Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

China's domination in alternative energy sources.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Yes

Yes
    Excellent.......

I said you can't just use a link AS your argument. Or just refer people to "look it up yourself". You have to make your own argument and you can use links to back them up.
    ​​​​​​
    Now go back and read what I wrote, read my question, and try sticking to that debate.
    Your criticism was, as usual, wrong.

If China is using them at 50% and building them at a rate of 1 a week, that is still the equivalent of 26 full power coal plants a year. Way more than any other country. You saw the chart I posted. They have 5 times the number of coal plants than the US and building more.
    If China is building more green energy plants than any other company on the World, can't you see that is really very commendable?

You don't seem to care about fossil fuel power generation, so step back from the hypocrisy and take more notice of what China is achieving.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
      If China's propaganda arm declared it just put the first man on Mars, some people on TWeb would believe it.
      You really believe that? How very very sad.

Comment

Originally posted by eider View Post

If China is building more green energy plants than any other company on the World, can't you see that is really very commendable?
        because they are polluting with coal plants more than any other country in the world and are not slowing down building them. Praising them for building more green plants when they are not cutting down on fossil fuel plants is like praising Hitler for being a vegetarian while he murdered people in gas chambers. Yay, he saved a cow while murdering people.

Comment

because they are polluting with coal plants more than any other country in the world and are not slowing down building them. Praising them for building more green plants when they are not cutting down on fossil fuel plants is like praising Hitler for being a vegetarian while he murdered people in gas chambers. Yay, he saved a cow while murdering people.
          Ah! This would make a good question in an intelligence test. Now you score very highly in IQ tests so this should be a doddle for you.

Suppose that China is burning more fossil fuels than you....... The first part of the answer should look at how much China is producing, and that will immediately begin to show you some clarity.
          The second part of the answer is to think about your population and then consider that China has 1 thousand four hundred million folks there.
          You see? It's all bigger than you. And they're making so much more than you are.

You just didn't get that one right.

Comment

If China is using them at 50% and building them at a rate of 1 a week, that is still the equivalent of 26 full power coal plants a year. Way more than any other country. You saw the chart I posted. They have 5 times the number of coal plants than the US and building more.
            It doesn't make sense. Why keep building plants that will only be used at half capacity? It would be FAR more economically feasible to build half as many and run them at capacity. Or even build smaller ones that could run at full capacity

This is why I take claims that they will only run at half capacity with a lot more than a grain of salt.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              It doesn't make sense. Why keep building plants that will only be used at half capacity? It would be FAR more economically feasible to build half as many and run them at capacity. Or even build smaller ones that could run at full capacity

This is why I take claims that they will only run at half capacity with a lot more than a grain of salt.
              Building something to run at half capacity - if that's true - suggests significant increased anticipated need.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Ah! This would make a good question in an intelligence test. Now you score very highly in IQ tests so this should be a doddle for you.

Suppose that China is burning more fossil fuels than you....... The first part of the answer should look at how much China is producing, and that will immediately begin to show you some clarity.
                The second part of the answer is to think about your population and then consider that China has 1 thousand four hundred million folks there.
                You see? It's all bigger than you. And they're making so much more than you are.

You just didn't get that one right.
                So if you have a bigger population you are allowed to pollute more, even if you have the proven capability to build green power plants instead of coal plants? All that proves is that either a) Green energy is not ready for prime time and can't replace fossil fuels, or b) China doesn't give a fart about polluting.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Building something to run at half capacity - if that's true - suggests significant increased anticipated need.
                  Yup. They would be planning on doubling how much they produce -- or you wouldn't build them to produce that much.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Yup. They would be planning on doubling how much they produce -- or you wouldn't build them to produce that much.
                    In any case, it's a clear indication that they are being built for the long haul - not just for a temporary need.
                    After all, they need to have a means of recharging all those clean/green electric cars they're building.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So if you have a bigger population you are allowed to pollute more, even if you have the proven capability to build green power plants instead of coal plants? All that proves is that either a) Green energy is not ready for prime time and can't replace fossil fuels, or b) China doesn't give a fart about polluting.
                      Q: Why isn't China concerned about Global Warming?

A: Because they already have a communist government.

Comment

So if you have a bigger population you are allowed to pollute more, even if you have the proven capability to build green power plants instead of coal plants?
                        In time China could be mostly fossil fuel free.
                        With the right government you might as well.
                        All that proves is that either a) Green energy is not ready for prime time and can't replace fossil fuels, or b) China doesn't give a fart about polluting.
                        You're getting there, slowly, in realising that we can't survive on green energy alone at present. The world needs to work on that like crazy, which is what China seems to be doing.

But you are the Pot calling the Kettle black, so hypocritical.

Comment

Sure.

With the right government you might as well.
                          A communist government? No thanks. You are welcome to it. Let me know when you pack up and move, I will say a prayer.

You're getting there, slowly, in realising that we can't survive on green energy alone at present. The world needs to work on that like crazy, which is what China seems to be doing.

But you are the Pot calling the Kettle black, so hypocritical.
                          The reason China keeps building coal plants is because they know that green energy is not an efficient replacement for fossil fuels AND they don't give a fart about polluting.

Most green energy comes from three sources, Hydro, Wind and Solar. Green energy is inefficient. Hydro being an exception but with hydro you are limited to where you can build the plants, you have to have the right river and right location. Solar panels take way too much land area per watt of energy produced. They are only about 20% efficient. Wind power also has a large environmental impact and takes up lots of room. The blades end up in land fills, the wind turbines disrupt wildlife (sea and air). Nuclear is the best replacement for fossil fuels we have, and some of the newer plants can even burn nuclear waste as their fuel. Hopefully fusion will be along soon. Once that is available I think it will become the the go-to "green" energy source. So why isn't China building nuclear plants instead of coal plants? Because coal is relatively cheap and China doesn't care about polluting. The only reason they bother with green energy is they are hoping to some free energy and to make low-information environmentalists like you think they are modern and want to "save the world" - it's mostly propaganda.

Comment

Not until they begin switch from putting a coal-powered plant online each and every week while merely building one single show case renewable energy plant, to putting a renewable energy plant online every week while only building only one lousy coal-powered one.

But that is not in the foreseeable future and why their commitment to going green has remained ten years in the future for a few decades now.

Comment

Sure.

A communist government? No thanks. You are welcome to it. Let me know when you pack up and move, I will say a prayer.

The reason China keeps building coal plants is because they know that green energy is not an efficient replacement for fossil fuels AND they don't give a fart about polluting.

Most green energy comes from three sources, Hydro, Wind and Solar. Green energy is inefficient. Hydro being an exception but with hydro you are limited to where you can build the plants, you have to have the right river and right location. Solar panels take way too much land area per watt of energy produced. They are only about 20% efficient. Wind power also has a large environmental impact and takes up lots of room. The blades end up in land fills, the wind turbines disrupt wildlife (sea and air). Nuclear is the best replacement for fossil fuels we have, and some of the newer plants can even burn nuclear waste as their fuel. Hopefully fusion will be along soon. Once that is available I think it will become the the go-to "green" energy source. So why isn't China building nuclear plants instead of coal plants? Because coal is relatively cheap and China doesn't care about polluting. The only reason they bother with green energy is they are hoping to some free energy and to make low-information environmentalists like you think they are modern and want to "save the world" - it's mostly propaganda.

Most greens hate hydro almost as much as they hate fossil fuels.

Comment

Most greens hate hydro almost as much as they hate fossil fuels.
                                Well it actually works, so no surprise there. If we actually had a good reliable and efficient renewable energy source they wouldn't have anything to to protest about, nor would the politicians have a means to get budget increases. Which is probably why nuclear power is such an anathema to greenies, even though modern nuclear power plants are safe and actually use up spent nuclear waste rather than creating it.

Comment