Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Hillary's Troubles Solidify

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    I think a likely possibility is that the Clintons are beginning to think about who they want in their cabinet etc, and probably Hillary is going around talking to everyone in the current administration about how interested they would be in staying on in their jobs in a Clinton presidency.

Hillary presumably knows that it would be way out of bounds for her to meet with Loretta Lynch herself at the moment. So she may have sent Bill to have that conversation. Even so, it's still an implicit bribe for Lynch - it's telling her that if she doesn't prosecute and lets Clinton win the presidency then she gets to keep her good job for as long as she wants it.
    Let's assume she did "send Bill"..... you think that's even a tiny bit appropriate under the circumstances? And you think that dangling a job before the very person who holds your own future in the balance is proper?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Starlight View Post
      I think a likely possibility is that the Clintons are beginning to think about who they want in their cabinet etc, and probably Hillary is going around talking to everyone in the current administration about how interested they would be in staying on in their jobs in a Clinton presidency.

Hillary presumably knows that it would be way out of bounds for her to meet with Loretta Lynch herself at the moment. So she may have sent Bill to have that conversation. Even so, it's still an implicit bribe for Lynch - it's telling her that if she doesn't prosecute and lets Clinton win the presidency then she gets to keep her good job for as long as she wants it.
      Actually, no. According to several people at the Phoenix Airport, the meeting was circumstantial when they bumped into each other on the tarmac in Phoenix while he was getting ready to depart Phoenix from being on Clinton Foundation business and she had just arrived for an official visit.

Source: http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/29/politics/bill-clinton-loretta-lynch/

According to a law enforcement official familiar with the matter, the former president saw Lynch's plane on the tarmac and walked onto her aircraft. Lynch's FBI security detail did not stop Clinton and he proceeded to initiate an extended conversation that included discussion of grandchildren. Lynch was surprised to see Clinton walking onto her plane, the official said, and no Justice Department business was discussed.

© Copyright Original Source

That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        Actually, no. According to several people at the Phoenix Airport, the meeting was circumstantial when they bumped into each other on the tarmac in Phoenix while he was getting ready to depart Phoenix from being on Clinton Foundation business and she had just arrived for an official visit.

According to a law enforcement official familiar with the matter, the former president saw Lynch's plane on the tarmac and walked onto her aircraft. Lynch's FBI security detail did not stop Clinton and he proceeded to initiate an extended conversation that included discussion of grandchildren. Lynch was surprised to see Clinton walking onto her plane, the official said, and no Justice Department business was discussed.

So, yeah, ON HER PLANE..... The Clintons don't believe that any laws or rules of decorum apply to them.... they are the ultimate elitists.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post

Lynch or her aides should have immediately recognized that at the very least such a meeting creates an appearance of impropriety and avoided it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Lynch or her aides should have immediately recognized that at the very least such a meeting creates an appearance of impropriety and avoided it.
            That was my initial reaction, but he is, indeed, a former POTUS, and it would be hard for an aide to stop him.... and it probably really surprised and flustered Lynch. But, yeah, somebody should have pointed out the impropriety of this, and not allowed it to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Hold that thought.....

They "bumped into" each other ON HER PLANE. Not just in the concourse, or on the tarmac.

WOW! You're probably one of the few who believed Bill Clinton's "I did not have sekshule relations with that woman" statement!
              Are there people who actually believe he wasn't getting some? Seriously?????
              A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
              George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                Are there people who actually believe he wasn't getting some? Seriously?????
                During the early years of his Administration -- after admitting to having had some affairs -- there were a couple guests on a "talking heads" show (where pundits express their opinions) adamantly denying that Bill ever cheated on Hillary. It was all Republican lies and dirty tricks. You know, what Hillary would call "the vast right wing conspiracy."

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

During the early years of his Administration -- after admitting to having had some affairs -- there were a couple guests on a "talking heads" show (where pundits express their opinions) adamantly denying that Bill ever cheated on Hillary. It was all Republic lies and dirty tricks.
                  And he had CABINET LEVEL government officials proclaiming his innocence!

Comment

• Voting for Hillary might force me to go against as much as 50% of my conscience. But voting for Donald would force me to go against 100% of my conscience.

I think Hillary is ultimately a decent person who unfortunately evinces a "ends justify the means" attitude sometimes. Donald, on the other hand, just isn't a decent person. Hillary is quite possibly a criminal. Donald is quite probably a criminal.

I wish there was a way to know reasonable Republicans won't vote for Donald out of party loyalty, so I could vote third-party and soothe my conscience altogether.
                    Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

• Originally posted by fm93 View Post
                      Voting for Hillary might force me to go against as much as 50% of my conscience. But voting for Donald would force me to go against 100% of my conscience.

I think Hillary is ultimately a decent person...
                      You really should speak with the staff who has worked for her, and the secret service personnel who protected her. You'd think anybody with half a brain would know better than to denigrate and ostracize the very people entrusted with keeping her alive.

But, then, you may have a different definition of the word "decent".

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        you may have a different definition of the word "decent".
                        Being better than Donald, which she is.

Granted, that's not a difficult bar to hurdle.
                        Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

According to the reporter, Christopher Sign of ABC 15 in Phoenix, Arizona, who broke the story about Bill Clinton and Loretta Lynch's half hour long private meeting (that's a lot of talking about grandchildren there ), the FBI agents accompanying them warned reporters not to take pictures. Is that the FBI's job?

And since when doesn't a politician not want their picture taken? The old joke about the most dangerous place in the world being between a politician and a camera comes to mind. I mean why, if it was all perfectly legitimate, would they object to pictures being taken and using the FBI to enforce it?

Oh, and it appears that the FBI agents investigating Hillary are livid over this meeting.

Source: FBI Source to Fox News: Agents Are 'Livid' About Clinton-Lynch Meeting

FBI agents are "livid" about Attorney General Loretta Lynch's meeting with Bill Clinton, Fox News chief intelligence correspondent Catherine Herridge reported today on Outnumbered.

Herridge said that, according to a well-placed FBI source, the agents are not just upset about the poor optics of the meeting.

She explained that Bill Clinton is a potential witness because the FBI is separately investigating corruption allegations against the Clinton Foundation.

Source

I wonder what they think of their fellow agents acting to enforce a no cameras rule during that meeting.

Comment

Being better than Donald, which she is.

Granted, that's not a difficult bar to hurdle.
                            Oh, so "decent" just means "better than Donald".

wow

Comment

I wish there was a way to know reasonable Republicans won't vote for Donald out of party loyalty, so I could vote third-party and soothe my conscience altogether.
                              Many Republicans do hate Trump; at least the establishment ones. They've even said they'd rather have Hillary because she's part of the establishment as well. It's the mass populous that express support for Trump because they're angry and don't give crap about party politics anymore. It's the exact same populous sentiment that led to Brexit. And I think the liberals are far more disgraceful (or just outright more deluded) than the Trump supporters. They actually had an anti-establishment alternative to Hillary in Bernie, who had a good chance of beating Hillary, yet they chose Hillary. Trump supporters really had no such anti-establishment option that had a chance. Liberals are far more pathetic in that scenario.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                                Many Republicans do hate Trump;
                                Personally, I don't hate Trump, and think he's a big gamble ... Hillary, on the other hand, is a known quantity which I believe is worse than Trump.

Comment