Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Social Darwinism and World War I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
    Once again Jorge can't refute the science so he attempts to smear the theory by associating it with people who misused it.

Kinda like saying all of chemistry must be wrong because the Nazis used Zyklon B gas in the chambers.

Jorge isn't the brightest bulb in the chandelier.
    I see that you're giving R06 a run for his money for the
    title of Grand Master Puppa Creator of Straw Men.

You're too stupid, or dishonest, to acknowledge that what I spoke of in the OP is NOT "people that misuse it" but rather a direct, logical application of the fundamental Darwinian Principle (DP) known as "survival of the fittest". You claim to be knowledgeable of Evolution --- go ahead, deny the DP ... deny that there is an unending competition for the limited resources on Earth and that, as per the DP, "superior" species, individuals, populations, cultures, etc. will out-compete the "inferior" ones.

The DP has provided "scientific" justification for everything from genocide to euthanasia and only someone very ignorant (of history) or very dishonest can deny that. Oops, was I just talking about you, Beagle Boy?

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      The exact same thing could be said about "Pasteurism" and Germ Theory. It was impossible to use Germ Theory to justifyZweites BuchDer Generalplan Ost
      I'm impressed with the volume and ferocity with which you come out to defend the "Sacred Fatherland" known as Darwinism. Your dreadfully poor analogies (e.g., "Pasteurism"; Galileo, Copernicus, etc ... etc.) are amongst the worst I've ever seen. I literally had to do a double- and a triple-take to make sure that I had read them correctly. I mean ... heck, I don't even know what to say.

Then, to cap it off, you bring in the "Spartans" to save the day.

Actually, and seriously, you're just trying to use the old magician's ploy of redirecting the audience's attention so as to perform the "trick" without being seen. Well ... I SEE YOU !!!

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
        But that is not what I'm doing. I'm looking at the bigger picture.
        You're doing the exact opposite. If you understood evolution an its significance to teleology--rather than demonizing it in this cheap way--THEN you'd be looking at the big picture.

Originally posted by seer
        We have been through this before whag on Apologetics 301 (your thread I believe). Don't pretend that we haven't.
        Pardon me for not remembering your teleology with regard to bacterial displacement and predation. What's "amiss" about those things? Remind me.

How is killing or displacing our fellow man and taking his property, territory and females not as completely natural as what the bacteria does?
        Because decimating a group of people causes intense pain and suffering, and I have empathy. It'd be unnatural and counterintuitive to kill a group of people and steal their land for a whole host of reasons you, as a 61-year-old man, should have the brains to figure out.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post

Pardon me for not remembering your teleology with regard to bacterial displacement and predation. What's "amiss" about those things? Remind me.
          Nope, go back and read what I said.

Because decimating a group of people causes intense pain and suffering, and I have empathy. It'd be unnatural and counterintuitive to kill a group of people and steal their land for a whole host of reasons you, as a 61-year-old man, should have the brains to figure out.
          That is stupid. Is it unnatural for one group of chimpanzees to destroy the males in another group of chimpanzees and take their feeding grounds and females?
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
            No one who is knowledgeable and honest would (or should) claim that Darwinism causes wars and the atrocities committed in those wars.

The appropriate claim - with tons of historical evidence to support it - is that Darwinism may be, has been and most certainly will be used to justify wars including the atrocities therein. What's more, these "atrocities" are no longer regarded as "bad". No, not at all. No more than a lion ripping apart a baby zebra would be considered an "atrocity". Rather, those "atrocities" are now regarded as a "good thing", a part of a "natural order" where the weak serve the needs of the strong ... where the strong ("fittest") ultimately replace the weak ("less fit"). This is "survival of the fittest" - the calling card of Darwinism from its inception to the present day.

In short, this has been and continues to be the "scientific justification" for why a "superior" (more fit) race or culture may (and should!) conquer all other "inferior" (less fit) races or cultures. It's a 'Natural Principle' - the foundation of Darwinism - that allegedly "explains" why species emerge and why species disappear. What applies to biological species has been "scientifically" projected to apply equally to social-political-economic groups of people.

Here's a 14-minute video about this: http://darwintohitler.com/

You certainly have the right to disagree with the thesis here, just be sure to express your disagreement in a rational and coherent fashion. Blind, irrational and fanatical adherence to the religious ideology of Darwinism is not allowed.

Jorge
            "God told us to do it." Isn't that one we see in the Bible an awful lot Jorge?

Comment

what I spoke of in the OP is NOT "people that misuse it" but rather a direct, logical application of the fundamental Darwinian Principle (DP) known as "survival of the fittest". You claim to be knowledgeable of Evolution --- go ahead, deny the DP ... deny that there is an unending competition for the limited resources on Earth and that, as per the DP, "superior" species, individuals, populations, cultures, etc. will out-compete the "inferior" ones.
              You say lots of really stupid things Jorge. In fact it's pretty much your trademark. ToE doesn't cause events, it's a passive explanation for empirically observed phenomena. Claiming ToE caused WW1 is as stupid as claiming meteorology caused hurricane Katrina.

Jorge Fernandez, the undisputed King of Stupid.

Comment

Are you really so blind that you are unable to see how the Darwinian Principle has been (and is being) applied in all social arenas bar none?
                Can you see how, even today, the Newtonian Principle of action at a distance, is being applied to kill and maim folk and do tremendous property damage? This is a world wide phenomenon and an historical one as well.

And his mathematical theories are even worse. They are being used to actually target bombs and missiles with great accuracy to make sure that the deadly items do their jobs more efficiently. Just like the nazis and gas chambers. Efficiency is the key.

Arguing like a YEC to a YEC is great fun.

Comment

You say lots of really stupid things Jorge. In fact it's pretty much your trademark. ToE doesn't cause events, it's a passive explanation for empirically observed phenomena. Claiming ToE caused WW1 is as stupid as claiming meteorology caused hurricane Katrina.

Why couldn't one use the idea of survival of the fittest to justify evil behavior?
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by rwatts View Post
                    "God told us to do it." Isn't that one we see in the Bible an awful lot Jorge?
                    Regarding your comment above: every time you try to bring the Bible into a discussion (you do this fairly often) you provide unmistakeable evidence of your ignorance of God's Word, orthodox Christianity and so on.

"God told us to do it" are very deep and serious events that cannot be examined by the superficial, dismissive extremist prejudices of people such as yourself. It would be like sending a hard-core, fanatical Nazi to report on the Holocaust of WWII.

If you wish to exit this thread then do so - no one is keeping you from this.
                    It's not like we would miss your "contributions".

Jorge

Comment

Yeah ... okay ... whatever ...

See you in another thread, Beagle Boy, 'cause you're OFF of this one.

Jorge

Comment

I guess a melding of two certain quotes by Robert Anson Heinlein and Mark Twain might be a good thing to put here: Man is the only animal that rationalizes or needs to. To be sure, "needs" requires not-quite-straightforward interpretation!

Comment

Yeah ... okay ... whatever ...

See you in another thread, Beagle Boy, 'cause you're OFF of this one.

Jorge
                          I am puzzled why you make such posts. Do you just want to preach to the choir? Maybe you have a very deep, serious reason that I for some reason am unable to grasp.(kidding)

Comment

Why couldn't one use the idea of survival of the fittest to justify evil behavior?
                            OF COURSE they know how the Darwinian Principle can be (and has been and
                            will continue to be) used as "justification" ("scientific justification") of anything that
                            promotes one group (deemed "superior" or "more fit") over others ("inferior" or "less fit").
                            This includes "justifying" essentially any kind of "evil" behavior. In fact, as I stated in the
                            OP, it often ceases to be "evil" under Darwinism. It becomes a "natural order of things".

The only reason that they deny, Deny, DENY is because it sure does make their Sacred
                            Cow look bad. That would then make selling their poison that much more difficult. Like
                            good propagandists, they HAVE to distance themselves from any and all bad publicity.

That, in a nutshell, is why you will never, ever find an Evolutionist acknowledging the
                            role of Darwinian Evolution in matters such as wars, genocide, abortion, euthanasia
                            and similar things. Needless to say, in this they are dishonest in the worst possible
                            way because they hide the evil so as to be able to sell it to the innocent/ignorant.
                            It is deception at a Satanic level.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
                              I am puzzled why you make such posts. Do you just want to preach to the choir? Maybe you have a very deep, serious reason that I for some reason am unable to grasp.(kidding)
                              Okay ... all kidding aside ...
                              I would have gladly listened to rational, logical arguments - I stated so in the OP.
                              I've had my fill of their religious fanaticism grounded on irrationality.

These people think that because they follow Evolution that they should be
                              granted the respect of a rational and honest critical thinker. They are light
                              years away from achieving that status. Hence, they got the 'boot'.

Jorge

Comment

Nope, go back and read what I said.

That is stupid. Is it unnatural for one group of chimpanzees to destroy the males in another group of chimpanzees and take their feeding grounds and females?

Yes, chimp raids and bacterial slaughter are natural. You seem to have the big problem with it. Either that, or you're saying that only the introduction of Christ stops man's natural inclination to go to war. What is your point exactly?

Comment