Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Calling someone a fascist is a Physical Threat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
    And I will not change.

It is certainly a very convenient form of laziness in a medium such as this. It permits you to duck and dive if another person tries to pin you down as to what you actually intended by your writing.
    You give a rather small internet discussion board a bit too much importance. When it is something really important I am much more careful but here I take a considerably more relaxed approach

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      You give a rather small internet discussion board a bit too much importance. When it is something really important I am much more careful but here I take a considerably more relaxed approach
      I am not ascribing any importance to an insignificant Christian discussion website.

However, given that we both use such sites where the availability for longer exchanges exists, if individuals wish to engage beyond posting one or two sentence comments, it is necessary [and helpful] that they at least attempt to be clear in what they write so that everyone else can comprehend their position/point of view.

"It ain't necessarily so
      The things that you're liable
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

Sportin' Life
      Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
        Pardon? How does one "parse" a question? Please explain.

I merely asked if any of the individuals you cited had done such a thing.
        They all murdered their political opponents, so the only relevant debate reason for asking that question is to try and make a distinction between murdering political opponents and saying "on air" that their political opponents need to be murdered, at least when it comes to something being fascist.

Are you trying to make that distinction? If you are not, then it's pretty much an empty question that adds nothing to the conversation.

Comment