Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump commits treason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    So, yeah, Hillary is getting destroyed at her own convention.

On the other hand, she's being elevated by Bill and Biden and Obama even above the One who would stop the rise of the oceans.... If Hillary doesn't walk on water tonight during her speech, it will be a HUGE letdown.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      I'll tell you what's wrong with me. The world is sin-sick and getting worse by the day. Christians all over the world are being persecuted and dying for their faith and it is only going to get worse. And nobody cares! In this culture, we are called hateful, intolerant, ignorant "knuckle dragging fundies" and worse, by atheists, which of course shows how loving those who hate God are. The irony kills me.

Your post is as passive-aggressive as it gets. I am tired of being "matronly". And you can bet your life I feel like your "angry aunt" these days. I am sick of hearing the name of my Lord and Saviour dragged through the muck every single day by those who choose not to believe in Him. I am disgusted by the behaviour of the atheists here (and there are more than you think, you just have your little quartet or so who gang together), who say they want honest dialog and lie in the doing so in order to bring dishonour to the name and character of God. You insult the Christians on this site by saying that we crap all over you and think I shouldn't be offended by that.

I am tired. You want "matronly" from me, you aren't going to get it at this point. And if you have an issue with somebody on staff, you better talk to another owner about it, because the last conversation you and I had is indeed the last one.
      Mossrose, I don't want anything from you. Matronly is a compliment. It's the calm, leaderlike demeanor of a powerful women. My angry aunt vented and screeched at people over the problems she was going through. I once put you, quite firmly, in the former column particularly after we had that PM conversation awhile back. Now?

I'm using forum to refer to civics, not the forum as a whole, and in terms of atheists who post here every day its really just me, Jim, Jamie and Star. I'd rather it not be a clique, but here we are.

My post isn't passive aggressive. Please read it again and pretend that I'm being earnest with you because those were my honest, heartfelt feelings on the matter. Do you think my post is passive aggressive because I typed WE ARE LEGION or something? That's a joke because we're not a legion. I could only think of 4 other atheists that post in Civics. Thats... not a legion.

I don't drag your gods names through the muck. I don't actually know what that lie in the doing part actually means, but I'm pretty sure I don't do that either. Whether you should be offended about my charge that there exists a double standard in acceptable behavior largely depends on whether its true or not. You have, in the past, accused me directly of being a flaming hypocrite, should I get hung up on that? You've also in the past claimed that it was a habit of unbelievers here to, among other things, call you guys delusional or ignorant or goat herders or whatnot. I remember it being a pretty big list of words that were supposedly common but ones that I've certainly never used and certainly not in civics and nearly do the other people I've mentioned who actually post in this forum. Meanwhile various forms of bullying are, somehow, protected as being simply spirited debate.

Look, either way, can you stop taking out your anger with how much the world sucks on me? Of every single charge you laid out in there, with the exception being the part about me claiming a double standard, ZERO of it applies to anything I have ever done here. If you don't want to talk to me that's fine. You initiated this conversation and I'm replying out of politeness and I think that once you've calmed down and the things that are bothering you have subsided then things can go back to being chill again.
      Last edited by Jaecp; 07-28-2016, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        Most lawyers don't have much discretion in that area either. Unless you put up your own shingle or make partner, you're pretty much stuck with the work the partners bring in.
        Oh, for sure! I live in an area with only about a half million people in it so we just have a few dozen small practices. I think the largest "firm" would technically be the Public Defenders office, actually.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaecp View Post
          Oh, for sure! I live in an area with only about a half million people in it so we just have a few dozen small practices. I think the largest "firm" would technically be the Public Defenders office, actually.
          Just remember - ONE lawyer in a town can't making a living. TWO can get rich!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            It really depends on what news sources you're following. The article I read in the Washington Post Express yesterday about the convention was 100% positive, and mentioned no disruption whatsoever.
            Even The Daily Beast, one of the most biased, dishonest, left-leaning news sites around, is hard-pressed to ignore reality.

Source: The Daily Beast

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...y-in-jail.html

© Copyright Original Source

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Now THIS is no surprise at all.
              Glad you agree that Trump is proposing treason by recommending that Russia hack State Department computers.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                Glad you agree that Trump is proposing treason by recommending that Russia hack State Department computers.
                Why are you lying? Where did Trump suggest that Russia hack State Department computers? The 30,000 emails in question were on Hillary's private server and were not work related according to Hillary. Do you doubt Hillary?
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
                  Why are you lying? Where did Trump suggest that Russia hack State Department computers? The 30,000 emails in question were on Hillary's private server and were not work related according to Hillary. Do you doubt Hillary?
                  Your either lying or ignorant big time!?!?!?!

Hillary's Server is down and dead. All potential e-mails are the property and possession of the US State Department including the server hard drives, and Trump knows that.
                  Last edited by shunyadragon; 07-28-2016, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Hillary's Server is down and dead. All potential e-mails are the property and possession of the US State Department including the server hard drives, and Trump knows that.
                    BS the 30,000 emails were the missing e-mails that Hillary said were not work related. There are no other 30,000 e-mails that are MISSING e-mails - Trump said NOTHING about hacking the State Dept - you are lying, there are no missing e-mails on the State dept servers or they would not be MISSING. He was speaking of the e-mails that Hillary deleted from HER server.

To quote Trump:

"By the way, if they hacked, they probably have her 33,000 emails. I hope they do, They probably have her 33,000 emails that she lost and deleted."
                    Last edited by seer; 07-28-2016, 12:52 PM.
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

From Trump:

"They probably have the emails" combined with his statement about finding "the 30,000 emails that are missing," it seems to me that what Trump is saying is "I hope they find those missing emails among all the other emails they already have" and not "I hope they hack into another system and steal these emails."

If we were talking about physical paper copies that were stolen from an office building, he'd be basically saying "I hope they find these particular papers somewhere in that massive stack of papers that they already stole" rather than "I hope they break into another office building and steal even more papers."

At least that's how I read the whole thing.
                      Last edited by CMD; 07-28-2016, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• Proposing a Russian Hack, whether its a joke or not is very serious. Especially when there are some serious issues with computer security already.
                        A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                          Proposing a Russian Hack, whether its a joke or not is very serious. Especially when there are some serious issues with computer security already.
                          Nonsense, he only mentioned the Russians because that is who everybody was suggesting did the previous hack/release. And I hope they are all released - around October first!

Comment

Ah, dishonest tricks. That's a little surprising, but not much.

Comment

• I'm not sure if this is treason but it is certainly careless. What if Obama or Hillary called for Russia to hack Trump's emails over his scandalous Trump University debacle to see what they find? How do you think Trump and his supporters would react? What names would they call them?
                              Blog: Atheism and the City

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Thinker View Post
                                I'm not sure if this is treason but it is certainly careless.
                                Nowhere near treason, but yeah, careless and dumb.

What if Obama or Hillary called for Russia to hack Trump's emails over his scandalous Trump University debacle to see what they find?
                                The media would probably be cheering them on.

How do you think Trump and his supporters would react? What names would they call them?
                                I can't speak for Trump supporters, but I'm sure there'd be heated reactions. As for "treason"? It's possible some of them would also jump to that extreme conclusion.

Comment