Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Antonin Scalia has died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
    I get it now -- your moniker is meant to be sarcastic.
    Nope.
    Blog: Atheism and the City

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post

So says the same person that:

- Tries to insist that an obvious joke is serious.
      - Can't admit he's wrong about a simple dictionary definition.
      - Made a huge mistake in trying to use the Samaritans and their views towards women witnesses as evidence for the Roman's views towards women witnesses.
      - Couldn't bring himself to admit to a simple spelling mistakes without making a dig at every Christian.
      - Takes every opportunity he can to insult Christians and all of Christianity.

That's just a short list of all the mistakes and errors you've made that you've tried to ignore and cover up. Projection is so powerful, when you desperately want to be right, but are too full of your own pride to admit you made a single mistake.

- You didn't get my joke about people working at Walmart as obvious, so you're a hypocrite here.
      - I wasn't wrong about the word definition. The way and context that you use words matters. And the way you used it was open to many interpretations.
      - I was not comparing Samaritans to the Romans. The Romans have nothing to do with anything I wrote. That is your imagination and flaw. My point was on the fact that the women who found the tomb according to the story were not testifying in court and so the rules of women testifying in a Jewish court (which is sexist) don't apply. So you have no argument here.
      - What's wrong with saying Jesus wasn't perfect? It's a fact. You like to insult just as much, if not more than I do, so are you being a hypocrite again?
      - I don't always insult Christians and Christianity, although sometimes this is deserved. Like with you.

Now as far as having a rational debate, you obviously don't want one. If you do you can start with logically explaining why the tomb being found by women in any way negates my claim that the Bible is sexist, both OT and NT. Explain the logical connection there.

Is that between the fictional accounts of people snorting coke and the 'I'm not making an argument for abortion, but here's an argument for abortion anyway' post?
      That wasn't an argument for abortion. And there are others you obviously completely ignored and are being dishonest. Probably because they were above your reading level and because you know you have no argument here again.

If your whole worldview rests on a particular claim being true, you damn well better have evidence for it. You should have tons of evidence.

Comment

It's what he thinks of himself; while he keeps proving he has the intelligence of a grape fruit.
        Except the fact that this "grape fruit" constantly shows how you make no sense.

Go ahead and make the logical connection between "women finding a tomb" and "Christianity is therefore not sexist."

Comment

• Originally posted by The Thinker View Post
          - You didn't get my joke about people working at Walmart as obvious, so you're a hypocrite here.
          And my point, yet again, zooms over your little head again. I don't have an issue with jokes, moron. I have an issue with the scope. Judging by your post though, you likely do not understand that because you don't bother to understand your opponents.

- I wasn't wrong about the word definition. The way and context that you use words matters. And the way you used it was open to many interpretations.
          In other words, despite the fact that the dictionary definition does agree with me, it doesn't matter because you do not have the capacity to admit to any sort of error. No matter how tiny.

- I was not comparing Samaritans to the Romans. The Romans have nothing to do with anything I wrote. That is your imagination and flaw. My point was on the fact that the women who found the tomb according to the story were not testifying in court and so the rules of women testifying in a Jewish court (which is sexist) don't apply. So you have no argument here.
          If a women isn't capable of being a witness in court, why should her witness be trusted in other matters? Wow, this whole 'thinking' thing is beyond your black/white fundy atheist brain, isn't it? Although it's cute to watch you scream, 'WAAA SEXIST!' because I wasn't aware that the Jews believing X means that the Bible must agree with it too. Please, stop embarrassing atheist.

- What's wrong with saying Jesus wasn't perfect? It's a fact. You like to insult just as much, if not more than I do, so are you being a hypocrite again?
          Yet again moron, you don't understand my objection and you therefore end up making strawman. I'm not the one making digs at entire groups of people, you are. How many times do I need to repeat that point until your black/white fundy atheist brain will absorb it?

- I don't always insult Christians and Christianity, although sometimes this is deserved. Like with you.
          Yeah you do and it is apparent on everything you say. What is the purpose of making a dig at every Christian? To insult every Christian, but yet again, your black/white fundy atheist brain doesn't seem to understand that, like you don't understand anything else your opponents say.

Now as far as having a rational debate, you obviously don't want one. If you do you can start with logically explaining why the tomb being found by women in any way negates my claim that the Bible is sexist, both OT and NT. Explain the logical connection there.
          Already did moron, you can't refute it so you're trying to deflect and make your claims into giant mountains that you've already proved and others must refute your bald assertions. You asserted Christianity is sexist, you have not backed up this claim, but asserted it and expect others to do your work for you. Sorry, you made the claim, now back it up. I'm waiting...

That wasn't an argument for abortion. And there are others you obviously completely ignored and are being dishonest. Probably because they were above your reading level and because you know you have no argument here again.

Of course it wasn't because you're a hack trying to work your way out of having to defend your claims. As usual though, you present things in a black/white way and ignore the shades that exist between those two extremes. Your post of, "DUH WHAT IF ILLEGAL WOMEN GOT PREGNANT!" ignores those shades. Natural born citizen is one born in the US, there's no law against deporting pregnant women. Likewise, why can't one debate the idea notion of a 'natural born citizen' is old and outdated? As always though, your present things in a black/white manner and ignore the shades of gray that exist in between (much as you do with your 'libertarian free will' stupidity). Sorry non-thinker, but you're no deep thinker and you keep proving that every time you post something.
          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Except the fact that this "grape fruit" constantly shows how you make no sense.
            If that delusion helps you, go with it.

Go ahead and make the logical connection between "women finding a tomb" and "Christianity is therefore not sexist."
            Trying to put others on the spot, for your inability to back up your stupidity, eh? Sorry moron, you made the claim, I gave some pieces of evidence that proves otherwise. You're too stupid to refute it, so you resort to ad hominems to make up for your lack of arguments. I'm waiting, back up your claim that Christianity is sexist. I gave several articles, with dozens of sources that refute all of your claims. You claim it's wrong and refuse to debate any of the issues beyond ad hominem's to make up for your lack of thought.
            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
              I get it now -- your moniker is meant to be sarcastic.
              I see it more as unintended irony.
              Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

.....you don't bother to understand your opponents.
                Oh really? OK, then show me the logical connection between "women finding a tomb" and "Christianity is therefore not sexist." I want to understand you better.

Comment

If that delusion helps you, go with it.
                  Right, coming from the person who can't even explain the "logic" of their own argument.

Trying to put others on the spot, for your inability to back up your stupidity, eh? Sorry moron, you made the claim, I gave some pieces of evidence that proves otherwise. You're too stupid to refute it, so you resort to ad hominems to make up for your lack of arguments. I'm waiting, back up your claim that Christianity is sexist. I gave several articles, with dozens of sources that refute all of your claims. You claim it's wrong and refuse to debate any of the issues beyond ad hominem's to make up for your lack of thought.
                  No, it's their inability to back up their stupidity. You didn't actually provide evidence, you made a logical non-sequitor, then patted yourself on the back and said "I sure showed that atheist alright!" And as far as ad hominems, all you do is call me a moron while you make little to no argument.

As far as sexism, do we agree that sexism is defined as "prejudice or discrimination based on a person's sex or gender"? As far as your "refutation" I already told you it is a logical non-sequitor to claim that "women finding a tomb" is evidence that "Christianity is therefore not sexist." The ball is in your court to show the logical connection, which you haven't done. Otherwise you're wasting my time, as always. I don't need to resort to insults, that's your playbook, and very typically in the style of the angry internet Christian.

Comment

Oh really? OK, then show me the logical connection between "women finding a tomb" and "Christianity is therefore not sexist." I want to understand you better.
                    I already explained what I said to you time and time again and you just ignore my answer and ask again. Is your black/white, fundy atheist brain, on overload because you're incapable of supporting your claim that Christianity is sexist?
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Right, coming from the person who can't even explain the "logic" of their own argument.
                      I already explained it to you over and over again. It's not my fault you're too stupid to understand basic English and trying to distract from your own lack of arguments. What's the problem; are you incapable of supporting your claims and hoping putting me on the spot will distract from your lack of evidence and support for your bald assertions?

No, it's their inability to back up their stupidity. You didn't actually provide evidence, you made a logical non-sequitor, then patted yourself on the back and said "I sure showed that atheist alright!" And as far as ad hominems, all you do is call me a moron while you make little to no argument.
                      In other words, you're too stupid to refute it and hoping that if you throw up enough smoke and mirrors, nobody will see you running away from having to defend your claims. You made the claim that Christianity was sexist and tried to make that position is default and that it didn't need evidence to back up. Funny how others have to meet burdens you yourself don't need to meet, so where is your evidence? Also, I don't think non sequitor means what you think it unless of course, you can prove what I said is incorrect, but we both know you can't because you're too stupid to refute any of it and really hoping your piles of insults will make up for your lack of thinking skills.

As far as sexism, do we agree that sexism is defined as "prejudice or discrimination based on a person's sex or gender"? As far as your "refutation" I already told you it is a logical non-sequitor to claim that "women finding a tomb" is evidence that "Christianity is therefore not sexist." The ball is in your court to show the logical connection, which you haven't done. Otherwise you're wasting my time, as always. I don't need to resort to insults, that's your playbook, and very typically in the style of the angry internet Christian.
                      Another strawman, not my argument at all retard because that is a

PIECE OF EVIDENCE, OF MANY, TO BACK UP MY CLAIMS!!!!

I made what I actually said into big bold letters so your tiny little black/white fundy atheist brain will actually read it. The claim, 'Christianity is sexist' is something that requires more than just a few sentences to refute or support your silly little man. What's the problem, is your usual debate method of making assertions and making others having to refute your assertions, while you sit in your tower and cast down divine judgments, not working?
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

The perception of Christianity being sexist seems to be largely based on the men who interpret the Bible poorly. Including yourself. My husband and I both have perhaps, and the people we associate with, the capability of reading scripture through a cultural lense, and still witholding to the moral law that is taught. Perhaps you would realize that others are able to do the same thing. So if you read something such as "women are to be silent" Perhaps it applied only to that Church because of a lack of order that was being displayed. In other parts of the Bible, Women were actually teachers. Such as Priscilla the wife of Aquila.
                        A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                          The perception of Christianity being sexist seems to be largely based on the men who interpret the Bible poorly. Including yourself. My husband and I both have perhaps, and the people we associate with, the capability of reading scripture through a cultural lense, and still witholding to the moral law that is taught. Perhaps you would realize that others are able to do the same thing. So if you read something such as "women are to be silent" Perhaps it applied only to that Church because of a lack of order that was being displayed. In other parts of the Bible, Women were actually teachers. Such as Priscilla the wife of Aquila.
                          Funny thing is, the link I gave him to Glenn Miller's article already answered all of these standard arguments (including that verse). He can't refute it, so he's trying distractions in the sad hopes that if he makes up enough assertions, his claims will become true.
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment