Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Oh The Horror - "Jesus Lunch!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh The Horror - "Jesus Lunch!"

Why do liberals hate free speech so much?

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/...sus-lunch.html
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Is the park owned by the middle school?

Comment

The school, of course, maintains that it leases the park during school hours, therefore the park is an extension of its campus, and subject to campus rules. The pushback is that it is a non-exclusive lease which does not prohibit free speech.

In some of the articles on this, the objection is to the 'quality of food', and concern for the students' health and safety. (have you ever eaten "school food? )

Supposedly, the school has an "open campus" policy with regards to lunch, so students can go off campus to McDonalds or several other local places to eat lunch.

I just wonder how adamant the school officials would be if this were a Muslim event, instead of a "Jesus Lunch".
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
        No, they apparently have a lease of the park during school hours.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
          It is a public park. The school does lease a portion of it during school hours, but that does not restrict the public from using it.
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            I just wonder how adamant the school officials would be if this were a Muslim event, instead of a "Jesus Lunch".
            That would be a wonderful cultural event highlighting diversity...

But I fond this interesting:

Really, these poor little snowflakes! I hoped they are not permanently harmed!
            Last edited by seer; 04-17-2016, 07:22 AM.

Comment

The schools should tell the objecting students that they need to learn to be tolerant of other views and stop being so bigoted. Those that skip out of school should be told they need to attend a class in sensitivity training before being allowed back in.

After all isn't that pretty much the standard procedure these days for situations like this?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                That would be a wonderful cultural event highlighting diversity...

But I fond this interesting:

Really, these poor little snowflakes! I hoped they are not permanently harmed!
                I guess that explains the sometimes 500 students attending voluntarily.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

the food preparation excuse doesn't work since they allow the students off campus and don't police the food preparation of any place else they might eat, nor do they prohibit the students from bringing their own lunches, or sharing and trading those lunches among themselves.

and why would any other students care about something happening in the park? they dont have to attend or even listen. that sounds made up to me. or some students being manipulative because they dislike christianity.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

...or some students being manipulative because they dislike christianity.
                    Ya think?

As I said, suggest to them they need to learn to be more tolerant and accepting of those with different beliefs and watch them go apoplectic.

Also I would like to know what sort of action the school authorities will be taking against the teacher who physically confronted them.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

My guess is if it was a "LGBT Lunch" it would be mandatory...
                      "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                        My guess is if it was a "LGBT Lunch" it would be mandatory...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                          Why do liberals hate free speech so much?
                          This is not about free speech. Bribing kids with food so that they can be brainwashed with ridiculous Jesus lies is child abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                            This is not about free speech. Bribing kids with food so that they can be brainwashed with ridiculous Jesus lies is child abuse.
                            And reading your posts is an excellent treatment for insomnia.
                            That's what
                            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                              I especially like the part where these moms drive onto campus in black vans, put pillow case over the heads of these poor unsuspecting students, and drag them against their will to the park to force them to eat something other than school cafeteria food!

Comment