Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Why I Trust Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I Trust Trump

Does this article make sense to you?

http://www.americanthinker.com/artic...ust_trump.html

That is an interesting article. Thank you for posting it. And everything listed is why I will not vote for Donald Trump and more.
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

Comment

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

How so?

It's an allusion to a line in this speech.

The link is slow loading and requires a bit of scrolling down.

Comment

Absolutely mandatory reading for anyone who wants to be informed of the real Donald Trump.
          John, why did you choose a thread title that so deceptively shouts that you support Trump when the opposite is true? Who here reads links?
          Near the Peoples' Republic of Davis, south of the State of Jefferson (Suspended between Left and Right)

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
            Absolutely mandatory reading for anyone who wants to be informed of the real Donald Trump.
            John, why did you choose a thread title that so deceptively shouts that you support Trump when the opposite is true? Who here reads links?
            The thread title is the title of the article. I used it for the same reason the author of the article used it: Were it not for the "so deceptively shouts that you support Trump" nature of the title, I would never have clicked on the link at The American Thinker.

Who reads links? You read this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
              It's called "click bait". A website sets up an article, or link of some kind with a name they know will grab attention. It works(well, a lot anyway), so people keep using that strategy.

Comment

It didn't work for this thread--the other "Trump" thread has all the replies.
                Near the Peoples' Republic of Davis, south of the State of Jefferson (Suspended between Left and Right)

Comment

a lot of people will vote for trump just to piss off the liberals. others will vote for him because they cant stand either sanders or clinton.

this election is the worst ever as far as candidates on either side goes. the USA is in trouble no matter who wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    a lot of people will vote for trump just to piss off the liberals. others will vote for him because they cant stand either sanders or clinton.

this election is the worst ever as far as candidates on either side goes. the USA is in trouble no matter who wins.
                    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/
                    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                    -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                      Tempting (honestly). I wonder what it would cost to move there...
                      I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

The ONLY hope I hold out if Trump gets elected is that the Republicans might finally wake up and realize how out of touch they are (though I doubt it). It's also possible that the Democrats will realize how far left they've gone, and how many Democrats they have abandoned with their leftist agenda.

Again, my Dad was a dyed in the wool Democrat, but I remember the day he very sadly admitted, "The Democrat Party used to be the "God and Country" party, but they have abandoned us".

ETA: It's like BOTH parties have gone to the extreme left and right, ushering in beautiful opportunity for a centrist third party.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          ...the Republicans might finally wake up and realize how out of touch they are (though I doubt it)
                          I couldn't agree more. I'm curious, though, where you think they're out of touch.
                          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            The ONLY hope I hold out if Trump gets elected is that the Republicans might finally wake up and realize how out of touch they are (though I doubt it). It's also possible that the Democrats will realize how far left they've gone, and how many Democrats they have abandoned with their leftist agenda.

Again, my Dad was a dyed in the wool Democrat, but I remember the day he very sadly admitted, "The Democrat Party used to be the "God and Country" party, but they have abandoned us".

ETA: It's like BOTH parties have gone to the extreme left and right, ushering in beautiful opportunity for a centrist third party.
                            This isn't how it looks to me. On issues that are major factors such as monetary policy, corny capitalism, global trade, military engagement, foreign policy, much of the left and right have merged, hence what represents "establishment politics." This is why the populace is rebelling against the establishment status quo, and why Trump and Bernie -- who actually represent the extreme left and right -- are so popular.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                              This is why the populace is rebelling against the establishment status quo, and why Trump and Bernie -- who actually represent the extreme left and right -- are so popular.
                              If you had said "Cruz" there instead of "Trump", it would have made more sense to me. I don't see how Trump is on the extreme right. I don't even see how he qualifies as a conservative.

(Mind you, I'd rather have a moderate than a strong conservative or liberal, but Trump is way too flaky for me to take seriously.)
                              Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment