, that rare kind of attuned being who has the ability to lead us not merely to new foreign policies or health care plans or whatnot, but who can actually help usher in a new way of being on the planet, of relating and connecting and engaging with this bizarre earthly experiment. These kinds of people actually help us evolve. They are philosophers and peacemakers of a very high order, and they speak not just to reason or emotion, but to the soul."

once again he was "just parroting the conservative propagandists definition of Obama supporters."

So, what flavor Kool-Aid are you guzzling this evening?

The fact is, the above, along with what Walters confessed, exemplified the attitude that a substantial portion of his supporters believed. As Obama's wife put it, "We have an amazing story to tell. This president has brought us out of the dark and into the light" (Matthew 4:16; cf. Micah 7:8)

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Pastor CP. loves to point out the faults in others.
                  Jimmy loves to point out that CP is a Pastor, thinking, perhaps, that Pastors should suffer fools.

Makes him feel superior I guess.
                  Exposes what a dunderhead you can be.

See if you can check your lesser character CP and answer to the content of the post rather than pointing out spelling errors. Makes you look like a jerk.
                  Hmmmm..... when you mock somebody's intelligence by calling them a "genious"....
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Keep in mind that this is from the folks who sneer at the middle-class (especially those in "fly over country") as people bitterly clinging to guns and the Bible. Their disdain is palpable.
                    Pretty much "if you aren't voting for me, the hell with you".

Comment

Riiiiiight.

So that's what Newsweek editor Evan Thomas was doing when he declared on MSNBC'sThe American Prospect that,

he too was "just parroting the conservative propagandists definition of Obama supporters."

And, naturally, when Mark Morford, columnist and culture critic for the San Francisco Chronicle
                      "many spiritually advanced people I know (not coweringly religious, mind you, but deeply spiritual) identify Obama as a Lightworker, that rare kind of attuned being who has the ability to lead us not merely to new foreign policies or health care plans or whatnot, but who can actually help usher in a new way of being on the planet, of relating and connecting and engaging with this bizarre earthly experiment. These kinds of people actually help us evolve. They are philosophers and peacemakers of a very high order, and they speak not just to reason or emotion, but to the soul."

once again he was "just parroting the conservative propagandists definition of Obama supporters."

So, what flavor Kool-Aid are you guzzling this evening?

The fact is, the above, along with what Walters confessed, exemplified the attitude that a substantial portion of his supporters believed. As Obama's wife put it, "We have an amazing story to tell. This president has brought us out of the dark and into the light" (Matthew 4:16; cf. Micah 7:8)
                      Yeah, and because a few commentators spew out nonsense then that means that is what is in the minds of all his political supporters, right? Ronald Reagon supporters were defined the same way by commentators. Joseph Sobran: "Most conservatives still believe in the father, the son, and the holy ghost, but Reagan runs a close 4th." Abraham Lincoln was dubbed; "the peasant prince, a masterpeice of god." Perhaps you actually believe Reagan to have been a literal messiah, but I doubt it. Reagan wouldn't even get a second look by todays republican party. Oh, and btw, for all you "Obama negotiated with Terrorist Iran for the release of Hostages" bunch, Reagan actually did negotiate with Iran for hostages. Iran Contra ring a bell anyone!

Comment

Yeah, and because a few commentators spew out nonsense then that means that is what is in the minds of all his political supporters, right?
                        What part of this was too complicated for you to grasp?

I never said nor implied that was what "is in the minds of all his political supporters" and in fact made a point to say otherwise. I guess your guzzling all that Kool-Aid impairs your neural functioning.

Comment

What part of this was too complicated for you to grasp?
                          I never said nor implied that was what "is in the minds of all his political supporters" and in fact made a point to say otherwise. I guess your guzzling all that Kool-Aid impairs your neural functioning.
                          A few talking heads is not a substantial portion of his supporters, its a few talking heads. Do you also assume a substantial portion of Reagon supporters thought of him as the messiah who would move mountains and calm the seas because of the glowing terms that were applied to him by political commentators.

Comment

Yeah, and because a few commentators spew out nonsense...
                            Your peers?

Comment

A few talking heads is not a substantial portion of his supporters, its a few talking heads. Do you also assume a substantial portion of Reagon supporters thought of him as the messiah who would move mountains and calm the seas because of the glowing terms that were applied to him by political commentators.
                              Well that was a quick retreat from declaring I said "that is what is in the minds of all his political supporters" smiley goal posts.gif

There are a bunch of others but I just quoted a few who's names are more likely to be recognizable to make my point. Then there are magazines covers such as these from Newsweek

And here are just two of a wide assortment depicting Obama with a "halo"

Now while I can find a couple pictures of Clinton and Bush similarly depicted (very few compared to Obama) they were never used as covers of magazines.

Comment

What blasphemy! Why hasn't Obama stopped such horrible reporting? Isn't he a good Christian, and all?

I have not followed this sort of thing over the past 8 years, and did not know that the media depiction of Obama has been like this. All I know is that I can hardly stand to look at the man, let alone listen to him or hear anything about him.

This is how the Antichrist will appear. Obama is not that one, but I see the world is already prepared for his arrival.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment