Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's Immigration Speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump's Immigration Speech

The truth is our immigration system is worse than anybody ever realized. But the facts aren't known because the media won't report on them. The politicians won't talk about them and the special interests spend a lot of money trying to cover them up because they are making an absolute fortune. That's the way it is.

Today, on a very complicated and very difficult subject, you will get the truth. The fundamental problem with the immigration system in our country is that it serves the needs of wealthy donors, political activists and powerful, powerful politicians. It's all you can do. Thank you. Thank you.

Let me tell you who it does not serve. It does not serve you the American people. Doesn't serve you. When politicians talk about immigration reform, they usually mean the following, amnesty, open borders, lower wages. Immigration reform should mean something else entirely. It should mean improvements to our laws and policies to make life better for American citizens.

Thank you. But if we're going to make our immigration system work, then we have to be prepared to talk honestly and without fear about these important and very sensitive issues. For instance, we have to listen to the concerns that working people, our forgotten working people, have over the record pace of immigration and it's impact on their jobs, wages, housing, schools, tax bills and general living conditions.

These are valid concerns expressed by decent and patriotic citizens from all backgrounds, all over. We also have to be honest about the fact that not everyone who seeks to join our country will be able to successfully assimilate. Sometimes it's just not going to work out. It's our right, as a sovereign nation to chose immigrants that we think are the likeliest to thrive and flourish and love us.

Then there is the issue of security. Countless innocent American lives have been stolen because our politicians have failed in their duty to secure our borders and enforce our laws like they have to be enforced. I have met with many of the great parents who lost their children to sanctuary cities and open borders. So many people, so many, many people. So sad. They will be joining me on this stage in a little while and I look forward to introducing, these are amazing, amazing people.

Countless Americans who have died in recent years would be alive today if not for the open border policies of this administration and the administration that causes this horrible, horrible thought process, called Hillary Clinton.

This includes incredible Americans like 21 year old Sarah Root. The man who killed her arrived at the border, entered Federal custody and then was released into the U.S., think of it, into the U.S. community under the policies of the White House Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. Weak, weak policies. Weak and foolish policies.
    http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-n...htmlstory.html
    And bonus reverse-Khan!!:

Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Are you an immigrant, Demi?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Are you an immigrant, Demi?
      Why would that make a difference?
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        Why would that make a difference?
        Just curious since his typing seems like he is foreign.

Comment

It would be interesting to see if Trump would actually try to build that wall of his. Considering his description, it sounds much more expensive than his earlier estimates. He would have a hard time scraping up the money to pay for it, considering that obviously Mexico isn't going to pay for it. I suppose he could just be planning to blame Mexico and Congress for the lack of a wall, when his funding doesn't come through. Still, he might find a way to at least get the project started. It could be good for employment along the border for a while.

It looks likely that he would actually crack down on criminal illegal aliens, to some degree. That's something. It doesn't look likely that he would go after non-criminal illegal aliens, though. Apparently, he needs to count them first. *snicker* Yeah, that's going to take a while.

It's all fine by me. I think his plans are largely delusional, but he could actually make some kind of limited progress on them.
          Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

Meanwhile, NYT is triggered!!!

Last edited by demi-conservative; 09-01-2016, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Yttrium View Post
              It looks likely that he would actually crack down on criminal illegal aliens, to some degree.
              Shocking and unusual idea!! Crack down on criminals and protect community!

non-criminal illegal aliens
              Oxymoron!
              Last edited by demi-conservative; 09-01-2016, 12:58 PM.

Comment

It would be interesting to see if Trump would actually try to build that wall of his. Considering his description, it sounds much more expensive than his earlier estimates. He would have a hard time scraping up the money to pay for it, considering that obviously Mexico isn't going to pay for it. I suppose he could just be planning to blame Mexico and Congress for the lack of a wall, when his funding doesn't come through. Still, he might find a way to at least get the project started. It could be good for employment along the border for a while.
                Actually for the thousand mile wall (which is the needed distance where there are not natural barriers) it is about 5 billion. And yes we can have Mexico pay for it or face trade sanctions, or we can tax the monies sent back to Mexico from the Mexicans working here. Besides I believe Congress already allocated money for this under George W. but we never used it.
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Actually for the thousand mile wall (which is the needed distance where there are not natural barriers) it is about 5 billion.
                  The impenetrable barrier with high tech equipment that senses below ground as well as above ground? I think you're being awfully optimistic there, seer. But I would concede that a five billion dollar wall could be enough to do a decent job.

And yes we can have Mexico pay for it or face trade sanctions, or we can tax the monies sent back to Mexico from the Mexicans working here. Besides I believe Congress already allocated money for this under George W. but we never used it.
                  From what I understand, we could also withhold the aid we're giving Mexico. I still have a hard time believing he could manage to build much of a wall.

Comment

From what I understand, we could also withhold the aid we're giving Mexico. I still have a hard time believing he could manage to build much of a wall.
                    The the goal is to stop the majority of illegal immigration - whether they use a wall or the 101 Airborne matters not to me, and enforce the laws on the books with an e-verify system.

Comment

The the goal is to stop the majority of illegal immigration - whether they use a wall or the 101 Airborne matters not to me, and enforce the laws on the books with an e-verify system.
                      Your goal is quite a bit more realistic than Trump's.

Comment

They can save money by hiring illegal aliens to build the wall for less than minimum wage.

Comment

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
                          Oxymoron!
                          Who are you calling an "oxy"? I assure you, there's no oxidization on me. Not that yttrium oxide is a bad thing.

Oh, wait. Non-criminal illegal aliens. Oxymoron. Right. I blame that on the politicians.

Comment

Your goal is quite a bit more realistic than Trump's.
                            The main point for me that is Trump is taking this seriously, and I believe he will do something - something meaningful. I can, right now, point to 10-12 of my son's friends that have lost their jobs to illegals. They had decent construction jobs, and they had families - now the are lucky if they have a job at minimum wage. And the Demoncrats claim to be a friend to the working man!

Comment

Interesting...

Exclusive: Trump Camp Mulls Using Seized Cartel Assets to Pay for Wall
                              Joint effort eyed to combat flow of drugs, guns and people would be a 'win-win' for both Mexico and U.S.

To fund construction of a new U.S. border wall, Donald Trump and senior advisers are considering various ideas, including the use of assets seized from drug cartels and others in the illicit drug trade.
                              http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/e...sets-pay-wall/

Comment