Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

What is Creation Science or "Biblical Creation"? Simple words, but how to flesh out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
    Why would your ability or willingness to answer my questions be dependent on me being 'Tiggy', or Genghis Khan, or Adolf Hitler?

I know ad hom is used to ignore a person's answer, but this is first time I've seen it used to NOT answer.

K54

I'm Brian!

No I'm Brian!

No no I'm Brian, and so's my wife!

Comment

Why would your ability or willingness to answer my questions be dependent on me being 'Tiggy', or Genghis Khan, or Adolf Hitler?

I know ad hom is used to ignore a person's answer, but this is first time I've seen it used to NOT answer.

K54

K54
      Well, given his past history with Tiggy, I would say it's a bit like "You never listened before, why should I expect you to now?".

Comment

• Originally posted by Jorge View Post
        Just got into Amarillo, Texas and was 'greeted' with the highlighted 'gem' by -- who else? -- ol' O-Mudd.

"... perceived gnat of an error ... " ???

Do you have the faintest grasp of what you're saying?

Do NOT bother to answer, O-Mudd, I already know the answer to that question.

Here is that answer : NO !!!

Pay the lady a buck and do keep trying, O-Mudd.

You are bound to get it right one of these days - the laws of probability say so.

Jorge

I'll take that little response as confirmation you have no conscience and wouldn't know what to do with one if you had one anyway.

Jim
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Just got into Amarillo, Texas and was 'greeted' with the highlighted 'gem' by -- who else? -- ol' O-Mudd.

"... perceived gnat of an error ... " ???

Do you have the faintest grasp of what you're saying?

Do NOT bother to answer, O-Mudd, I already know the answer to that question.

Here is that answer : NO !!!

Pay the lady a buck and do keep trying, O-Mudd.

You are bound to get it right one of these days - the laws of probability say so.

Jorge
          Yes,

Here in big bold letters:

Compared to how we act, how we behave, what kind of person we become as a result of following Christ,
          the exact way to understand Genesis and map it into physical reality is trivial and insignificant.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            I'll take that little response as confirmation you have no conscience and wouldn't know what to do with one if you had one anyway.

Jim
            Or that Jorge lives in a Bizarro World where down is up, right is left, black is white, north is south and of course Jorge is never wrong.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
              You missed the post where I told you that HMS_Beagle let it slip that he was Tiggy didn't you?
              I most certainly did miss it and find myself impressed with my own deduction. I mean, all I had to go by was a general 'attitude' -- less-than-honest, obsessive, irrational, ultra-dogmatic in favor of Materialism, and so on. On that ALONE I hypothesized that, "Hmmm, this Santa guy could fill-in for Tiggy and do him justice."

Would you believe it? BINGO-BANGO ... it WAS Tiggy !!! Tiggy trying to enter through the back door (how else do 'creepy people' come in?) under the guise of Santa Klaus.

Bwahahahahaha ... just refer to me as Jorge aka Sherlock Holmes.

Even under the veil of the internet, new name, rubber nose, fake hair, disguised voice, etc ... Tiggy's 'charm' came through. Bwahahahaha. I mean ... BWAHAHAHAHA !!!

Jorge (the one and only!)

Comment

I most certainly did miss it and find myself impressed with my own deduction. I mean, all I had to go by was a general 'attitude' -- less-than-honest, obsessive, irrational, ultra-dogmatic in favor of Materialism, and so on. On that ALONE I hypothesized that, "Hmmm, this Santa guy could fill-in for Tiggy and do him justice."

Would you believe it? BINGO-BANGO ... it WAS Tiggy !!! Tiggy trying to enter through the back door (how else do 'creepy people' come in?) under the guise of Santa Klaus.

Bwahahahahaha ... just refer to me as Jorge aka Sherlock Holmes.

Even under the veil of the internet, new name, rubber nose, fake hair, disguised voice, etc ... Tiggy's 'charm' came through. Bwahahahaha. I mean ... BWAHAHAHAHA !!!

Jorge (the one and only!)
                [cringe] I don't think Cerebrum123 is saying that Klaus54 is this Tiggy guy, he's saying that HMS_Beagle let slip that he, HMS_Beagle, is Tiggy. Hate to say it, but guess that makes you more of a failed inspector Clouseau, than a Sherlock.

Comment

Jorge,

Could you just answer this, please: Is your recalcitrance because you DON'T WANT to answer, or you CAN'T answer?

K54
                  Now that you've been 'outed' (as Tiggy) ..................

I'm still shocked about this ... how was I able to deduce that it was YOU from such meager evidence? Wow!

Anyway, OF COURSE I CAN ANSWER. However, knowing the identity of the receiver, I know full well that it would be a KING-KONG-SIZED waste of time to even bother. Besides, time is precious. Tomorrow I have to get up at 4AM local time (here in Amarillo, TX) so I can be in Flagstaff, Arizona by mid-afternoon. Go play with Roland or O-Mudd, two of your ideological comrades.

Jorge

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                    Well, given his past history with Tiggy, I would say it's a bit like "You never listened before, why should I expect you to now?".
                    Well, but if not for Tiggy and me, then for the others. What about the chiiiidren!!??

K54

Comment

• Originally posted by OingoBoingo View Post
                      [cringe] I don't think Cerebrum123 is saying that Klaus54 is this Tiggy guy, he's saying that HMS_Beagle let slip that he, HMS_Beagle, is Tiggy. Hate to say it, but guess that makes you more of a failed inspector Clouseau, than a Sherlock.
                      If that's the case then all I can say is, "Oops!"

Got'ta go. Stay tuned.

jorge

Comment

Now that you've been 'outed' (as Tiggy) ..................

I'm still shocked about this ... how was I able to deduce that it was YOU from such meager evidence? Wow!

Anyway, OF COURSE I CAN ANSWER. However, knowing the identity of the receiver, I know full well that it would be a KING-KONG-SIZED waste of time to even bother. Besides, time is precious. Tomorrow I have to get up at 4AM local time (here in Amarillo, TX) so I can be in Flagstaff, Arizona by mid-afternoon. Go play with Roland or O-Mudd, two of your ideological comrades.

Jorge
                        Jorge,

1) I'm not "Tiggy", although I could be his Dopplergaenger.

2) It should NOT matter WHO is asking the question! Tiggy_1 and Tiggy_2 are NOT the ONLY readers of this thread, in the past, present, and future. Do you REALLY want to leave such simple questions unanswered becuz you don't wike me?? Risible...

K54 aka "Santa", which is an even permutation of "Satan"

P.S. Jorge claims he CAN answer. Readers take note of this post.
                        Last edited by klaus54; 05-02-2014, 06:33 PM. Reason: p.s.

Comment

Stop sniffing that weird stuff, Terror - it ain't good for you.

Jorge
                          Oh yeah, another Jorge stock insult when he can't answer the question, accuse them of being in drugs/drunk/glue sniffing/etc. It is a valid question and one it seems you don't want to hear. Yes it isn't necessarily wrong to say the same evidence with a different interpretation, but that isn't enough. You need to explain why your interpretation is as likely or more likely than another one is. You haven't done that yet and instead keep 'claiming' you have, but never seem to be able to do it. See Jorge, I've had the same kind of debates and arguments for years around here. I don't tell people to 'go and read my past 30k post'. I instead re explain things to them again. Why don't you do that?
                          "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• In light of the above, may I suggest the following as background music for the thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ucchedavāda View Post
                              In light of the above, may I suggest the following as background music for the thread?
                              Light catchy piece; but then one realizes how long it goes, and all without any real development of the theme. One switches it off out of boredom. Yes; very appropriate.

Comment

Jorge,

1) I'm not "Tiggy", although I could be his Dopplergaenger.
                                I vote for clone or long-lost twin brother.

2) It should NOT matter WHO is asking the question! Tiggy_1 and Tiggy_2 are NOT the ONLY readers of this thread, in the past, present, and future. Do you REALLY want to leave such simple questions unanswered becuz you don't wike me?? Risible...
                                I never base myself on personal like or dislike of a person. I base myself on things such as intellectual integrity, sincerity, seriousness ... stuff like that. You have failed miserably on all counts. NOW do you get it?

K54 aka "Santa", which is an even permutation of "Satan"
                                There's a story behind that --- but that's another story.

P.S. Jorge claims he CAN answer. Readers take note of this post.
                                No need for the "reader's take note" message, Santa. I CAN answer but, as I've stated, why would I waste my time?
                                In any event, I am now off towards some duties and then to Flagstaff, Arizona.

Jorge

Comment