Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

What is Creation Science or "Biblical Creation"? Simple words, but how to flesh out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jorge View Post
    I joined in 2004? Really? I would've bet that it was in 2002. I still have doubts.
    The archived date is indeed accurate. In any case, TheologyWeb's first incarnation began January 26, 2003, so a join date of 2002 would've been quite impossible.

Meanwhile, I see you and Tiggy are getting along swimmingly as usual.
    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I'll answer that.

My recollection is what it is - I can hardly deny it. Could I be mistaken? Yes, of course. But I would have to be brought to that point by, say, hard evidence, certainly not by your say-so.
      Apparently screenshots showing Sylas identifying himself as an atheist in December 2003 and Jorge not registering here until Feb 2004 don't count as hard evidence. Perhaps Jorge is waiting for a papal decree countersigned by the Archbishop of Canterbury and the Dalai Lama. But there's a much larger issue at the bottom of all this ...

The tiresome claim that "Jorge does not admit being wrong", which you parrot here yet again, is pathetic ...
      It's not a claim, it's a demonstration. Jorge has been shown to be wrong about when he joined TWeb not only by a screenshot giving his registration date but also by the forum not actually existing when he claims he was posting.

Has Jorge admitted he was wrong? No.

Roy

P.S. Dima.
      Last edited by Roy; 05-01-2014, 10:36 AM.
      Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
      MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
        Apparently screenshots showing Sylas identifying himself as an atheist in August 2003 and Jorge not registering here until Feb 2004 don't count as hard evidence. Perhaps Jorge is waiting for a papal decree countersigned by the Archbishop of Canterbury and the Dalai Lama. But there's a much larger issue at the bottom of all this ...
        We don't have screen shots of me identifying myself as an atheist in August 2003; I didn't start posting, until October 2003. The screen shot showing me speaking of my atheism was for December 2003. (Earliest explicit mention of my own atheism in my personal text records is October 28, 2003).
        Last edited by sylas; 05-01-2014, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Thanks for this post which has an air of objectivity about it.
          I joined in 2004? Really? I would've bet that it was in 2002. I still have doubts.
          As I stated in a previous post, that time frame was a 'dark' period in my life.

In any event, I'm pretty much over this topic. Thanks again.

Jorge
          Aren't strident YECs always going on about "Eye Witness Accounts"?

Cognitive dissonance?

K54

Comment

• Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
            I assume that means you'll be back to your regularly scheduled program of making ridiculous YEC claims, running from all questions, and posting dozens of one-liner drive by insults in lieu of scientific discussion. Right?

I've got your list of excuses all ready.

Maybe you could just save time and say "No.3" instead of writing 20 paragraphs tells us how you're too busy to answer.
            7) Perhaps Satan is paying you to haunt me?

K54

Comment

• Originally posted by sylas View Post
              We don't have screen shots of me identifying myself as an atheist in August 2003; I didn't start posting, until October 2003. The screen shot showing me speaking of my atheism was for December 2003. (Earliest explicit mention of my own atheism in my personal text records is October 28, 2003).
              Oops! Thanks. My mistake. I'll fix my post.

Roy
              Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
              MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ucchedavāda View Post
                You are most welcome.

However, you also owe sylas an apology.
                After all, you accused sylas of "re-writing history to suit an agenda", and told him "No more historical porkies, okay?". In reality, sylas online presence as an outspoken atheist on usenet pre-dates your encounter with him by a decade or more, and unlike the TWeb of yore it is still easy to find.
                Thanks again but what you ask is a no-can-do at the present time. Here's why ...

I still have vivid recollections of posts involving Sylas with the topic of "Evolution is leading you to ..." and things along those lines (comparisons to Charles Templeton and so on). Sylas' denial of this isn't compelling for reasons that I've outlined in a post a few removed from this one.

My advice is to drop this thing UNLESS 'all' of my posts (2002 - 2008 would suffice) became available. That would be rock-solid evidence that would settle the issue permanently. I would then sincerely and immediately apologize. Other than myself, the 'YECs' from that time frame are all gone (care to wonder why?) and I'm not going to be getting any help from those here. In short, we are at an impasse. Sorry if this disappoints but surely (if you're honest) you can see the rationality of my position.

Jorge

Comment

• Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
                  Aren't strident YECs always going on about "Eye Witness Accounts"?

Cognitive dissonance?

K54
                  8) Have you taken your meds today?

That's the one that applies here, Santa.

Jorge

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    The archived date is indeed accurate. In any case, TheologyWeb's first incarnation began January 26, 2003, so a join date of 2002 would've been quite impossible.

Meanwhile, I see you and Tiggy are getting along swimmingly as usual.
                    Tiggy?

I haven't seen / read anything from Tiggy in quite some time - since last year sometime.
                    Have you been smoking that 'funny stuff' again, Piggy?

Jorge

Comment

Tiggy?

I haven't seen / read anything from Tiggy in quite some time - since last year sometime.
                      Have you been smoking that 'funny stuff' again, Piggy?

Jorge
                      No, HMS_Beagle is Tiggy's new username. Some people here figured it was him, but he wouldn't admit to it. He later let it slip in a response to CowPoke.

Comment

8) Have you taken your meds today?

That's the one that applies here, Santa.

Jorge
                        In fact, yes I have! Do you see the irony of "Eye Witness Account"? Special Pleading, no?

Now, back to your regularly scheduled rant...

K54

P.S. Ranting appears to be an excellent tactic for avoiding substantive discussion. Red Herring by Rant Fallacy = RHR Fallacy.

Comment

So, you want me to admit to something that in my heart of hearts I do not believe -- that's what you are asking me to do. As for "Sylas not knowing his own history", so you're saying that Sylas is infallible - he cannot possibly be mistaken - while I can be mistaken (of course I can). Again, that is what you are saying. Sorry, I cannot accept that. I've already said that with the hard evidence I would sincerely and immediately apologize. More than that I cannot give.
                          That's not what I am saying at all. I'm saying that there is ample evidence on his side, and against yours. I even give you the benefit of the doubt by saying that it very easily could be a simple mistake, like remembering someone else.

How about we agree to leave this alone? The hard evidence that would resolve this appears to be 'gone' as so belaboring the matter is pointless. Also, this was well before your time so this request applies especially for you. Thanks for the effort, though.

Jorge
                          That's just it, I think that there is hard evidence of you being mistaken, and none to suggest that sylas doesn't know his own history. I'll drop it here though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                            That's not what I am saying at all. I'm saying that there is ample evidence on his side, and against yours. I even give you the benefit of the doubt by saying that it very easily could be a simple mistake, like remembering someone else.

That's just it, I think that there is hard evidence of you being mistaken, and none to suggest that sylas doesn't know his own history. I'll drop it here though.
                            Thank you.

Jorge

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

I offered that as an explanation back on post #255
                              Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              The most obvious of which is that he could be mistaking sylas for someone else.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Thank you.

Jorge
                                Jorge - you really do owe Sylas a clear, humble, and concise apology for the reasons already mentioned. He doesn't need it, but YOU need to give it.

Jim
                                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment