Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump commits treason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by demi-conservative View Post
    Poor triggered kiddos. Really, you reduced to such extent?
    Go find another thread to troll in.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
      The media, as usual, is spinning it as though he called for Russia to actually hack (what they already supposedly hacked) a server that has already been dismantled.
      By the statement of trump he is clearly recommending hacking the State Department where any possible e-mails exist, scien the original Server does not exist. I believe this is grounds for Treason to recommend spying on USA government servers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
        I know quite a few people there and that's not the vibe I'm getting at all
        Speakers getting booed off the stage? Folks chanting that Hillary should be in jail? Bernie supporters yelling that they'll never vote for Hillary? Hecklers and protesters all around?

Yeah, sorry, whatever "vibe" you're getting is not consistent with reality.

Source: Breitbart

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presid...speech-at-dnc/

© Copyright Original Source

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presid...n-no-war-lies/

Source: The Wall Street Journal

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/0...ainst-clinton/

So, yeah, Hillary is getting destroyed at her own convention.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
          By the statement of trump he is clearly recommending hacking the State Department where any possible e-mails exist, scien the original Server does not exist. I believe this is grounds for Treason to recommend spying on USA government servers.
          Guess what, dude, you're a moron, and so is everybody else claiming that Trump committed treason. Here is what Trump actually said:

There is no way this can be construed as Trump encouraging Russia to commit electronic espionage against the US. He's simply pointing out the reality that Russia almost certainly has every single one of Hillary's emails, including the ones she tried to destroy before anybody could get a look at them. Also notice that Trump never said that the emails should be released to the public, or even to the press. To give Trump the benefit of the doubt, this could be interpreted as Trump encouraging the Russians to hand over the info to the State Department for which the press will lavish praise on Putin and the Russian government for their cooperation.

But, sure, you guys can continue to call this "treason" if you don't mind looking like morons. If only you low-information voters were this passionate about holding Hillary accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
            But according to Hillary those 30,000 e-mails were not work related! And the State Dept. already said they don't have them. But it is possible that the "Russians" already have them - like they had the last batch, and that is what Trump wanted them to release - and they should, if they have them.
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Treason has to actually involve an action, not a stupid comment in a speech. For example: Having your own email server and disregarding security protocols and sending classified information where any foreign government can easily get to it. That sounds more like actionable treason to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                Treason has to actually involve an action, not a stupid comment in a speech. For example: Having your own email server and disregarding security protocols and sending classified information where any foreign government can easily get to it. That sounds more like actionable treason to me.
                And to be fair, Trump's comment really wasn't stupid, especially since he never said what people are claiming he said.

The real stupidity is accusing Trump of treason while letting Hillary off the hook.

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                  In response to the OP: I think this obviously doesn't qualify as treason. And in context it's clear it wasn't a joke. Personally I don't really have much objection to what Trump said. I've said almost exactly the same thing myself. It seems likely the Russians hacked Hillary's emails, and them releasing the hacked emails could be in the public interest.

At worst I guess Trump's comments can come off like he's asking the Russians to do Watergate. And any nationalistic americans could be offended by Trump requesting Russian aid in an internal US political dispute. I guess if Nancy Pelosi were to come out and ask the Russians to help Dems by hacking the Republicans and digging up dirt on them, the media and right wingers would absolutely lose their minds over it - so there's a bit of a double-standard in play here I think. What possibly justifies it is that Clinton has openly gotten away with breaking the law over her emails.
                  It could have been useful, too, actually, back when the Bush administration deleted literally millions upon millions of them. No finesse here.

http://www.pensitoreview.com/2015/03...l-media-yawns/

Comment

Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
                    It's pretty easy for all the atheists in this forum to be on the same page when there's like 3 of us and no one is crapping over you or the forum (???). I simply disagree with you politically, religiously and, lately Mossy, on your ability to maintain a calm and rational demeanor while talking to someone who disagrees with you. Is everything all right with you? It's kind of unsettling. The impression I got from you, up until this month, was matronly, but now you've been coming off like my angry aunt.

Oh, and not that I generally care about Amens, but I amen across religious lines which you probably know isn't the most common thing here. Unless KG is somehow one of my atheist buddy's who I'm going to glad hand for. Hmm, I'm the only person whose liked the OP. Maybe I should convince JimL, Starlight, Tassman and.. ... ... Roy? Yes, the 4 other atheists I can think of who post here (WE ARE LEGION) to all click a mostly irrelevant button.

As for the counting, it wasn't about you. There are six people mentioned in two sentences in that post. Teal said something and I didn't think it was accurate so I went back through the thread and took note of what everyone said or liked and, well, thats what you quoted. The only reason I mentioned liking for you was because you hadn't posted anything and the other 5 people had so I had their words to go off of. It wasn't perfectly accurate, K7 corrected me on the basis of her disagreement, but it wasn't about you.
                    I'll tell you what's wrong with me. The world is sin-sick and getting worse by the day. Christians all over the world are being persecuted and dying for their faith and it is only going to get worse. And nobody cares! In this culture, we are called hateful, intolerant, ignorant "knuckle dragging fundies" and worse, by atheists, which of course shows how loving those who hate God are. The irony kills me.

Your post is as passive-aggressive as it gets. I am tired of being "matronly". And you can bet your life I feel like your "angry aunt" these days. I am sick of hearing the name of my Lord and Saviour dragged through the muck every single day by those who choose not to believe in Him. I am disgusted by the behaviour of the atheists here (and there are more than you think, you just have your little quartet or so who gang together), who say they want honest dialog and lie in the doing so in order to bring dishonour to the name and character of God. You insult the Christians on this site by saying that we crap all over you and think I shouldn't be offended by that.

I am tired. You want "matronly" from me, you aren't going to get it at this point. And if you have an issue with somebody on staff, you better talk to another owner about it, because the last conversation you and I had is indeed the last one.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                      His statement presupposes the freaking obvious - that Russia is trying to hack her emails. It does not ask them to, or offer reward - it does draw the obvious inference that the media will love it.

If it were something they hadn't already done or that was likely to target NS then yeah, you might have a point but 'I hope you find more dirt while wading in the cesspool' doesn't exactly constitute encouraging criminal action.

I can see objections to it, yes; but treason? That's over the top.
                      It looks more like this was a cleverly set trap into which the liberal medial fell headlong.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                        The media, as usual, is spinning it as though he called for Russia to actually hack (what they already supposedly hacked) a server that has already been dismantled.
                        Besides, these were the emails Clinton claimed she deleted because they were PERSONAL, and they were on her PERSONAL server.... are they admitting these were actually national security related?
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                          If they were simply privately released to the FBI, how would the press ever find out about it to be "rewarded" as he says?
                          Because the FBI will do an intense investigation, find 27 ways she violated the law, then decline to prosecute her, and she'll claim the FBI's "security audit" found that she "made some mistakes".

(add sarcasm tags as needed)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
                            Heh, I can see that. Paralegals don't have much, if any, discretion on the cases they work aside from quitting. I've flirted with going to L&C once I get my money situation improved. I know its a soul sucking thing, potentially at least, but its an interesting way to exert power, whatever side of the aisle you happen to be on.
                            Most lawyers don't have much discretion in that area either. Unless you put up your own shingle or make partner, you're pretty much stuck with the work the partners bring in.
                            Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Speakers getting booed off the stage? Folks chanting that Hillary should be in jail? Bernie supporters yelling that they'll never vote for Hillary? Hecklers and protesters all around?

Yeah, sorry, whatever "vibe" you're getting is not consistent with reality.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presid...speech-at-dnc/

Source: The Wall Street Journal

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/0...ainst-clinton/

So, yeah, Hillary is getting destroyed at her own convention.
                              It really depends on what news sources you're following. The article I read in the Washington Post Express yesterday about the convention was 100% positive, and mentioned no disruption whatsoever.
                              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                                Now THIS is no surprise at all.

Comment