Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's attacks American judge as Mexican

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's impossible to tell the difference between sarcasm and sincere liberalism.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
      About the only thing he's good at is being gross, dumb and saying politically incorrect things. Somehow that tickles the tea party movement.
      Listened to a podcast recently about how Trump is more or less what a low class person thinks it is to be really rich. The way he shows off, his mannerisms, what have you. While right wing candidates pander to that base all the time, Trump is the first one to actually be, speaking of class not wealth, a member of that group.

It'd be fascinating if it wasn't so potentially destructive

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
        Trump's successes aren't exactly consistent, he's good at rubbing the bill off on others when they collapse. If you count that as succeeding then sure. He's a litigious, serial liar, and a bully as well.

About the only thing he's good at is being gross, dumb and saying politically incorrect things. Somehow that tickles the tea party movement.

There is no doubt that Trump is nuts. From the birther conspiracy theory he pushed hard on, or his flirting with 9/11 inside job conspiracy, that senator Rafael Cruz had a hand in the assassination of Kennedy, him buying into email scams such as a story of a guy who killed muslims with bullets dipped in pigs blood (a scam story), that Mexico is deliberately exporting criminals into the country, that vaccines cause autism, that "global warming" is a hoax invented for nefarious purposes, that voter fraud is a problem that immigrants are exploting, that Obama was won in because of dead voters (at least he claims that they overwhelming voted for Obama)...

Of course Trump is very smooth about it. All of his endorsements of these conspiracy theories aren't done entirely. There's always a level of evasiveness about it. If you like him, and you're fanboying, you can always say he didn't exactly, really, explicitly, fully and completely said that Obama was an African Muslim named Barry Sotowo... he only said that he'd heard that, and it might be true, and why hasn't Obama released the full form birth certificate (the green one), isn't he hiding something... I'm only saying....

Which is the way most conspiracy theorists talk (short of Alex Jones types and Coast to Coast Radio).

Either he buys into that stuff, or he intentionally is appealing to the kind of people who are. I don't know which of these are scarier. One implies a dangerous president, the other implies a conservative party that's lost its integrity.

I wonder if Trump isn't just using persuasion and negotiation techniques a lot. He makes an 'outrageous' opening statement to frame the negotiation, and then retreats to a 'more reasonable' position, which people can agree to. But perhaps the 'more reasonable' position is much closer to what Trump wanted from the start, than what the other party would have accepted if it was offered right away. I recommend a look at Scott Adams' blog (of 'Dilbert' fame) for lots on analysis of Trump's negotiating techniques.
        ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
          I wonder if Trump isn't just using persuasion and negotiation techniques a lot. He makes an 'outrageous' opening statement to frame the negotiation, and then retreats to a 'more reasonable' position, which people can agree to. But perhaps the 'more reasonable' position is much closer to what Trump wanted from the start, than what the other party would have accepted if it was offered right away. I recommend a look at Scott Adams' blog (of 'Dilbert' fame) for lots on analysis of Trump's negotiating techniques.
          The words you're looking for are "door in the face" technique.

Comment

Does not change anything. In this view Trump is still negotiating an unethical bigoted stereotyping accusation of the judge to achieve his own goals in the case.

Comment

And now... the rest of the story:

Source: Breitbart

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presid...ge-not-racist/

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                And now... the rest of the story:

Source: Breitbart

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presid...ge-not-racist/

Last edited by shunyadragon; 06-07-2016, 08:13 AM.

Comment

The judge is a member of an ethnic lawyer's advocacy group. Trump has taken positions on immigration by that ethnic group that that lawyer's group would likely oppose. That I think does raise at least the question of the judge's ability to be impartial in a case involving Trump.

Originally posted by Shunyadragon
                  I do not consider Breirbart hardly an unbiased source.

Virtually all the Republican Party leadership has seriously questioned or condemned Trumps actions in this case.
                  You reject Breitbart, but are quite happy with Kasich and Rubio?? NOt like they could possibly have any hard feelings towards Trump...

Originally posted by Shunyadragon
                  This is not the rest of the story . . . please come again with a less biased source that does not mistranslate 'la raza.' In this case 'la raza' does not translate as 'race.'

Originally posted by Reuters
                  Trump on Sunday repeated his attack on Curiel in an interview on CBS's "Face the Nation."

"He's a member of a club or society very strongly pro-Mexican, which is all fine. But I say he's got bias," Trump said in the interview.

"This judge has treated me very unfairly. He's treated me in a hostile manner, and there's something going on," he added.

The words "La Raza" translate from Spanish to mean "the race," which Trump fans cite as proof the NCLR is a group of people who hate anyone who isn't Hispanic.

Lisa Navarrete, an NCLR spokeswoman, rejected that interpretation, saying that "thousands" of groups had names that included "La Raza" as a "nod to our common heritage."

The attacks on the advocacy group are the latest signs of the increasing racial tension in the 2016 presidential race. Critics have said Trump's calls to deport undocumented immigrants and ban Muslims amount to racism. His supporters say he's defending the country from terrorism and violence.

Some supporters of the New York businessman have blamed the NCLR for the violent clashes between anti-Trump protesters and Trump fans at a San Jose, California, rally last week.

Source.

Obviously there is some confusion by some people between the lawyer's advocacy group and the National Council of La Raza (NCLR). Nonetheless, in the current political climate, I think Trump well within his rights to ask questions about the judge's impartiality.
                  ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                    First, there is nothing wrong nor extreme about the association "La Raza"...
                    Your ignorance is showing. A significant part of La Raza's mission is to aid and abet those who enter the US illegally and opposes any kind of policy that would make illegal entry more difficult.

15 things you should know about "The Race"

And, yes, the term "la raza" literally means "the race".

Source: Wikipedia

The Spanish term La Raza translates as "the Race", Spanish raza having the meaning of "race, ethnicity; breed, strain, lineage". The term expresses ethnic or racial pride, and is used with somewhat different shades of meaning in Spain and in Hispanic America.

Comment

Obviously there is some confusion by some people between the lawyer's advocacy group and the National Council of La Raza (NCLR). Nonetheless, in the current political climate, I think Trump well within his rights to ask questions about the judge's impartiality.
                      Not really, because NCLR and other similar "advocacy" groups have close ties to La Raza proper.

Source: The Daily Caller

http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/06/me...eir-community/

So, yes, Trump is 100% correct to question whether or not this is a judge who can give him a fair hearing.

Comment

Where was the outcry when Obama was called the "N" word, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          Your ignorance is showing. A significant part of La Raza's mission is to aid and abet those who enter the US illegally and opposes any kind of policy that would make illegal entry more difficult.

15 things you should know about "The Race"

And, yes, the term "la raza" literally means "the race".

Source: Wikipedia

The Spanish term La Raza translates as "the Race", Spanish raza having the meaning of "race, ethnicity; breed, strain, lineage". The term expresses ethnic or racial pride, and is used with somewhat different shades of meaning in Spain and in Hispanic America.

Comment

Actually he may be using this strategy in a bizzaro way his whole campaign. His ridiculous insulting, rude, abusive behavior may be ruse, and the end game may even more ridiculous and bizzaro where he makes a supposedly sincere deep tell all emotional heart felt apology for all his abuse and denigrating insults from McCain to the Judge, and maybe throw in a religious 'born again' conversion. The Republican Convention would be a good venue for this and enough would tearfully embrace Donnie Boy in all his glory, and they would ride off into the sunset holding hands, with a big rainbow on the right, and organs playing in the background.

Comment

Senator Kirk of Illinois considers Donnie's ethnic racist abuse of the Judge the 'last straw' and resends support.

Source: http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/donald-trump-receives-his-first-un-endorsement-n587416

Presumptive Republican nominee Donald Trump has received his first un-endorsement as the firestorm expands over his racially-focused attacks on a federal judge.

Sen. Mark Kirk, Republican of Illinois, released a statement Tuesday saying that Trump lacks "the temperament" necessary for the Oval Office.

"After much consideration, I have concluded that Donald Trump has not demonstrated the temperament necessary to assume the greatest office in the world," Kirk said in a statement.

Of course if 'good ol' Donnie makes emotional heart felt phooney staged apologies they turkey flock may flip flop again and follow the rail of corn kernels.
                              Last edited by shunyadragon; 06-07-2016, 05:57 PM.

Comment

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presid...ps-businesses/

Trump is right to call out this biased judge.

Comment