Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Federal Gun Registry Coming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal Gun Registry Coming?

Hawaii could be first to put gun owners in federal database

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Don't worry too much.....

Although car drivers, motorcycle riders, vehicle owners, dentists, doctors, all professionals, child minders and mostly every trade is registered in the US et al, gun registration beyond conceal-carry licences probably won't happen.

The cost of 85 lives a day is the price of gun freedom, but you shall have gun freedom. imo.

Comment

Originally posted by eider View Post

Although car drivers, motorcycle riders, vehicle owners, dentists, doctors, all professionals, child minders and mostly every trade is registered in the US et al, gun registration beyond conceal-carry licences probably won't happen.

The cost of 85 lives a day is the price of gun freedom, but you shall have gun freedom. imo.
      That's right. It is better than not having freedom and losing more lives each day. Good observation there.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
        That's right. It is better than not having freedom and losing more lives each day. Good observation there.
        Fair enough.
        What I can't understand is why the US insists on driving licences, car insurance etc.
        After all, gun insurance is not mandatory........

Comment

So gun registration will:

- Prevent criminals from shooting people.
          - Prevent people from shooting themselves, on purpose (AKA suicide by gun).
          - Prevent children from accidentally shooting others/themselves.

How? Please explain.
          Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 05-24-2016, 06:21 PM.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Fair enough.
            What I can't understand is why the US insists on driving licences, car insurance etc.
            Because 2/3rds of US gun deaths are caused by suicide while most car accidents are not?
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Fair enough.
              If all cars were kept in the owners' garages, or on their own property, there would be no reason to license them. And the only reason you would insure them is against loss due to fire or theft or such.

If I keep my guns in my own home, why is it any of your business - or the government's - that I own them?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Citation, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  If all cars were kept in the owners' garages, or on their own property, there would be no reason to license them. And the only reason you would insure them is against loss due to fire or theft or such.

If I keep my guns in my own home, why is it any of your business - or the government's - that I own them?
                  What good is a car if you have to keep it in a garage all the time?
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                    What good is a car if you have to keep it in a garage all the time?
                    Depends on the car. Imagine buying, in 2016, a '65 Mustang that had been in a garage all its life.

But I also said "or on their own property".... I know people who have pickup trucks that are not licensed - they use them entirely on their own farms or ranches.

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                      So gun registration will:

- Prevent criminals from shooting people.
                      - Prevent people from shooting themselves, on purpose (AKA suicide by gun).
                      - Prevent children from accidentally shooting others/themselves.

How? Please explain.
                      Whooooaaaa up there!
                      Gosh....... you sure do wanna fight somebody today, or so it seems... :)
                      But not me matey! :)

If you read my post rather than glancing at it you will notice stuff like:-
                      ................gun registration beyond conceal-carry licences probably won't happen.
                      ...................... you shall have gun freedom. imo.

and of course most States require permits for conceal-carry, and you will have gun freedom forever, because there are over 300 million guns washing around in the USA and no amount of legislation could clear that lot up in a hundred years, is my guess.

But you did ask questions, and I feel duty bound to do my best to answer, because I like you... :)

If you personally check out gun deaths per annum in Europe, and then the USA, that could help Q1
                      If you check out suicides by gun in Europe and then USA, that might help.
                      If you look at gun accidents per annum in the US, and then ask yourself whether the injured victims got full compensation, full and paid hospital treatment, full costs and expenmses etc, and then look at a stat like:-
                      http://www.justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp#accidents
                      In 2007, there were 613 fatal firearm accidents in the United States
                      In 2007, there were roughly 15,698 emergency room visits for non-fatal firearm accidents,

........ I mean, suppose you got shot while out shopping because some idiot diodn't know his gun was loaded etc etc, wopuld you like that person to be insured? Easy, isn't it?

As a last mention, because of all those guns, everywhere, your police do have to point and shoot sometimes, in fact US police shoot more people in about a month than Brit police have needed to shoot in one hundred years...... quite a stat, that.

But you won't lose your guns....... absolutely not.

Comment

No probs!
                        So you are never going to take your gun outside your home..... no probs!
                        I have items in my home which I would never carry beyond my boundaries as well. Quite legal.

But if you wanted to conceal-carry to your local restaurant (a guy I know in Michigan conceal-carrkies everywhere!) then you might need to register and licence-up, yes? And if a person is smart they'll obtain 3rd party insurance as well. Good stuff.... insurance.

Comment

Citation, please.
                          I checked....... and I'm very very sorry.
                          It ain't 85 gun deaths per day. I was wrong.
                          It's 91.....
                          https://everytownresearch.org/gun-vi...y-the-numbers/
                          91 killings per day

Can't you investigate this stuff yourself? ...just askin'

Comment

I checked....... and I'm very very sorry.
                            It ain't 85 gun deaths per day. I was wrong.
                            It's 91.....
                            https://everytownresearch.org/gun-vi...y-the-numbers/
                            91 killings per day
                            We're moving today - will look at this later.

Can't you investigate this stuff yourself? ...just askin'
                            I shouldn't have to do your homework.

Comment

We're moving today - will look at this later.
                              Hope the move goes ok. I hate moving... really stressy time.

I shouldn't have to do your homework.
                              It's not my homework, it's yours....... your home, your land, your decisions, your votes.
                              I just noticed this stuff and remembered it.

Comment