Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

THIS is what we are warning you all about!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
    Had it been illegal, he would have still been in there. This is a stupid argument.
    Had it been illegal, someone might not have been afraid to stop him if they had seen him go in. Yours is the stupid argument.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      Are you purposely being obtuse?

Men going into bathrooms designated for females and assaulting a female. In this case, a little girl. How hard can this be for you?

It could happen regardless of how the bathroom is designated, but legally allowing men to enter women's bathrooms is going to produce this kind of result.

This is why the reasoning is stupid. It's irrelevant. This result already exists. It obviously doesn't matter who's allowed in there or not. Gerbz is correct: "The larger point is that children under a certain age should be accompanied to public restrooms regardless of where we land on the current ridiculous issue."
      I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Are you purposely being obtuse?

Men going into bathrooms designated for females and assaulting a female. In this case, a little girl. How hard can this be for you?

It could happen regardless of how the bathroom is designated, but legally allowing men to enter women's bathrooms is going to produce this kind of result.

The law doesn't allow 'men' (yes I know) to enter bathrooms. I'm afraid the argument of this op doesn't quite work. He sounds like a predator, and there's nothing to indicate that things would have been different in the past.

Comment

Had it been illegal, someone might not have been afraid to stop him if they had seen him go in. Yours is the stupid argument.
          And they might have been afraid to stop him.

Or, more likely, no one even noticed him going in there. Which would be unsurprising if the bathrooms are empty and down a hall together like they are almost everywhere.
          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Regardless we are done with Public School forever. And Texas or North Carolina sound ok right now.....
            A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
              Not Texas?
              So FAR, we're good here - and I think it helped that we fought back against that woman Mayor who tried to have Pastors' sermons subpoena'd. So, yeah, I'm good here!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                The bible tells us that things will get worse.
                Yeah, and people would often tell me "cheer up, things could get worse", and, sure enough, they often did.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  So FAR, we're good here - and I think it helped that we fought back against that woman Mayor who tried to have Pastors' sermons subpoena'd. So, yeah, I'm good here!
                  You'd need a really, really good reason to justify that sort of thing. Like inciting a riot level stuff.
                  I'm not here anymore.

Comment

If you find a country where the truth will be allowed, let me know.
                    One person's "truth" is another person's religious superstition. We certainly don't want to impose the latter upon innocent children before they're of an age to critically evaluate the information otherwise one could be accused of religious indoctrination and that's a very bad thing.

Comment

Funny, there's so few things I'm actually in agreement with the far right on. This happens to be one of them. I don't necessarily always agree on tactics, but with this is its like HOW THE #(*#(*#&(&$*@#(*&(@&# AM I SUPPOSED TO KEEP MY LITTLE GIRLS SAFE FROM CRAZY OVERSEXUALIZED PEOPLE?!?!?!??!?!
                      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                        Funny, there's so few things I'm actually in agreement with the far right on. This happens to be one of them. I don't necessarily always agree on tactics, but with this is its like HOW THE #(*#(*#&(&$*@#(*&(@&# AM I SUPPOSED TO KEEP MY LITTLE GIRLS SAFE FROM CRAZY OVERSEXUALIZED PEOPLE?!?!?!??!?!
                        Well, if you were smart, you would do what most parents do, you would accompany your little girls to the public rest room. Gender specific bathrooms aren't going to stop sexual predators. I don't think that this issue is about child molesters anyway, thats just the tactic of fear used by the right wing to rile up their naive backward thinking constituency. Open your eyes, transgendered people do exist, get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                          One person's "truth" is another person's religious superstition. We certainly don't want to impose the latter upon innocent children before they're of an age to critically evaluate the information otherwise one could be accused of religious indoctrination and that's a very bad thing.
                          Or, children could be deprived of the hope of Christ and told there is no God, and that would be a worse thing.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                            Well, if you were smart...
                            Oh, the Iron E!

Comment

Or, children could be deprived of the hope of Christ and told there is no God, and that would be a worse thing.
                              I don't think children could care less, let them grow up before brainwashing them so that they can think and decide for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                                I don't think children could care less, let them grow up before brainwashing them so that they can think and decide for themselves.

Fine. Let them grow up before teaching them about the THEORY of evolution, and how to put a condom on a banana, and how big oil companies are destroying the world through climate change, and how it's ok to feel like you are a boy one day and change your mind the next and in so doing become a victim because you can't use the potty with the other sign on the door, etc. So that they can think and decide got themselves.

Instead of starting to teach some of that crap in kindergarten.

You keep your bull away from my kids and I will keep mine away from yours, ok?

Unfortunately, the double standard strikes again. Because your bull is taught to my kids every day, from a very young age, at a public school. And not one word about how Gid wants us to live is allowed in those same "hallowed halls".
                                Last edited by mossrose; 05-14-2016, 09:47 AM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment