Announcement

Collapse

Biblical Ethics 301 Guidelines

This forum is for Christians to discuss ethical issues within Christianity. Non-theists, non-christians, and unorthodox Christians should not post here without first getting permission from the area's moderators.

If you have a question about what's OK and what's not OK, please contact the moderators.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Nudism and Clothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Since Cerealman feels so into refuting what I am asserting I'll debate him one on one concerning this topic. I have other areas about this topic that I'd like to question him about but seeing he refuses what I already asked him I would like to have a debate. tThis way it will be more glaring when he hides and ducks from them.

Hey Cerealman, do you want to debate this one on one with me?

Comment

• Originally posted by foudroyant View Post
      Almost any activity you can do as a Christian may cause someone to stumble.

Eat meat...the vegetarians would be offended.
      Watch a football game...others would be against the "violence" and sometimes the steroid culture it and other sports may have.

etc etc
      That verse can be used to justify outrageous prohibitions on the basis of anybody "possibly" being offended. But as argued here, this refers to cases where it would be reasonable to conclude that a reasonable person's faith could actually be overthrown: http://www.tektonics.org/qt/rom14.php I have never seen anybody leave the faith over violence in football. But people do drift from Christianity because of lust/sex, and this lifestyle practically rolls out the red carpet for this.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Culture is a funny thing.

I think the same argument can be used if an interracial couple who were Christians walked around hand in hand. Some racist idiot would use that to justify not becoming a Christian.

The above is just one scenario...there may be myriads of examples.

Comment

Culture is a funny thing.

I think the same argument can be used if an interracial couple who were Christians walked around hand in hand. Some racist idiot would use that to justify not becoming a Christian.

The above is just one scenario...there may be myriads of examples.
          It is very culturally dependent; that's what I've been saying from the beginning. If you're living in a Muslim country, I would advise women to dress much more modestly than they otherwise would. No, it's not fair, but it's reasonable for the sake of the gospel.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• Culture can change.
            Just over 60 years ago segregation was ok. Sometimes culture needs to be rocked to its core.

Comment

• Somehow I don't think society has the same burning need for nudism that America did for desegregation.

Comment

• Not as strong I agree but it is something that ought not to be denied.

Comment

The law and culture of the USA allows abortion so your argument here won't work.

Next time find an actual passage that refutes what I am asserting instead of trying to play make believe.
                  That may be true but that does not mean you can't discern right from wrong even when giving onto Cesar. Trying to just throw away the whole verse just because of abortion is a mistake.
                  At least you admit you're doing nothing more than asserting. That's a start.
                  "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
                  "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
                  Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

You made this same stupid assertion in Post #68 and when I asked you for proof in Post #72 you didn't offer any.
                    So jus keep regurgitating things that I already asked evidence for.

Still waiting.....
                    The proof is you posting the entire verses and what they're about something I'm also saying again. No wonder you're cherry picking verses here and there. Dishonesty at its best, again.
                    "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
                    Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

Since Cerealman feels so into refuting what I am asserting I'll debate him one on one concerning this topic. I have other areas about this topic that I'd like to question him about but seeing he refuses what I already asked him I would like to have a debate. tThis way it will be more glaring when he hides and ducks from them.

Hey Cerealman, do you want to debate this one on one with me?
                      We can do it here as we've been doing since I won't be on as much because of Football practice and Music production.
                      No reason for a big change.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerealman View Post
                        That may be true but that does not mean you can't discern right from wrong even when giving onto Cesar.
                        That's not nice. Cesar might sic his dogs on you if you keep putting things onto him.
                        Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

The proof is you posting the entire verses and what they're about something I'm also saying again. No wonder you're cherry picking verses here and there. Dishonesty at its best, again.
                          no idea what you mean by your first sentence

not dishonest of me...you made the assertion therefore you must prove

Comment

That may be true but that does not mean you can't discern right from wrong even when giving onto Cesar. Trying to just throw away the whole verse just because of abortion is a mistake.
                            At least you admit you're doing nothing more than asserting. That's a start.

Still zero passages against public nudity....how you can be so dead set against it without biblical support is indeed strange.

Comment

• Ok, here are three passages that decry public nudity. (This is just an internet search. My good study Bible is buried in my furniture rearranging.) All quotes are from the ESV.

Your nakedness shall be uncovered,
                              and your disgrace shall be seen
                              Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. -- Groucho Marx

Comment

Give it up man.

There is no command against public nudity.

As I recall, there are no commands against public drunkenness either, but there are strong suggestions against it.
                                Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. -- Groucho Marx

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X