Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

This is absolute insanity!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This is absolute insanity!

    I have no words to even describe this craziness!



    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  • #2
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    I have no words to even describe this craziness!

    Yuuup. Pure insanity. Whitmer in Michigan was doing much thesame earlier this year. My friend living there said you could go in and buy food, cigarettes, some clothes, but other. clothes were blocked off as were gardening supplies, seeds, diapers, hardware tools, etc., because they were "nonessential". Even worse that meant large parts of the stores were blocked off which caused everyone to be funneled much closer together into contact with one another than they would have otherwise if they could browse the whole store.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

      Yuuup. Pure insanity. Whitmer in Michigan was doing much thesame earlier this year. My friend living there said you could go in and buy food, cigarettes, some clothes, but other. clothes were blocked off as were gardening supplies, seeds, diapers, hardware tools, etc., because they were "nonessential". Even worse that meant large parts of the stores were blocked off which caused everyone to be funneled much closer together into contact with one another than they would have otherwise if they could browse the whole store.
      I really don't understand the logic behind "you can only buy essentials". As you say, there are loads of people in the store anyway, and what difference does it make if you buy toilet paper or Christmas ornaments or gifts? Walmart, for one, is going to lose a huge portion of their revenue, so I don't know why they aren't fussing about it to the premier. And diapers aren't essential? In what universe is that the case??

      Thankfully our own premier has not used such heavy-handed tactics. Yet.

      This is SO much about control and not so much about covid.


      Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

      Comment


      • #4
        Some politicians such as Whitmer, who also banned the use of motor-powered boats but allowed “Non-motorized boating, such as canoeing, kayaking and sailing" until forced to rescind her order, have gotten a taste of power and it has gone straight to their heads.

        I'm always still in trouble again

        "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

        Comment


        • #5
          I gues the leftists here have no objection to the actions of the premier of Manitoba. I thought at least a few would acknowledge how insane this is.

          Or maybe nobody cares about Canada because they are so geocentric and only care about the States.


          Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            Or maybe nobody cares about Canada because they are so geocentric and only care about the States.
            Today I learned Manitoba has a premier, who forms a government at the request of a Lieutenant Governor, who serves at the pleasure of the Queen of Canadia.

            The Queen of Canadia is unhappy.

            I hear she's got a wicked pin, and all of them had better watch out.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mossrose View Post
              I have no words to even describe this craziness!
              What is really sad is that so many people are willing to tolerate it. They vote for these power-mad whackjobs and then defend their actions.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                I gues the leftists here have no objection to the actions of the premier of Manitoba. I thought at least a few would acknowledge how insane this is.

                Or maybe nobody cares about Canada because they are so geocentric and only care about the States.
                The left is sadly so brainwashed into listening to Mommy Government that I doubt any will ever object to something like this, and most will remain silent whilst some will likely even defend it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                  I gues the leftists here have no objection to the actions of the premier of Manitoba.
                  Why ask leftists to condemn the actions of a right-wing premier?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Per Wikipedia


                    The Progressive Conservative Party of Manitoba (French: Parti progressiste-conservateur du Manitoba) is a centre-right political party in Manitoba, Canada.


                    The regressives on this board will have to decide whether pointing out that what passes for conservatism in Canada probably aligns far more closely with the Democrats is worth admitting how extremely far right today's GOP is by comparison (I'm calling them "far right" as courtesy). We will see.
                    Last edited by LiconaFan97; 11-30-2020, 03:55 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Gondwanaland View Post

                      Yuuup. Pure insanity. Whitmer in Michigan was doing much thesame earlier this year. My friend living there said you could go in and buy food, cigarettes, some clothes, but other. clothes were blocked off as were gardening supplies, seeds, diapers, hardware tools, etc., because they were "nonessential". Even worse that meant large parts of the stores were blocked off which caused everyone to be funneled much closer together into contact with one another than they would have otherwise if they could browse the whole store.
                      Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Some politicians such as Whitmer, who also banned the use of motor-powered boats but allowed “Non-motorized boating, such as canoeing, kayaking and sailing" until forced to rescind her order, have gotten a taste of power and it has gone straight to their heads.
                      Michigan isn't connected to Manitoba, so yeah, whatever, but if you want to go there, I'm going to point out that reckless partisan attacks on a woman who's already been targeted for kidnapping and assassination due to reckless partisan attacks satisfies the standard definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over, and expecting something different to happen.

                      That's assuming you're not in favor of seeing her kidnapped and assassinated.

                      If that's wrong, never mind.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Juvenal View Post



                        Michigan isn't connected to Manitoba, so yeah, whatever, but if you want to go there, I'm going to point out that reckless partisan attacks on a woman who's already been targeted for kidnapping and assassination due to reckless partisan attacks satisfies the standard definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over, and expecting something different to happen.

                        That's assuming you're not in favor of seeing her kidnapped and assassinated.

                        If that's wrong, never mind.
                        I know my geography but thank you for stating the obvious. I would think that a comparison could still be made and that I can still criticize a politician for vastly overreaching in what their powers are without being accused of going to the furthest extreme by someone resorting in false dichotomies

                        I'm always still in trouble again

                        "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                          Why ask leftists to condemn the actions of a right-wing premier?
                          His actions are decidedly left wing, regardless of his label.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Juvenal View Post



                            Michigan isn't connected to Manitoba, so yeah, whatever, but if you want to go there, I'm going to point out that reckless partisan attacks on a woman who's already been targeted for kidnapping and assassination due to reckless partisan attacks satisfies the standard definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over, and expecting something different to happen.

                            That's assuming you're not in favor of seeing her kidnapped and assassinated.

                            If that's wrong, never mind.
                            Who said it was connected to Manitoba? Strawman.

                            That some loons planned some nonsense does not make her dictatorial edicts magically better or magically go away.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Look. All I want to know in this thread are opinions regarding the opening post. I appreciate the comparison to Michigan's governor, but I refuse to allow any sort of derail into politics in general.

                              I don't care what part of the political spectrum anybody here is, nor do I care where Manitoba's premier is.

                              The thread is about the ridiculous logic involved in keeping a store open but not allowing people to purchase whatever they want because somebody has deemed only certain items to be essential.

                              If you cannot give an opinion based on the op, then don't give an opinion. Find another thread in which to poison the well.

                              If people continue to argue politics they will be asked to leave.


                              Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

                              Comment

                              Related Threads

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Cow Poke, Today, 02:13 PM
                              23 responses
                              91 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Started by mossrose, Today, 12:22 PM
                              5 responses
                              30 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post mossrose  
                              Started by seer, Today, 12:05 PM
                              13 responses
                              54 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seer
                              by seer
                               
                              Started by Sparko, Today, 11:40 AM
                              45 responses
                              176 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Started by whag, Today, 11:31 AM
                              29 responses
                              144 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rogue06
                              by rogue06
                               
                              Working...
                              X