Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

You're Probably Recycling Wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
    They have machines that electronically sort the materials.
    I don't know if they do have machines where I live.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      I mean you are an atheist, but that has nothing to do with recycling, so I will leave it alone.

Oh.

Ain't no thing but me in a g-string... no wait!

Comment

I don't know if they do have machines where I live.

They would have to.

Comment

Oh.

Ain't no thing but me in a g-string... no wait!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

They would have to.
            Ok.

Comment

Comment

Just over-sized boxers for me, or as my aunt calls them grandpa panties.

Comment

They would have to.
                  I remember seeing a show about the recycling facility in...San Francisco(I think it was?) and they had a lot of people standing next to conveyor lines hand picking things out...IIRC, they were removing obvious non recyclables.
                  My city enacted recycling. They decided which recycling company to use. Then everyone HAD to buy the big Blue recycle container from the Recycle company. They add so much a month to your Water Bill to pay for the container, then they add another fee for the recycle service itself.
                  "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

May I suggest taking a look at Penn & Teller's episode on Recycling for their cable series "Bovine Scat" (not the actual name but it means the same thing and the initials are the same). I can't link to it because it is laced with vulgarities but it is nonetheless informative.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      May I suggest taking a look at Penn & Teller's episode on Recycling for their cable series "Bovine Scat" (not the actual name but it means the same thing and the initials are the same). I can't link to it because it is laced with vulgarities but it is nonetheless informative.
                      Penn and Teller are an embarrassment to the atheist/skeptic movement.

First of all recycling saves energy and resources. This is a fact. Aluminum mining is a nasty process that pollutes the hell out of the surrounding eras; the ecosystem as a whole suffers, not to mention it's unhealthy for humans. It takes 95% less energy to simply reprocess the material, rather than use more of it's source.

http://www.bauxietinstituut.com/file...%20Ouboter.pdf

I could go on and on... but it's Penn and Teller. They are free-market ideologues first and foremost, and couldn't give a damn about the facts. If it's associated with environmentalism, they don't want anything to do with it. They'll take believing in libertarianism before they take the science seriously. Besides that, all they do is misquote, misrepresent, and parrot lines from propaganda outfits like Cato and CEI.

Not going to bother with them.

Comment

They would have to.
                        Yes, but the problem to begin with is that machines can't really sort the whole thing - they have to have a LOT of human help beforehand.
                        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Penn and Teller are an embarrassment to the atheist/skeptic movement.

First of all recycling saves energy and resources. This is a fact. Aluminum mining is a nasty process that pollutes the hell out of the surrounding eras; the ecosystem as a whole suffers, not to mention it's unhealthy for humans. It takes 95% less energy to simply reprocess the material, rather than use more of it's source.

http://www.bauxietinstituut.com/file...%20Ouboter.pdf

I could go on and on... but it's Penn and Teller. They are free-market ideologues first and foremost, and couldn't give a damn about the facts. If it's associated with environmentalism, they don't want anything to do with it. They'll take believing in libertarianism before they take the science seriously. Besides that, all they do is misquote, misrepresent, and parrot lines from propaganda outfits like Cato and CEI.

Not going to bother with them.
                          So, you're ambiguous about Penn and Teller.....

Sorry, couldn't resist....

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                            So, you're ambiguous about Penn and Teller.....

Sorry, couldn't resist....

Psst......dubious.......

Comment

I'm sorry that I don't know the economics of waste management in Alaska - which was not the point of this thread. You might contact a local municipality for more information.

I honestly don't know.
                              I was asking why you said I have a bad attitude in light of what I said and what Rogue posted. I don't need more information, I already know what we have in Alaska is a farce.
                              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                                I was asking why you said I have a bad attitude in light of what I said and what Rogue posted. I don't need more information, I already know what we have in Alaska is a farce.
                                I'm just saying one should make an attempt to do what's most responsible, even if it's not most economical.

Comment