Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

�Alarming� Study Claiming Global Warming Heating Up Oceans Based on Math Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderated By: rogue3x2

Tassman's derail has been moved to a more appropriate area. If he wants to continue in that vein he is welcome to do so there.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
      Simply the claimed 'math error' does not detract from the overwhelming historical and scientific basis for climate change. Errors were made and corrected, and the research remains valid
      Yes, this is the whole point regarding the claimed "math error". Perhaps CP can explain why it warrants a thread at all.
      Last edited by Tassman; 11-24-2018, 11:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
        Yes, this is the whole point regarding the claimed "math error". Perhaps CP can explain why it warrants a thread at all.
        It's a free country, Tass. I can post a thread, and you can pitch a walleyed hissy.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          It's a free country, Tass. I can post a thread, and you can pitch a walleyed hissy.
          The only one doing nothing but pitching a walleyed hissy seems to be you, CP. Stop your whining, it's unbecoming of you.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
            The only one doing nothing but pitching a walleyed hissy seems to be you, CP. Stop your whining, it's unbecoming of you.
            Leave it to another internet to defend an internet
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

That is not my view, nor is it the view of any Christian I know.
              Actually, to be fair Cow Poke, at least one Christian on this forum has said precisely that.

Unlike some of the clowns pretending to be experts on climate science (we have a few on Tweb) I don't pretend to understand or study the science of it.
              This is about me isn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                Actually, to be fair Cow Poke, at least one Christian on this forum has said precisely that.
                That derail has been moved to its own thread.

This is about me isn't it?
                I actually respect your opinions.

Comment

Or, to be more productive, you can explain why starting a thread about a math error which was rectified, and did nothing to argue against global warming, warrants a thread at all.

Comment

Or, to be more productive, you can explain why starting a thread about a math error which was rectified, and did nothing to argue against global warming, warrants a thread at all.
                    For one thing, it gave me an opportunity to have a decent discussion with Starlight, who, unlike you, isn't always a jackass.

Now listen carefully --- I'm really getting tired of your pissy little Drama Queen derails ---- either stay on topic or leave the thread.

Comment

For one thing, it gave me an opportunity to have a decent discussion with Starlight, who, unlike you, isn't always a jackass.

Now listen carefully --- I'm really getting tired of your pissy little Drama Queen derails ---- either stay on topic or leave the thread.
                      Whaa whaa!
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjkNNDuAb9A

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        Whaa whaa!
                        Awwwww, don't cry, Peewee, you can stay.

Comment

Last edited by Tassman; 11-25-2018, 10:23 PM.

Comment

I am right on topic, it is you who is deviating from it with personal attacks.
                            What a steaming pile of horsie poo -- you appear to be competing with Charles for Grand Nanny of Tweb:

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
                            Why or when I start threads is none of your business -- Is it that you're too dishonest or too freakin' stupid to see that you were complaining about the fact that I started the thread in the first place?

Here, let me call out the relevant phrase for you.... " you can explain why starting a thread ..."

Comment

• It shows that climate change scientists just blindly accept and publish papers that confirm their bias without checking for accuracy. It took a climate change denier to point out the error. On the first page of the paper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                It shows that climate change scientists just blindly accept and publish papers that confirm their bias without checking for accuracy. It took a climate change denier to point out the error. On the first page of the paper.
                                Thank you for at least addressing the issue...unlike some.

I don't think it's true true that scientists just blindly accept and publish papers that confirm their bias, although I gathered this was the import of CP's OP. The same could be said of Trump and his supporters blindly confirming their bias againsthttps://www.sciencedaily.com/news/sc...mental_policy/

Comment