Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

In hindsight, did Borat 2 violate campaign laws?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CivilDiscourse View Post

Oh, it's not hard to understand. What is hard to understand is why you cropped out that question, then claimed that I made a statement, not asked a question. It's a dishonest quotemine, and seems to be part of your SOP these days. Lying by omission.
    You are falling for her pedantricks, just like you warned me not to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      She's special.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Ah, thank you for that. She's good at sucking you in.

Comment

You never explained why it had to be seen by trump supporters in order to either A. Swing/sway/influence the election (or attempt to), B. violate campaign laws..
          You wrote about the film being used to influence the election against Trump. If most trump supporters did not see the film why would it affect their vote? If indeed the film did "influence the election against Trump" it would have affected the so-called "floating voter" or those who may not have already registered and made a decision. If I recall correctly [I saw it some time ago] it ends with the reminder to vote.

However, my own view is that it "preached to the converted". In other words those who made the decision to watch the film would most likely have already made their choice.

I also asked you:

"If most Trump supporters probably never watched the film in what way do you consider it violated campaign laws?

And

"I also asked you why you considered Baron Cohen had violated campaign laws. What is your response?"

[My emphasis]

On both occasions you ignored my question. as indeed you ignored the posts to you by Stoic and Roy which strongly suggests that Roy's observation at post # 56 is entirely correct and you are "not in the slightest bit interested in any answer to the question".

"It ain't necessarily so
          The things that you're liable
          To read in the Bible
          It ain't necessarily so
          ."

Sportin' Life
          Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post

You wrote about the film being used to influence the election against Trump. If most trump supporters did not see the film why would it affect their vote? If indeed the film did "influence the election against Trump" it would have affected the so-called "floating voter" or those who may not have already registered and made a decision. If I recall correctly [I saw it some time ago] it ends with the reminder to vote.

However, my own view is that it "preached to the converted". In other words those who made the decision to watch the film would most likely have already made their choice.

I also asked you:

"If most Trump supporters probably never watched the film in what way do you consider it violated campaign laws?

And

"I also asked you why you considered Baron Cohen had violated campaign laws. What is your response?"

[My emphasis]

On both occasions you ignored my question. as indeed you ignored the posts to you by Stoic and Roy which strongly suggests that Roy's observation at post # 56 is entirely correct and you are "not in the slightest bit interested in any answer to the question".

I didn't ignore you, I pointed out your first question was non sensible, as it linked two things. (Thats what the if did).

In the second I pointed out that I asked a question,, while you are acting as if I made a claim. Until you can understand English betperhaps you should stop trolling the forums. You've been too dishonest in this thread.

Comment

I didn't ignore you,
              I didn't write that you did ignore me. I wrote that you ignored my question [and the posts of other people].

I pointed out your first question was non sensible, as it linked two things. (Thats what the if did).
              Then as the person who started the thread, it fell to you to explain where you considered I was in error. Not constantly post ever more questions.

In the second I pointed out that I asked a question.
              The thread title is: In hindsight, did Borat 2 violate campaign laws? That is a direct question that contains no qualifier.

Perhaps you should have worded it: In hindsight, might Borat 2 have violated campaign laws?

Have you considered enrolling on a remedial English literacy course?

"It ain't necessarily so
              To read in the Bible
              It ain't necessarily so
              ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

I didn't write that you did ignore me. I wrote that you ignored my question [and the posts of other people].

Then as the person who started the thread, it fell to you to explain where you considered I was in error. Not constantly post ever more questions.

The thread title is: In hindsight, did Borat 2 violate campaign laws? That is a direct question that contains no qualifier.

Perhaps you should have worded it: In hindsight, might Borat 2 have violated campaign laws?

Have you considered enrolling on a remedial English literacy course?

Lol, now you are really doubling down on your trolling. Your complaint is now that the question wasn't phrased the proper way, and that's why you are saying I made a claim? That, and you are now saying it's my job to clarify your questions for you.

You really should go troll elsewhere at this point, you have reached peak grammar nazi.

Comment

Lol, now you are really doubling down on your trolling. Your complaint is now that the question wasn't phrased the proper way, and that's why you are saying I made a claim? That, and you are now saying it's my job to clarify your questions for you.

You really should go troll elsewhere at this point, you have reached peak grammar nazi.
                  The fact is that you [like several others here] do not write good English and I pick you up on it. That my dear CivilDiscourse Edited by a Moderator is "the rub".
                  Last edited by Sparko; 02-26-2021, 07:31 AM.
                  "It ain't necessarily so
                  To read in the Bible
                  It ain't necessarily so
                  ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

The fact is that you [like several others here] do not write good English and I pick you up on it. That my dear CivilDiscourseEdited by a Moderator is "the rub".
                    Your pretend stupidity when others don't follow your grammar nazi rules only reflects poorly on your own trolling behavior. Perhaps you should go burn some poor english writings in an oven.

At this point, I'll say this: Go Troll elsewhere with your dishonest tactics. Preferably in another forum entirely, but definitely in not in this thread.
                    Last edited by Bill the Cat; 02-26-2021, 07:48 AM.

Comment

We too do write googly english!

Comment

We too do write googly english!
                        Cuz we be edumacated right gud.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Cuz we be edumacated right gud.
                          And we self-identify words to mean what we want them to!

Comment

And we self-identify words to mean what we want them to!
                            Well, you know grammar nazi-ism is linked to white supremacy and classism.

Comment

Well, you know grammar nazi-ism is linked to white supremacy and classism.
                              What isn't?

Comment