Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Devoted Trump supporter in for psychiatric evaluation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I'm in a class with SEER?!?!?!?! You and JimL need to be more careful with your accusations.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Instead of just spewing forth nonsense, how bout an actual cite, or quotation, or something more than just blather.

Perhaps you're talking about this "official" denouncement of the Dallas police murders which, quite obviously, is indefensible?
    No, I'm talking about http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/...protest-shirts where the women literally wore t-shirts with the dallas PD shield on it in support of both the cops and BLM

(and yes, both of you make a lot of civics threads. He more than you, of course, but if its a thread involving police good odds you started the thread.)

Comment

Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
      No, I'm talking about http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/...protest-shirts where the women literally wore t-shirts with the dallas PD shield
      Nitpickery, but Dallas Police wear badges, not shields.

on it in support of both the cops and BLM
      Wow, THAT's the best you could come up with?

blm.jpg

You gotta REALLY look at that to see any support for Dallas Police.... there's a very small badge under the BIG PRINT "Philando Castle" and "Alton Sterling". It HARDLY looks like a denouncement of the killings of Police Officers. (I'm listening to a guy trying to explain how that's "supportive" of DPD.... he's straining)

(and yes, both of you make a lot of civics threads.
      Yeah, we both pee standing up.

He more than you, of course, but if its a thread involving police good odds you started the thread.)
      Are you just having a bad day?
      Last edited by Cow Poke; 08-11-2016, 04:43 PM.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17809[/ATTACH]

You gotta REALLY look at that to see any support for Dallas Police.... there's a very small badge under the BIG PRINT "Philando Castle" and "Alton Sterling". It HARDLY looks like a denouncement of the killings of Police Officers. (I'm listening to a guy trying to explain how that's "supportive" of DPD.... he's straining)

how come if they have a badge on their shirt it means they support the police instead that they are antipolice? and when Trump uses a 6 pointed star it means he is antisemite instead of supporting jews?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          how come if they have a badge on their shirt it means they support the police instead that they are antipolice? and when Trump uses a 6 pointed star it means he is antisemite instead of supporting jews?
          Well the women were asked why they had it on and....

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17809[/ATTACH]

As far as I knew the image was the shield and the physical representation was the badge. It doesn't really matter though.

As for the women in question, it was an example that came to mind because there was a thread about it. There are plenty of examples of BLM spokespeople condemning violence against police. It's a google search away and you found a different one than me before I even suggested it.

Comment

...so, it wasn't OBVIOUS, they had to be asked....

Seeing the names of Castle and Sterling in large white letters with Black Lives Matter in large white letters kinda makes the police emblems in the middle rather insignificant. If this was supposed to be a "supporting both sides", they really screwed up.

Now, if they had a blue stripe under the Black Lives Matter with "Blue Lives Matter", that would be totally different. But, if you say ANYTHING ELSE when somebody says Black Lives Matter, you risk a riot.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

...so, it wasn't OBVIOUS, they had to be asked....

Seeing the names of Castle and Sterling in large white letters with Black Lives Matter in large white letters kinda makes the police emblems in the middle rather insignificant. If this was supposed to be a "supporting both sides", they really screwed up.

Now, if they had a blue stripe under the Black Lives Matter with "Blue Lives Matter", that would be totally different. But, if you say ANYTHING ELSE when somebody says Black Lives Matter, you risk a riot.
                They "had" to be? Ehh.

As for a blue stripe, I'm not sure if that was even a thing yet when the story broke and much like ALM blue lives isn't really a thing so much as its an attempt to maintain the status quo. Cops are already taken care if and are venerated members of our society. You "risk a riot" because Alm/blm aren't real movements and the people on the ground level know that

Comment

They "had" to be? Ehh.

As for a blue stripe, I'm not sure if that was even a thing yet when the story broke and much like ALM blue lives isn't really a thing so much as its an attempt to maintain the status quo. Cops are already taken care if and are venerated members of our society. You "risk a riot" because Alm/blm aren't real movements and the people on the ground level know that
                  I don't have time to respond to this because Jake wants to take a run. And he says you're a dummy.

Comment

I don't have time to respond to this because Jake wants to take a run. And he says you're a dummy.
                    You can always just not respond until you have time.

Comment

You can always just not respond until you have time.
                      Yeah, I know, but I thought it was good to let you know. And I scolded Jake for saying you're a dummy -- I told him somebody can be an extreme left wing pinko commie and NOT be a dummy. But he said, "isn't this the guy who kept defending those 'Occupy nutters'? I said, well... ok, you have a point.

He's pretty smart for a dog.

(and I hope you know I'm only razzin' you. kinda)

Comment

Well, Trump was asked about the tweet and...

Comment

Cops are already taken care if and are venerated members of our society.
                          Where the heck have you been over the last two years? Heck 50 years? Cops have been hated since the 60's. "Pigs" ring a bell?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            Where the heck have you been over the last two years? Heck 50 years? Cops have been hated since the 60's. "Pigs" ring a bell?
                            There's a bad name for cops? That's your evidence for cops being hated? A bad name for cops? So what?

Comment

There's a bad name for cops? That's your evidence for cops being hated? A bad name for cops? So what?
                              really? Why do cops have bad names? because people respected and venerated them? is that your argument? Police have been demonized by liberals since the 60's. The only ones who have ever respected them have been the conservatives. Same as today. Cops are hated, demonized, protested against, murdered, and trashed in the media and by our own government.

Venerated. HA!

Comment

wow

Comment