Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

So Saying That "All Lives Matter" Is Derogatory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Saying That "All Lives Matter" Is Derogatory?

Are we really this clueless? Reminds me of what happened to Sanders when he suggested that all lives matter.

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Shepard Smith is a retard. Always has been. completely clueless.

But he is right that "all lives matter" is offensive to BLM, because they think they are stealing their thunder and watering down their message.

Good. their message needs to be stomped in the ground and buried. ALL lives do matter, even blue ones. Not just black lives. The whole BLM movement is a blatant lie that cops target blacks and kill them because their lives don't matter. That is pure racist BS. If more blacks die at the hands of police, it is because they are committing more crimes. There are a few innocent lives lost, but that happens for every race, not just blacks. I think the statistics show that more whites than blacks were killed by police though.

Comment

Keep in mind how, while running for the presidential nomination, Martin O'Malley found it necessary to apologize for having the temerity to say ...
      "Black lives matter. White lives matter. All lives matter."

... at the Netroots Nation conference in Phoenix last year.

A chastened O'Malley would quickly mewl in contrition that his remark was "a mistake on my part and I meant no disrespect."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It's pretty easy to understand why blacks don't like it. Sparko pointed it out. What I can't figure out (though I theorize it has something to do with white guilt?) is why white liberals cede to it. That's a whole lot more bizarre and interesting. I've heard some really far out theories for that that I probably couldn't repeat here on tweb lol.

Comment

Under the assumption that cops are largely white racist psychopaths and our entire law enforcement system is unjustly biased against minorities, surely other non-white ethnic groups such as Native Americans, Hispanics, Asians, Middle Easterners, etc. must be having a hard time of it as well. Why don't their lives matter?

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            Are we really this clueless? Reminds me of what happened to Sanders when he suggested that all lives matter.
            All lives matter, but that isn't the point, all lives aren't being murdered by police at the drop of a hat the way black lives are. Cmon seer, you know what those in the movement are speaking to.
            Last edited by JimL; 07-18-2016, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
              All lives matter
              Amen
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

all lives aren't being murdered by police at the drop of a hat the way black lives are.
                Wow, what a totally false, asinine and moronic statement!
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The purpose of BLM is to bring attention to the mistreatment of black people by the police and by extension the government/country. The name refers to many high profile cases of black people's lives not being treated as valuable when it comes to the point at which police are willing to shoot someone. When someone responds with "all lives matter" they either totally misunderstand the BLM movement or they are trying to downplay the societal problems that black people face. The purpose of the name is to highlight a social issue, not to suggest exclusivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                    The purpose of BLM is to bring attention to the mistreatment of black people by the police and by extension the government/country. The name refers to many high profile cases of black people's lives not being treated as valuable when it comes to the point at which police are willing to shoot someone. When someone responds with "all lives matter" they either totally misunderstand the BLM movement or they are trying to downplay the societal problems that black people face. The purpose of the name is to highlight a social issue, not to suggest exclusivity.
                    Ya know, if the BLM movement came as a decidedly peaceful protest, it would be really hard not to be receptive. The fact that there is so much violence associated with it makes it, in my opinion, counterproductive. The fact that one of the most recognized leaders of BLM has had to issue a "call for peace" following the murders of the three police officers in Baton Rouge suggests that even he knows it has gotten out of hand. It could, however, be a big step in the right direction.

If they're calling for solutions, there needs to be actual dialogue. But you can't dialogue with somebody who explodes simply because one acknowledges that ALL lives matter.

Comment

All lives matter, but that isn't the point, all lives aren't being murdered by police at the drop of a hat the way black lives are. Cmon seer, you know what those in the movement are speaking to.
                      And yet several studies reveal that this is not the case. That a white person involved in a confrontation with the police is far more likely to end up dead than a black person is.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        And yet several studies reveal that this is not the case. That a white person involved in a confrontation with the police is far more likely to end up dead than a black person is.
                        Even where studies show that there is, indeed, institutional racism in police actions... what you said!

Oh, and this study was done by a white guy, right? So it can be dismissed?

11up-SUB-FORCE-master675.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                          Problem is, it's based on a number of outright falsities. It was initially started in Ferguson and based on the lie of what happened to Michael Brown -- i.e. hands were raised when Brown got shot -- which was a lie. It's based on the implication that blacks are getting exclusively shot by police more than any other race, which is a lie. It purports the idea among the less intelligent members that whites are out to get blacks, which according to statistics, is another lie. And it ignores, and expects everyone else to ignore, the fact that blacks are killing other blacks in their own communities at an even greater rate, thus is an even bigger problem, which also totally contradicts the "black lives matter" mantra -- blacks lives are apparently only underscored when it's a white killing a black, thus shows blatant racial selectivity. I'm not sure if "all lives matter" is used to counter it specifically for those reasons I gave, but you can see why people have a hard time seeing the movement as having any real credibility.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                            Problem is, it's based on a number of outright falsities. It was initially started in Ferguson...
                            I think it was actually started as a result of the Trayvon Martin / George Zimmerman incident. It was, indeed, made famous (or infamous?) in Ferguson.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                              Problem is, it's based on a number of outright falsities. It was initially started in Ferguson and based on the lie of what happened to Michael Brown -- i.e. hands were raised when Brown got shot -- which was a lie. It's based on the implication that blacks are getting exclusively shot by police more than any other race, which is a lie. It purports the idea among the less intelligent members that whites are out to get blacks, which according to statistics, is another lie. And it ignores, and expects everyone else to ignore, the fact that blacks are killing other blacks in their own communities at an even greater rate, thus is an even bigger problem, which also totally contradicts the "black lives matter" mantra -- blacks lives are apparently only underscored when it's a white killing a black, thus shows blatant racial selectivity. I'm not sure if "all lives matter" is used to counter it specifically for those reasons I gave, but you can see why people have a hard time seeing the movement as having any real credibility.
                              And it's worth pointing out that when liberals use the "shooting of an unarmed black man" meme, they fail to mention that often - as in the case with Brown - he was "technically" unarmed, but he was actually shot with Wilson's gun, as Brown struggled to get it to shoot Wilson. It is not that unusual for an "unarmed" person to get shot - or shoot the officer - while trying to take the officer's weapon.

Many times, the officer is attempting to arrest the individual without the use of deadly force, and while attempting to handcuff the suspect, the suspect manages to get control of the officer's weapon, a struggle ensues, and somebody is shot.

Comment