Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Democrat Party is the 1% Party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
    And to vote for them, I would actually have to want one of THEM to win as well. I don't know that I agree with any of the other "platforms" either... We'll see. I have to look closer at them before I decide.
    I am third party not strictly because I want them to win, I do not see the Libertarians winning, but to increase votes outside of the "two parties."
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      They will retain control for a while longer.
      Yes, until the November Congressional elections.

It's been low for quite some time. People are growing more and more disgruntled with government in general... hence Trump. But it's mainly the Federal level In fact, 7 out of the top 8 highest approval ratings for Governors are Republicans. So, don't be so quick to throw the GOP under the bus because people hate their national representatives.
      Not as low as it has been recently.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...obstruct-obama

The nation survived it just fine. And it was Obama's fault that they settled on the last resort. He's been absolutely unwilling to compromise on anything of consequence, to the detriment the nation.
      Yet, most Republican state governors and legislatures have a generally favorable polling, so your assumption that it is anti-GOP itself is demonstrably false.
      Yes, we saw that during the primaries.

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      heck I think Canada and Mexico will build their own walls, if they are smart.
      ...and get the US to pay. Good point!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        Yes, until the November Congressional elections.
        In your dreams. The Republicans will maintain control of both. They MAY lose a few House seats, but not the majority.

Not as low as it has been recently.
        Actually, it's up 8 points from the low in late '13, so approval has nearly doubled, and the Republicans are still in charge.

The fact is that Obama received the mandate to govern
        Mandate to govern...

and was obstructed by the GOP at every turn from day one.
        Horse pocky. The Tea Party made their fame on showing how the establishment Repubs were letting Obama have his way. Any suggestion to the contrary is mere historical revisionism.

As a REACTION to his bull-in-a-china-shop policies.

You reckon!
        Yes. There are no long term negatives of the shutdown.

No we aren't. We are seeing the fruit of the old guard GOP laying down and letting Obama run roughshod over them.

I agree. They did nothing to stop Obama from stacking the SCOTUS with liberals, forcing the military to accept open gays and threaten anyone who dissented, failing to rip the crappy ACA apart. and a host of other ruinous policies. They laid down like lap dogs.

They did nothing to counter the 8 years of Tea Party ideological crap that the nation was forced to endure as part of their futile attempt to block Obama.
        This is typical liberal outsider claptrap. The Tea Party was the only one trying to obstruct Obama's dangerous agenda, and the establishment Repubs stabbed them in the back. That political decision has come home to roost. THAT is why Trump has come to the forefront, because the establishment Republicans are spineless cowards who let Obama have his way raping the once great country.

And the consequence was that the GOP self-destructed whilst Obama has emerged with increased popularity and paved the way for Clinton.
        No it hasn't. The establishment GOP was exposed for the frauds they are. The state GOPs are more popular than ever!

Yes, we saw that during the primaries.
        The state governors had nothing to do with the Presidential primaries The GOP is doing just fine. The top establishment has lost contact with the roots and, as with any living thing, it is dying, not the ones still connected with the roots.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• It is not inconceivable that the Republicans could lose control of the Senate.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

In your dreams. The Republicans will maintain control of both. They MAY lose a few House seats, but not the majority.

Actually, it's up 8 points from the low in late '13, so approval has nearly doubled, and the Republicans are still in charge.

Mandate to govern...

Horse pocky. The Tea Party made their fame on showing how the establishment Repubs were letting Obama have his way. Any suggestion to the contrary is mere historical revisionism.

As a REACTION to his bull-in-a-china-shop policies.

Yes. There are no long term negatives of the shutdown.

No we aren't. We are seeing the fruit of the old guard GOP laying down and letting Obama run roughshod over them.

I agree. They did nothing to stop Obama from stacking the SCOTUS with liberals, forcing the military to accept open gays and threaten anyone who dissented, failing to rip the crappy ACA apart. and a host of other ruinous policies. They laid down like lap dogs.

This is typical liberal outsider claptrap. The Tea Party was the only one trying to obstruct Obama's dangerous agenda, and the establishment Repubs stabbed them in the back. That political decision has come home to roost. THAT is why Trump has come to the forefront, because the establishment Republicans are spineless cowards who let Obama have his way raping the once great country.

No it hasn't. The establishment GOP was exposed for the frauds they are. The state GOPs are more popular than ever!

The state governors had nothing to do with the Presidential primaries The GOP is doing just fine. The top establishment has lost contact with the roots and, as with any living thing, it is dying, not the ones still connected with the roots.
            http://www.electionprojection.com/pr...-elections.phphttp://fortune.com/2015/12/16/predic...ocrats-senate/

Comment

• "Blinkered"? What am I? A car?

Until the day the lever is pulled, people can say whatever they want. I'm expecting Hillary to be indicted by November.

Again, time will tell.
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

"Blinkered"? What am I? A car?

Until the day the lever is pulled, people can say whatever they want. I'm expecting Hillary to be indicted by November.

Again, time will tell.
                And remember, these were the same people that failed to predict the massive republican victory in 2014, failed to predict the Israel conservative victory last year, and the British conservative party victory last year. It should become pretty obvious that they don't know what they are talking about since they keep failing to accurately predict election victories here in the US and in other parts of the world. Conservative parties are actually winning victories across the west (the AfD made huge gains, in Germany, just a few months ago). If anything Tazzy Wazzy is just showing how he really wishes things to be true that simply are not true. Even the New York Times has been forced to admit that recent election predictions have been wrong.
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

"Blinkered"? What am I? A car?
                  BLINKERED: "1. Having or showing a narrow or limited outlook: a blinkered attitude." Oxford Dictionary. "1. narrow-minded and subjective; unwilling to understand another viewpoint." Dictionary.com

As per the partisan $7 million Bengazi fiasco you mean? And then we can all enjoy the Trump University hearings...won't that be fun?

Again, time will tell.
                  It's already told us that the GOP is fractured, perhaps fatally.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                    BLINKERED: "1. Having or showing a narrow or limited outlook: a blinkered attitude." Oxford Dictionary. "1. narrow-minded and subjective; unwilling to understand another viewpoint." Dictionary.com
                    Then I am most certainly not. Coming to a conclusion based on the evidence is not a narrow outlook.

As per the partisan $7 million Bengazi fiasco you mean?
                    Different circumstances. Benghazi was her failing to do her job and her feigning ignorance. It ended up being a he said-she said. This is completely different. I explained why to Lao, so I am not going to repeat myself.

And then we can all enjoy the Trump University hearings...won't that be fun?
                    Now THAT is purely political and you know it. You have people who registered for a bunch of training classes that puts out up front that it is no guarantee of success, and then they sue when they didn't succeed.

It's already told us that the GOP is fractured, perhaps fatally.
                    As I said, sometimes things need to be pruned
                    That's what
                    - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Now that Trump has the Republicans, he is now going after the Democrats, by saying he will raise taxes on the Rich. Sort of. he is being a bit vague as usual, but it is clear he is trying to please both sides.

http://nypost.com/2016/05/09/it-took...s-on-the-rich/

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        Now that Trump has the Republicans, he is now going after the Democrats, by saying he will raise taxes on the Rich. Sort of. he is being a bit vague as usual, but it is clear he is trying to please both sides.

He said the same thing in the campaign. Said it back in August: http://money.cnn.com/2015/08/27/news...lan/index.html
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          Now that Trump has the Republicans, he is now going after the Democrats, by saying he will raise taxes on the Rich. Sort of. he is being a bit vague as usual, but it is clear he is trying to please both sides.

I saw that interview with George Snuffalupagus on the tele. Trump was telling Snuffy that he would propose his plan the same way he negotiated his business deals. Start off way lower than you actually want, and then give and take where you can to come to an agreement. He seemed like he was telling Snuffy that he was definitely willing to negotiate, but he really wanted to make sure the tax cuts for the middle class would remain throughout the negotiations.
                          That's what
                          - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment