Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Insurrection Lie II: False Reports ...Continue To Unravel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    That's BESIDES the obligation to present truthful evidence and to share it with opposing counsel in discovery.
    I'm not sure they have an obligation to present to opposing counsel newspaper articles that are available to everyone.

Perhaps, but they provided a whole bunch of false information that they had reason to question.
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that none of this false information was about what Trump said or did.

Which is why the dishonest liberals rushed this so much on the basis of emotion and rumor and gossip --- they had to move fast because their lies were being exposed to the light of day.
    Now you are trying to read minds. Another perfectly reasonable explanation is that they rushed it because they thought that they wouldn't be able to impeach him after he left office.

Comment

So, since a large part of the Democrats' case was based on this "murder", and it's proven to be bogus, you go to ... what.... more excuses?
      Was it a large part of the Democrats' case?

Are you claiming that if there was no murder, there was no incitement?

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
        Was it a large part of the Democrats' case?
        Absolutely, did you not read the pdf I posted of the draft of the articles of impeachment?
        Did you not watch the hysteria of the Democrat's 'prosecution' declaring that at least 5 people were murdered by the mob?

Do you wanna guess how many actual "murders" there were at the hands of the mob?

Are you claiming that if there was no murder, there was no incitement?
        I'm claiming that any judge in the country would grant a new trial based on the vast difference between what the prosecution said, and the reality of what actually happened.
        And, yes, I'm aware this was a trial in the legal sense - I've been making that clear all along - But SO MUCH of what the Democrats produced as their basis for impeachment has turned out to be outright lies.

Yeah, I know, you claim that if the Democrats didn't actually KNOW they were lies at the time --- which just goes to show how moronic it was to proceed before actually doing a solid investigation.

(It's more fun talking to you now that I know you're an old fart probably teetering on dementia or old-timer's disease )
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The False and Exaggerated Claims Still Being Spread About the Capitol Riot

Insisting on factual accuracy does not make one an apologist for the protesters. False reporting is never justified, especially to inflate threat and fear levels.

What took place at the Capitol on January 6 was undoubtedly a politically motivated riot. As such, it should not be controversial to regard it as a dangerous episode. Any time force or violence is introduced into what ought to be the peaceful resolution of political conflicts, it should be lamented and condemned.

But none of that justifies lying about what happened that day, especially by the news media. Condemning that riot does not allow, let alone require, echoing false claims in order to render the event more menacing and serious than it actually was. There is no circumstance or motive that justifies the dissemination of false claims by journalists. The more consequential the event, the less justified, and more harmful, serial journalistic falsehoods are.

Yet this is exactly what has happened, and continues to happen, since that riot almost seven weeks ago. And anyone who tries to correct these falsehoods is instantly attacked with the cynical accusation that if you want only truthful reporting about what happened, then you’re trying to “minimize” what happened and are likely an apologist for if not a full-fledged supporter of the protesters themselves.

One of the most significant of these falsehoods was the tale — endorsed over and over without any caveats by the media for more than a month — that Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick was murdered by the pro-Trump mob when they beat him to death with a fire extinguisher. That claim was first published by The New York Times on January 8 in an article headlined “Capitol Police Officer Dies From Injuries in Pro-Trump Rampage.” It cited “two [anonymous] law enforcement officials” to claim that Sicknick died “with the mob rampaging through the halls of Congress” and after he “was struck with a fire extinguisher.”

A second New York Times article from later that day — bearing the more dramatic headline: “He Dreamed of Being a Police Officer, Then Was Killed by a Pro-Trump Mob” — elaborated on that story:

exhibit 1.pngexhibit 2.png

Yet this is exactly what has happened, and continues to happen, since that riot almost seven weeks ago. And anyone who tries to correct these falsehoods is instantly attacked with the cynical accusation that if you want only truthful reporting about what happened, then you’re trying to “minimize” what happened and are likely an apologist for if not a full-fledged supporter of the protesters themselves.

One of the most significant of these falsehoods was the tale — endorsed over and over without any caveats by the media for more than a month — that Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick was murdered by the pro-Trump mob when they beat him to death with a fire extinguisher. That claim was first published by The New York Times on January 8 in an article headlined “Capitol Police Officer Dies From Injuries in Pro-Trump Rampage.” It cited “two [anonymous] law enforcement officials” to claim that Sicknick died “with the mob rampaging through the halls of Congress” and after he “was struck with a fire extinguisher.”

A second New York Times article from later that day — bearing the more dramatic headline: “He Dreamed of Being a Police Officer, Then Was Killed by a Pro-Trump Mob” — elaborated on that story:

And the story goes on ---- there are so many outright lies about what happened that the entire case put forth by the lying Democrats would be thrown out of any court of law in the land.

But the liberal left absolutely refuses to face the truth - to admit they were wrong.

After all ---- OMB!!!!! Who cares about the Truth - it got Trump impeached --- AGAIN.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

AND....

Left-wing Journalist Glenn Greenwald Exposes Capitol Insurrection Hoax Made Up by Fake News Media

Source: Shane Trejo

Left-wing journalist Glenn Greenwald is exposing the lies made up by the fake news media to justify an unconstitutional crackdown on their Republican opposition after the Jan. 6 mostly-peaceful protest in Washington D.C.

Greenwald published an article on his Substack on Tuesday exposing falsehoods that have been deliberately spread on corporate platforms to gin up fear and create new Draconian restrictions against civil liberties.

“Condemning that riot does not allow, let alone require, echoing false claims in order to render the event more menacing and serious than it actually was. There is no circumstance or motive that justifies the dissemination of false claims by journalists. The more consequential the event, the less justified, and more harmful, serial journalistic falsehoods are,” Greenwald stated.

He exposed how law enforcement officer Brian Sicknick was not killed by Capitol protesters. Even though Sicknick died of other complications, that has not stopped disingenuous Democrats and their media allies from claiming otherwise.

“Despite this alleged brutal murder taking place in one of the most surveilled buildings on the planet, filled that day with hundreds of cellphones taping the events, nobody saw video of it. No photographs depicted it. To this day, no autopsy report has been released. No details from any official source have been provided,” he wrote.

Greenwald added that Revolver News, an upstart populist right-wing publication, exposed the truth of the situation while the fake news just made up new lies to be exploited for illegal Democrat power-grabs. He exposed other deceptions perpetrated by the media liars as well.

“Over and over, no evidence has emerged for the most melodramatic media claims — torn out Panic Buttons and plots to kill Vice President Mike Pence or Mitt Romney. What we know for certain, as The Washington Post noted this week, is that “Despite warnings of violent plots around Inauguration Day, only a smattering of right-wing protesters appeared at the nation’s statehouses.” That does not sound like an ongoing insurrection, to put it mildly,” he wrote.
            “All this matters because it inherently matters if the media is recklessly circulating falsehoods about the most inflammatory and significant news stories. As was true for their series of Russiagate debacles, even if each “mistake” standing alone can be dismissed as relatively insignificant or understandable, when they pile up — always in the same narrative direction — people rightly conclude the propaganda is deliberate and trust in journalism erodes further,” Greenwald added.

The journalist concluded that the fake news media lies are more dangerous to the Bill of Rights and Constitution than the mostly-peaceful protesters who demonstrated in and around the Capitol on Jan. 6.

“But in this case, this matters for reasons far more significant than corporate media’s attempt to salvage the last vestiges of their credibility. Washington, D.C. remains indefinitely militarized. The establishment wings of both parties are still exploiting the emotions surrounding the Capitol breach to justify a new domestic War on Terror. The FBI is on the prowl for dissidents on the right and the left, and online censorship in the name of combatting domestic terrorism continues to rise,” Greenwald wrote.

“One can — and should — condemn the January 6 riot without inflating the threat it posed. And one can — and should — insist on both factual accuracy and sober restraint without standing accused of sympathy for the rioters,” he concluded.

So why do the liberals still push and defend the outright lies the Dems used to build their case against Trump?

OMB!!!! Hating Trump is far more important than loving Truth.

Comment

Absolutely, did you not read the pdf I posted of the draft of the articles of impeachment?
              I went back through the thread and couldn't find that. I'm guessing you mean the brief from the impeachment managers, which I did read. It looks to me like it makes a pretty good case even if you remove all references to deaths, or zip ties, or "armed insurrectionists".

Did you not watch the hysteria of the Democrat's 'prosecution' declaring that at least 5 people were murdered by the mob?
              I watched very little of the trial. The idea that the verdict had already been decided ahead of time took most of the fun out of it.

Do you wanna guess how many actual "murders" there were at the hands of the mob?
              I don't have to guess. I know there weren't any murders. (I can't quite rule out manslaughter, though.)

I'm claiming that any judge in the country would grant a new trial based on the vast difference between what the prosecution said, and the reality of what actually happened.
              And, yes, I'm aware this was a trial in the legal sense - I've been making that clear all along - But SO MUCH of what the Democrats produced as their basis for impeachment has turned out to be outright lies.

Yeah, I know, you claim that if the Democrats didn't actually KNOW they were lies at the time --- which just goes to show how moronic it was to proceed before actually doing a solid investigation.
              Well, there's nothing preventing us from doing a solid investigation now, and nothing keeping us from punishing any criminals, either.

(It's more fun talking to you now that I know you're an old fart probably teetering on dementia or old-timer's disease )
              Well, I'm not as old a fart as you (I think), and my wife seems to think my mental faculties are okay. (But she's even older than I am, so who knows?)
              Last edited by Stoic; 02-18-2021, 10:58 PM.

Comment

I went back through the thread and couldn't find that. I'm guessing you mean the brief from the impeachment managers, which I did read. It looks to me like it makes a pretty good case even if you remove all references to deaths, or zip ties, or "armed insurrectionists".
                Laughing --- in other words, pretty much discount all their hyped up lies?

I watched very little of the trial. The idea that the verdict had already been decided ahead of time took most of the fun out of it.
                And EVERYBODY knew that --- the Democrats didn't give a flying flip about a conviction - it was pure theater packed with emotion based on lies.

I don't have to guess. I know there weren't any murders. (I can't quite rule out manslaughter, though.)
                OK, I'll play that game! How many persons were "manslaughtered" by the protesters?

Well, there's nothing preventing us from doing a solid investigation now, and nothing keeping us from punishing any criminals, either.
                You REALLY think the Democrats would be interested in an investigation into their lowlife lying scumbag presentation?

Well, I'm not as old a fart as you, and my wife seems to think my mental faculties are okay. (But she's even older than I am, so who knows?)
                So, what do you think should happen to the House Manages who presented lie after lie --- even if you pretend that they were not aware they were lying --- but subsequently much of their case was proven to be fraudulent?

Comment

So, let's cut to the chase. Obviously, you're believing yet another lie.

NOBODY was murdered or killed or even manslaughtered in the Capitol.

As you're aware, one of the deaths is Officer Sicknick - who died more than 24 hours after the fact with no blunt force trauma, and no evidence whatsoever that he was "bludgeoned to death" with a fire extinguisher ---- absolute outright LIE. His stroke was caused by a blood clot.

Another is Kevin Greeson, 55, from Athens. Alabama. His family says the 55-year-old had a heart attack. They described him as a supporter of President Trump’s but denied that he condoned violence.

Then there's Benjamin Philips, 50, of Schuylkill County, Pa., died of a stroke, according to a report in the Philadelphia Inquirer. NBC News reports Philips was a computer programmer who founded a website for Trump supporters. According to the report, the website helped coordinate rides for people to head to Washington for Wednesday’s events.

And Rosanne Boyland, 34 died due to a medical emergency. According to Atlanta news station WXIA, first responders performed CPR on her after she collapsed Wednesday evening.
                  They say she was a passionate supporter of Trump and there was a family argument over whether she should attend the events in Washington. Family members told WXIA Boyland got wrapped up in dangerous conspiracy theories and political beliefs.

And, finally, Ashli Babbitt, 35, a 14-year air force veteran from San Diego, was among a group of people who could be seen attempting to break down the doors of the US Senate chamber as members sheltered. Cameras captured the moment she was rushed out on a stretcher after being shot by a Capitol police officer. She died at the hospital.

So,
                  Sicknick and Philips both died from strokes
                  Greeson had a heart attack
                  Boyland collapsed and died from unknown causes
                  Babbitt was shot by Capitol Police

Besides Sicknick, ALL of the fatalities were Trump supporters --- not 'targets' of the rioters.

You have been lied to - major bigtime!

Comment

Laughing --- in other words, pretty much discount all their hyped up lies?
                    Discounting false information.

And EVERYBODY knew that --- the Democrats didn't give a flying flip about a conviction - it was pure theater packed with emotion based on lies.
                    I'm sure they cared. There just wasn't anything they could do about it.

OK, I'll play that game! How many persons were "manslaughtered" by the protesters?
                    Based on the information available, I can't rule out that Sicknick died because of an injury sustained during the riot. I know that is technically true, because of how the law is written. But in might be true in fact. The only evidence I've seen against it is the report from anonymous sources that the medical examiner didn't find any evidence of blunt force trauma. (Funny how people who are so quick to dismiss anonymous sources about the fire extinguisher are very quick to trust them about this.) So as far as I'm concerned, it's an open question.

If someone did injure him, they clearly didn't intend to kill him, but their actions might have resulted in his death. I think that would make them guilty of manslaughter, especially since it occurred during the commission of a crime.

You REALLY think the Democrats would be interested in an investigation into their lowlife lying scumbag presentation?
                    I was thinking more of a thorough investigation into what happened on January 6, and the events leading up to it, and Trump's role. As McConnell pointed out, he could still be held criminally liable, or be subject to civil suits.

So, what do you think should happen to the House Manages who presented lie after lie --- even if you pretend that they were not aware they were lying --- but subsequently much of their case was proven to be fraudulent?
                    If anyone can show that the intentionally made false claims, then I would think they should be censured, at least.

I think the difference between you and me is that I have a higher bar for calling a false claim a "lie". I know that it's easy to be misled, or to draw wrong conclusions, or to simply be ignorant of key facts. I really need to see evidence of an intent to deceive before I'm willing to call someone a liar.

I don't think most Trump supporters who claim that the election was stolen are lying. I think they just happen to trust Trump too much. I'm not even really sure that Trump is lying, since I have a fairly low opinion of his grasp on reality; he may just be that delusional. The people who I'm convinced have been lying are Trump's lawyers: Giuliani, Powell, and Wood. I sincerely hope they get what's coming to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      AND....

Left-wing Journalist Glenn Greenwald Exposes Capitol Insurrection Hoax Made Up by Fake News Media

Source: Shane Trejo

Left-wing journalist Glenn Greenwald is exposing the lies made up by the fake news media to justify an unconstitutional crackdown on their Republican opposition after the Jan. 6 mostly-peaceful protest in Washington D.C.

Greenwald published an article on his Substack on Tuesday exposing falsehoods that have been deliberately spread on corporate platforms to gin up fear and create new Draconian restrictions against civil liberties.

“Condemning that riot does not allow, let alone require, echoing false claims in order to render the event more menacing and serious than it actually was. There is no circumstance or motive that justifies the dissemination of false claims by journalists. The more consequential the event, the less justified, and more harmful, serial journalistic falsehoods are,” Greenwald stated.

He exposed how law enforcement officer Brian Sicknick was not killed by Capitol protesters. Even though Sicknick died of other complications, that has not stopped disingenuous Democrats and their media allies from claiming otherwise.

“Despite this alleged brutal murder taking place in one of the most surveilled buildings on the planet, filled that day with hundreds of cellphones taping the events, nobody saw video of it. No photographs depicted it. To this day, no autopsy report has been released. No details from any official source have been provided,” he wrote.

Greenwald added that Revolver News, an upstart populist right-wing publication, exposed the truth of the situation while the fake news just made up new lies to be exploited for illegal Democrat power-grabs. He exposed other deceptions perpetrated by the media liars as well.

“Over and over, no evidence has emerged for the most melodramatic media claims — torn out Panic Buttons and plots to kill Vice President Mike Pence or Mitt Romney. What we know for certain, as The Washington Post noted this week, is that “Despite warnings of violent plots around Inauguration Day, only a smattering of right-wing protesters appeared at the nation’s statehouses.” That does not sound like an ongoing insurrection, to put it mildly,” he wrote.
                      “All this matters because it inherently matters if the media is recklessly circulating falsehoods about the most inflammatory and significant news stories. As was true for their series of Russiagate debacles, even if each “mistake” standing alone can be dismissed as relatively insignificant or understandable, when they pile up — always in the same narrative direction — people rightly conclude the propaganda is deliberate and trust in journalism erodes further,” Greenwald added.

The journalist concluded that the fake news media lies are more dangerous to the Bill of Rights and Constitution than the mostly-peaceful protesters who demonstrated in and around the Capitol on Jan. 6.

“But in this case, this matters for reasons far more significant than corporate media’s attempt to salvage the last vestiges of their credibility. Washington, D.C. remains indefinitely militarized. The establishment wings of both parties are still exploiting the emotions surrounding the Capitol breach to justify a new domestic War on Terror. The FBI is on the prowl for dissidents on the right and the left, and online censorship in the name of combatting domestic terrorism continues to rise,” Greenwald wrote.

“One can — and should — condemn the January 6 riot without inflating the threat it posed. And one can — and should — insist on both factual accuracy and sober restraint without standing accused of sympathy for the rioters,” he concluded.

So why do the liberals still push and defend the outright lies the Dems used to build their case against Trump?

OMB!!!! Hating Trump is far more important than loving Truth.
                      The outright lies used to build the impeachment case were trumps stolen election lies. Those are the lies told over months that built up the rage inside his supporters and made them view their neighbors as enemies. Over the months his supporters lost trust in the courts as challenge after challenge failed and anyone else trump pointed the blame at. The same lies were used again to bring his angry supporters to the capital to stop the steal rally and drove the attack. Trumps election lies resulted in 5 deaths and over 100 police officers injured with dozens hospitalized and the arrest of hundreds of trump supporters.

But the lies that outrage you are:
                      - Officer Sicknick was beaten to death with a fire extinguisher by insurgents. This was reported by the times who also issued a correction. The available information is that Officer Sicknick collapsed while defending the capitol and had to be resuscitated then had a stroke the next day.
                      - Zip tie guy came prepared with zip ties intending to capture hostages. When in reality zip tie guy found zip ties inside the capitol and took them intending to capture hostages.

Democrats used both to sway public opinion but Officer Sicknicks death was widely reported as such and zip tie guy was only ever speculation based on the picture. The case against trump isn't built on either one of them. They are mentioned as detail in the statement of facts but isn't part of any argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by Watermelon View Post
                        The outright lies used to build the impeachment case were trumps stolen election lies.
                        Then they should have stuck with that, instead of spreading lies of their own.

Those are the lies told over months that built up the rage inside his supporters and made them view their neighbors as enemies. Over the months his supporters lost trust in the courts as challenge after challenge failed and anyone else trump pointed the blame at. The same lies were used again to bring his angry supporters to the capital to stop the steal rally and drove the attack. Trumps election lies resulted in 5 deaths and over 100 police officers injured with dozens hospitalized and the arrest of hundreds of trump supporters.
                        Are you sure they weren't COVID deaths?

But the lies that outrage you are:
                        I really wish you liberals would stop trying to project your phony outrage on others -- I don't get outraged.

- Officer Sicknick was beaten to death with a fire extinguisher by insurgents. This was reported by the times who also issued a correction. The available information is that Officer Sicknick collapsed while defending the capitol and had to be resuscitated then had a stroke the next day.
                        The Democrats were still perpetuating the LIE that he was beaten to death with a fire extinguisher --- perhaps if they hadn't been so drunk with IMPEACHMENT MADNESS they could have taken some time to do some fact checking and present TRUTH instead of lies.

- Zip tie guy came prepared with zip ties intending to capture hostages. When in reality zip tie guy found zip ties inside the capitol and took them intending to capture hostages.
                        Did he zip-tie ANY hostages? Even ONE? IF they got the first part so wrong, why do you believe their claim of "intent"? MAN, you are gullible.

Democrats used both to sway public opinion but Officer Sicknicks death was widely reported as such and zip tie guy was only ever speculation based on the picture. The case against trump isn't built on either one of them. They are mentioned as detail in the statement of facts but isn't part of any argument.
                        Yet another lie --- gee, you just can't stop! The "murder" of 5 people and the hysteria created by the Dems by tossing out a pack of LIES was the basis of their IMPEACHMENT MADNESS.

Fortunately, they have plenty of people like you willing to buy whatever lie they put out.... a bunch of LIARS impeaching a LIAR for LYING.

Comment

• Source: Evidence Of Trump-Led Killer Bear Army At Capitol May Have Been Doctored

House Democrats are being pressured to withdraw evidence in their case against Donald Trump after claims of his MAGA hat-wearing army of killer bears became disputed.

The bears, impeachment manager Jamie Raskin explained, had been trained by Trump to attack anyone who supports mail-in voting and all lightweight losers.

"Just look at this picture I found off the internet," Raskin said. "This was taken only minutes after Donald Trump told his supporters, and I quote, 'we tried the 2020 election the regular way -- and look where that got us! So now we do it Trump-style. And that means I bring out my two dozen Kodiak bears to thrash and trash the RINOs and do-nothing Democrats! It’s tough stuff. I take no pleasure in this, believe me. But this is what the constitution calls for.'"

At that time, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez screamed in fear. "He’s right! One of those bears mauled me -- a woman of color, right in the face! You would all see my wounds, but I don’t want to take off my mask."

However, the authorities are unable to find proof twenty-four bears ravaged Capitol Hill that day. The picture seems to be taken from a little-known, left-wing satire website called The New York Times.

Update: House Democrats are now clarifying that Trump’s killer bear army is simply a metaphor for his legion of artic wolves he’s preparing to unleash on the Biden administration.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

This is NOT from the Babylon Bee

It's from a different satirical news site

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• So did you hear the lastest TDS episode in Congress? Now that they couldn't impeach Trump and every other plot has failed, now they are trying to erase him from history.

House Democrats are trying to make sure no one remembers former President Donald Trump.

With a bill that doesn't mention Trump's name but is clearly aimed at him, a collection of Democratic House members are looking to block any "twice impeached" president from pretty much any recognition on federal land. That includes barring federal funds from going toward building a dedicated "highway, park, subway, federal building, military installation, street, or other federal property" as well as preventing that president's burial at Arlington National Cemetery.

https://news.yahoo.com/democrats-int...222000433.html

Comment

• What's happening here is that it's become painfully obvious to the liberals that the whole Impeachment II scam was built on a bunch of lies.
                              We've seen this in concessions like, OK, there weren't murders, but there WERE cases of manslaughter... which, of course was also shown to be bogus.

Besides the Trump Supporter shot by Capitol Police, there was the Capitol Police officer who died more than 24 hours after the fact due to a blood clot causing a stroke.
                              The other three "murders" were natural causes.

The zip ties --- were not brought to the Capitol indicating premeditation, but were found on a table, reducing that charge to something opportunist rather than premeditated --- but then you have to yell "INTENT", where you can show none.

The liberal posters here keep trying to defend the impeachment as legitimate, but they're being dragged kicking and screaming to the obvious fact that so much of the narrative was absolutely false.

"But they didn't know it at the time" seems to be one of the justifications, but that would never fly in court. Pretty much any judge in the country would grant a new trial based on such sloppy and dishonest prosecution.

I think the latest rationale seems to be "But OMB, therefore, the end justifies the means".

In the process, liberals are being backed into a corner defending a bunch of lies by their own side to impeach a liar.

Impeachment II was foisted on us by a bunch of lying Democrats - or, if you want to be charitable - a bunch of crazed incompetent fools.

Comment

• Also the pipe bombs they were talking about were NOT at the Capitol, but at both the DNC an RNC offices blocks away, so
                                1. Was not apparently part of an insurrection.
                                2. Equally threatened both political party headquarters.
                                3. Appears to be the work of one person (they have video)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...suspect-video/

Comment